Clan Spotlight: [Havok] 1/13/14

ClanSpotlight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Quemapueblos #1 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 22:06

Associate Producer

• -Players-
  • 8703 battles

The fortnightly Clan Spotlight is back after a short hiatus! This week's Clan is the winner of Campaign 2, Havok! This isn't their first time winning it big either, they also collected a good bit of Gold and some unique medals from Rise of the Americas. You are sure to find the Havok logo somewhere on the Clan Wars map at all times as these tankers are not interested in sitting around. As the commander, callmesarge, puts it, "We put the 'War' in Clan Wars.

This is the extended version. Check out the Portal Article here!

We interviewed these players to learn more about the history of Havok:

Callmesarge - Commander of Havok and Strategist
BlackCompany- Deputy Commander and Recruiter
Unknown0ne - Deputy Commander, Field Commander and Strategist
TofuSmurf - Deputy Commander
m5m5 - Strategist and Field Commander
Arty_Takes_Skill - Strategist
Henrik - Artillery  Strategist
Tevix - Treasurer
The_Decoy - Strategist
togood2222 - Diplomat

You can challenge Havok to Absolute Tank Companies this Wednesday at 3:00 PM PDT on the NA East server.

When and how did Havok get started?

Spoiler

What have you learn about running a clan that you wish you knew when you started out?

Spoiler

Do you find players burn out faster in being in a top clan?

Spoiler

What were your goals as a clan starting out and what is your goal today?

Spoiler

What did the map look like when you first stepped on to it?

Spoiler

During the NASA era, you guys owned 4 separate areas of the map. What was your reasoning for being so spread out over the map? Why did you wait so long to change your logo and color?

Spoiler

How do you prepare for a Clan Wars match?

Spoiler

Is this how it has always has been done? Or has the process evolved over time?

Spoiler

How often do you change what strategies you run on a map?

Spoiler

What does it take to be a good FC and how do you go about developing a new strategy?

Spoiler

How can you tell who created a strategy by looking at it?

Spoiler

What do you look for in replays to help you determine weaknesses in your opponent’s strategies?

Spoiler

How do you analysis your own replays?

Spoiler

How do you think the recent changes such as to allowing shells to penetrate through walls will affect strategies in Clan Wars?

Spoiler

What about in the future, do you see any changes coming that would affect Clan Wars? 

Spoiler

What were your most exciting moments from Campaign 2?

Spoiler

What was your plan going into the last few days of the Campaign?

Spoiler

What was going through you guy's heads when you realized you needed to hit -G- head on to keep first place?

Spoiler

If you had lost that battle for the multiplier, did you have another plan?

Spoiler

We noticed you changed your logo. Care to explain why?

Spoiler

For__Fun #2 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 22:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 11491 battles

First post?!

Salute simp.

Salute all opponents!

antdrew #3 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 22:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 7206 battles
  • [IGP24] IGP24
Cool! My clan hopefully will get better and dominate the map!

DeadlyAsians #4 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 23:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12980 battles

... Tier 10 match... Humm... I need to go find a pillow to bite if I play them...

Spoiler

Well GL everyone! 

Quemapueblos #5 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 23:22

Associate Producer

• -Players-
  • 8703 battles

View PostDeadlyAsians, on Jan 13 2014 - 14:09, said:

Request: Can you guys play with 1 hand only, blindfolded, and upside down? :D *I want to get at least 1 kill :(*

You think that will change anything? I'll see if I can get them some handicaps

ToFuSmurF #6 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 23:31

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 35157 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View PostQuemapueblos, on Jan 13 2014 - 14:22, said:

Request: Can you guys play with 1 hand only, blindfolded, and upside down? :D *I want to get at least 1 kill :(*

You think that will change anything? I'll see if I can get them some handicaps

He'll get a kill if you put Yoott on our team.

Katukov #7 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 23:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 72865 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

I do not want to go into behavioral HavoK or muppets discussions but instead as a person who have fought HavoK quite a lot, my personal opinion on their "stratagem".

In 2012 HavoK utilized (simultaneous) strike(s) very soon from the beginning of the battle. In 2013 most of the time HavoK played by extending their "scouts" and keeping main force close to the base.

They have literally allow you to take most of the map at the begging(do not rush!), majority of clans hesitate to do so. It is valid strategy, but I see them run it over and over, so it is ridiculous able to counter.

Their turtle strategy on Karelia is not so turtle. Call me Sarge is not the best field commander of Havok, I see him run same fail strategy over and over, until VBR lay his way. The other callers were much more creative.

Given then the average skill of the HavoK players is very high, their results against us should be way higher. Doing SIMP training battle is always beneficial, HavoK learned a lot of bushes from them.

Guerrilla lost them "Campaign" battle because Havok has more war practice. After the early lead they were keep sitting and waiting.

PS.

I do not like HavoK personally, but I respect them for the fact they are fighting.

Bean223 #8 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 23:48

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 21697 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-

View PostKatukov, on Jan 13 2014 - 22:42, said:

I do not want to go into behavioral HavoK or muppets discussions but instead as a person who have fought HavoK quite a lot, my personal opinion on their "stratagem".

In 2012 HavoK utilized (simultaneous) strike(s) very soon from the beginning of the battle. In 2013 most of the time HavoK played by extending their "scouts" and keeping main force close to the base.

They have literally allow you to take most of the map at the begging(do not rush!), majority of clans hesitate to do so. It is valid strategy, but I see them run it over and over, so it is ridiculous able to counter.

Their turtle strategy on Karelia is not so turtle. Call me Sarge is not the best field commander of Havok, I see him run same fail strategy over and over, until VBR lay his way. The other callers were much more creative.

Given then the average skill of the HavoK players is very high, their results against us should be way higher. Doing SIMP training battle is always beneficial, HavoK learned a lot of bushes from them.

Guerrilla lost them "Campaign" battle because Havok has more war practice. After the early lead they were keep sitting and waiting.

PS.

I do not like HavoK personally, but I respect them for the fact they are fighting.

We're recruiting ya know, you should join the DARK SIDE!

Edited by Bean223, Jan 13 2014 - 23:49.

Katukov #9 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 23:50

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 72865 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostBean223, on Jan 13 2014 - 17:48, said:

We're recruiting ya know, you should join the DARK SIDE!

Thanks, With recent riot changes there is no point to waste time in CW.

RedSunset #10 Posted Jan 13 2014 - 23:56

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 24210 battles
  • [HULK] HULK

View Postantdrew, on Jan 13 2014 - 15:58, said:

Cool! My clan hopefully will get better and dominate the map!

Yes finally, yes!

Yoott #11 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 00:15

Player

• -Players-
  • 24499 battles

View PostToFuSmurF, on Jan 13 2014 - 14:31, said:

He'll get a kill if you put Yoott on our team.

I M iz R l33t yo

I will carry you all have no worries :-)

Urdr #12 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 00:22

Major

• Players
  • 50021 battles
  • [BRU2L] BRU2L

I still remember the first time i saw 2 guys carrying by killing 13 tanks, one driving a Maus ... Then i knew about Havok ... and i fell in love with the Maus lol

PS: sry eng : P

callmesarge #13 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 00:28

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 31824 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

View PostKatukov, on Jan 13 2014 - 17:42, said:

PS.

Katukov I enjoyed taking part in your mind games. A friend of mine told me the exact same thing then I changed the way I called on Karelia. It's a whole new ball game when one takes good sound advice. The rest as you know is history. 

Alcoholism #14 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 00:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18053 battles
Congrats on the spotlight Havok, much respect :honoring:

LombardiPls #15 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 00:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6577 battles

I have seen a few HAVOK members in random battles,(On the enemy team of course) And this would be my reaction: :amazed::hiding:

But with all do respect, :honoring:

Katukov #16 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 00:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 72865 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View Postcallmesarge, on Jan 13 2014 - 18:28, said:

Katukov I enjoyed taking part in your mind games. A friend of mine told me the exact same thing then I changed the way I called on Karelia. It's a whole new ball game when one takes good sound advice. The rest as you know is history. 

No offence in my post. Seeing ...Endo_.... bringing bunch of E3 and E4 on sand river was more amusing :)

I had intended for a while to publish general points how to fight your strategies, those who smart will read my abracadabra and you will have more fun.

blitzfury #17 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 02:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 19926 battles
o7 guys, well deserved respect..

lozarus #18 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 03:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 47446 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

HAVOK are and always have been one of the most exciting and belligerent clans since they formed, which makes up the majority of the history of clan wars.

I've certainly given equal time to few other clans in competition on the global map, and even fewer with the quality and determination.

Good read, although you're self appointed Best_Subclam_NA is a little premeditated, i do believe that IOC_5 or RELIC 3rd have you pegged by a margin, at least in popular opinion.

RogBird #19 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 04:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6733 battles
Congrats on the spotlight HavoK, it's nice having you guys as allies on the map. :smile::tongue:

coat1 #20 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 04:04

Major

• Players
  • 20197 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO

I remember my time in TBL with Hav0k rising. O> to you Sarge and co. 

Great bunch of guys and it shows with the success they have had

Also tagged with ClanSpotlight

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users