Camo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

MorningMojo #1 Posted Jan 11 2014 - 11:42

Private

• Players
  • 29227 battles

This game rocks but there is a real problem with camo mechanics.  Why are tanks able to drive right up to me and shoot me and I,m never able you see them coming.  I noticed the last week or so that the same tank would shoot me two or three times In a row and never be visible, I mean what chance do I have to return fire.  There must be some way to make it more equal to all the players.

This is a crazy idea I had.  How about you remove the camo and the tank map icons and let us find each other the old fashion way, mind you this was a crazy idea.

Edited by gottalove69, Jan 11 2014 - 11:43.

Moguai #2 Posted Jan 11 2014 - 11:52

Major

• Players
  • 39663 battles
  • [ATO] ATO

Just because they see you doesnt mean you can see them. The main reasons for this are......

1. They have more View Range than you so they see you and you don't see them

2. You got spotted by someone else ie a scout that is passive/active scouting and the tank that was shooting you was just within the draw range of you and started hitting you.

There are a few other reasons, but those 2 are the most common.

Edited by Moguai, Jan 11 2014 - 11:53.

Captain_Hardass #3 Posted Jan 11 2014 - 12:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4412 battles

I agree with the op in that the "invisible tanks" situation needs to be addressed. Nothing pisses me off worse than being shot full of holes by an enemy I can not see. However, I think the simplest solution to the problem that is in keeping with the game mechanics and reality is to implement "muzzle flash" and simply remove the camo bonuses given by the the crew skill, camo paint, and the camo net completely for 3 seconds after firing the gun. Problem solved. 

Sgt_Sinful_Needs #4 Posted Jan 11 2014 - 12:42

Major

• Players
  • 6622 battles

View PostMEGATRAV, on Jan 11 2014 - 03:20, said:

I agree with the op in that the "invisible tanks" situation needs to be addressed. Nothing pisses me off worse than being shot full of holes by an enemy I can not see. However, I think the simplest solution to the problem that is in keeping with the game mechanics and reality is to implement "muzzle flash" and simply remove the camo bonuses given by the the crew skill, camo paint, and the camo net completely for 3 seconds after firing the gun. Problem solved. 

"As soon as you fire your gun, the camouflage bonus provided by transparent objects in a 15m radius around your tank is reduced to 30% of the original value. Objects further away are unaffected."

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Battle_Mechanics#Spotting_Mechanics

It's all about game mechanics and learning how to use them.

If you shoot at an enemy with one bush of separation, and you are in close proximity to that bush... the bush loses its concealment value = you are spotted.

If you shoot at an enemy with two bushes of separation, the bush you are within 15m loses value but the further bush does not = you are not spotted.

wylleEcoyote #5 Posted Jan 11 2014 - 13:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21656 battles
  • [ARMED] ARMED

Muzzle flash / really loud boom reduces not just the camo rating of your cover (within 15 meters)

it also reduces the cover rating of your vehicle.

EVERY TIME YOU FIRE.

Hence why TD drivers really dont care for low alpha High DPM guns.

Though a couple of versions ago there was this thing called "tracers"  you could see the incoming shells if you were looking through your scope.

tds and arty did not like it at all.

Also dont drive your giant fucking metal barn of a tank out into the open where all the bushes can shoot at you.

Preddy_ #6 Posted Jan 11 2014 - 13:49

Major

• Players
  • 9629 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

View Postgottalove69, on Jan 11 2014 - 08:42, said:

This game rocks but there is a real problem with camo mechanics.  Why are tanks able to drive right up to me and shoot me and I,m never able you see them coming.  I noticed the last week or so that the same tank would shoot me two or three times In a row and never be visible, I mean what chance do I have to return fire.  There must be some way to make it more equal to all the players.

This is a crazy idea I had.  How about you remove the camo and the tank map icons and let us find each other the old fashion way, mind you this was a crazy idea.

OR.....

1. Get a tank with good innate camo value

2. Put camo paint on it

3. Equipment: Get camo net, optics, &/or telescope

4. Crew: Train all crew for camo

5. Crew: Train Commander for recon & Radio Op. for situational awareness

6. Crew: Train all crew for BIA

7. Consumables: Use food

Voila!....now YOU are the invisitank that can also see VERY far!

MorningMojo #7 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 09:05

Private

• Players
  • 29227 battles
Thanks for all the replies, the information you shared with me should help a lot

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users