Churchill making credits

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

Bacon_Wrangler #21 Posted Jul 28 2010 - 20:46

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8335 battles
Don't forget we have several French tanks as premium tanks on the German side. The B1 bis, S35 (considered the best medium tank in the world in 1940) etc.

darzok #22 Posted Jul 28 2010 - 20:57

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I love the churchill yer you will get an arse whopping trying to win a shoot out with another heavy tank but its a guard dog any fast little light/med scout has a hard time with it been unable to hurt it or been forced to run.

Over all its low speed but heavy armor make and fast rof make it one of the best guards for spgs and the base.

Hell you all so make tons and tons of money form it 5-7 more or less each match just for showing up an easy 10+ when you kill enemy light tanks.

Chojin #23 Posted Sep 27 2010 - 22:28

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4061 battles
I was searching through threads on Premium tanks and I want to add too this thread that I purchased a Valentine before the wipe and it felt like a complete waste of money.

My first experience with a 'Premium' tank was that it was far more boring to play compared to tanks of similar tier.   I'll play standard tanks and earn less XP and have more fun rather than earn more credits and make the game miserable to play.  

Hearing others say that the Churchill is better doesn't remove the bad impression from the last Premium tank I bought.   I will consider long and hard before sinking gold into another one.

lammaer #24 Posted Sep 28 2010 - 08:39

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostDrJ_Zoidberg, on Jul 26 2010 - 23:30, said:

While the churchill, and other gold tanks, may be good for you personally to grind credits, they are sub-par tanks compared to the normal tanks in the same tier as them, which leaves you team effectively handicapped because you're greedy. Granted there isn't much incentive to win particular games if you yourself manage to make plenty of exp/credits anyway. After all, this is just a glorified balance test.

Exactly my opinion about premium tanks.

Clockworkred #25 Posted Sep 29 2010 - 20:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 17029 battles
  • [LBAS] LBAS
I like my Church. It's reliable, fast firing, and reasonably accurate. Compared to many similar tank guns, the Church is a Gatling (30r/min means one round every 2 seconds). Guessing that volume has to be counterbalanced by its gimped armor and piddly penetration. It's still fun to play with, and dirt cheap to maintain compared to tanks in a similar tier.

striken2o #26 Posted Sep 30 2010 - 08:20

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
lol...i was kill Maus by using my churchill (the situation i was standing far back-side and snipe with more than 10+ shells)

everymatch making good money and it best againt scouts(shooting rate).... :Smile-playing:

leofwine #27 Posted Oct 03 2010 - 02:55

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View Postcynabal, on Jul 28 2010 - 18:44, said:

I read somewhere that the Matilda was feared by the Italians and Germans and was almost impervious to most AT and Arty untill about late '41 when the Afrika Korps came along with there 88's and pak38's, then we started to loose alot of Matildas and so they replaced it with the Valentine!

Cool looking tank tho, one of my fave WWII tanks.

The basis of the design of the Matilda II was to have a tank impervious to anti-tank weapons of the time at a set cost & weight. The resulting vehicle scared the hell out of the Germans in France in 1940, but there were only 24*, which were only used en masse at the Battle of Arras, where Rommel brought up and turned his 8.8cm Flak 36** anti-air cannon on the Matilda's, and hammered away at them.

In 1940-1941 it became known as 'Queen of the Desert' in North Africa, as Italian anti-tank weapons had no effect on its incredibly tough 80mm armour, whilst its 2pdr cannon, though quickly becoming obsolete, still punched through Italian armour and early-war German armour. It ruled the theatre until, as you say, Germany reinforced the Italians.
The Matilda II can be attributed with causing Germany to sit up and realise it needed far harder hitting anti-tank artillery, a point reinstated when they came up against the sloped armour of Russian vehicles.

Great vehicle, suffering from the common fault of British tanks of the period - turret rings were too small, thus ruining any attempts to up-gun them.

*The other heavily armoured vehicle was the Matilda I, which was severely underarmed, its turret housing a single .303 machinegun. It's armour was impressive, but obviously it could do nothing against German vehicles.
**During the Spanish Civil War, the Condor Legion had used the Flak36 in the anti-tank role and found it performed excellently, thus when the Matilda's advanced at Arras, and the Pak36's were doing nothing to stop their advance, the Flak36s were brought forward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users