• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Major_Rampage #1 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 23:47

Game Events Manager

• Players
  • 17480 battles
  • [R__R] R__R

Howdy Tankers!  

As you know we are currently On Track to the Jagdpanzer E 100.  While you are On Track you might also find our On Track Premium Shop Bundles helpful.

This is our dedicated discussion thread for the line of vehicles that stretches from the Panzerjager I to Jagdpanzer E 100.  If you wish to discuss the individual vehicles please see our discussion thread for individual tanks,  and guides on them,  found here.

How do you feel the vehicles change as your progress down the line from?  Do you feel the vehicles have a similar play style?  How would compare this line of tank destroyers to other lines in the game?

Feel free to disagree with anyone here,  but make sure  keep your conversation civil and be prepared to back up your claims and opinions on this line.

Note:  This is a strictly moderated thread.

X_Factor007 #2 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 06:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 22020 battles
  • [AO] AO

I have a Jagdtiger and JagPZE100

For Jagdtiger - I can say that this TD is good and can make a difference in some situation.This TD have the fastest shell in the game,,(in my observation)

JagdPz E100 -this TD is a failure maybe the worst TD in Tier 10..I can deal with it's turtle speed  but what I can't deal is most of the shots even if you aim correctly will bounce or miss after waiting for more than 20 sec reload..imagine a gold rounds bouncing at the side of the target or a tank 2 tier lower than you..Hope that WG will try to review the parameters that was set for this TD..the paper said that this is the most accurate tier 10 TD,,but not in the actual game..RNG hate this TD.

mokujin22 #3 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 21:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12420 battles
  • [OKTG] OKTG

This was the first TD line I started.  I do not remember much of the tier 2, but the marder used to be quite a fun tank.  A long series of nerfs has made that tank downright miserable to play (I kept mine for a long time, hoping for the awesome to return, but it never happened).  The T82 seems to have replaced it as the OP tier 3 TD. Luckily, it is a low tier, so a quick grind.

The Hetzer was decent, Stug was completely OP and the JPIV was a major letdown from the Stug.  I still have my Stug.  Camo rating, speed, good gun... definitely the highlight of the first half of the tree.

The JP1 is where you really start to feel like a badass.  Awesome gun with surprising mobility.  JP2 is an even better version of the tier 7.  It was one of my favorite tanks and only sold it after I got into the German autoloader line.  If you are running this tree outside the promo, go with the JP2 over the Ferdi for sure.  Mobility>>>meh armor imo.

The JT is a monster once fully upgraded.  I love it.  Very much a sniper's TD.

I do not intend on getting the JPE100.  Have heard that it is one of the bigger tier 10 letdowns in the game.  Rumor has it though that once the TD nerf comes in the next major patch, this will be one of the only TDs not affected.  Can someone confirm?  This may sway my decision to push the last 50K to unlock it over the next couple of weeks.  Even on sale, $5M credits is a ton of grinding.  I fully intend on keeping the JT, so would have to raise 100% of it.  I feel though, that along with my IS-8, Cent 7 and ST-1, it will be the end of the line for me.

Overall, I feel like I've played most of the TD lines far enough along to get a decent impression of them.  Have a T30, T28, ISU-152, AT-7 and PzSfl V and this has absolutely been my favorite TD line to play so far.  (Don't have the BL-10 yet though and have gotten to the low point of the German autoloader line... so this is subject to change, lol).

As a bonus, the premiums are likely the best premium tanks I've owned.  Have had the dicker max and just got the JT8.8 over Christmas and both are a blast.  The 8.8 also has the distinction of being the top credit earner in the game (after the Type 59).

Overall, I highly recommend this line.  Just go into it knowing that tier 9 is generally considered the place to stop.

mokujin22 #4 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 21:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12420 battles
  • [OKTG] OKTG

^^^ This maybe should have gone on the comparison thread.  Sorry.

Fixed and moved.

~Major_Rampage

Deusmortis #5 Posted Jan 21 2014 - 04:10

Major

• Veteran Testers
  • 22603 battles

Not much of a guide, but here's a quick writeup of the different playstyles you may encounter along this line:

The Evolution of the Tank Hunter:  Jagdpanzer On Track Progress Path

The late January On Track event features the German Jagdpanzer line.  This line features a mix of stealthy vehicles, fast vehicles, and well armored vehicles.  Unfortunately, you only get one or two of those aspects at a time….

The line features a playstyle progression that you should be prepared for, as the later vehicles will not do well if you do not adapt.  Generally, this playstyle evolves from lightly armored, stealthy vehicles to more heavily armored vehicles better suited for forward operations.  I will not go into great detail with this guide, but here is what you can expect as you move from one vehicle to the next:

Panzerjager I – Essentially unarmored, and not particularly fast.  Its gun is quite accurate, however.  It has a fair view range, which will often allow you to shoot before the enemy sees you.  This is a very good skill to develop early.  You DO NOT want to trade shots when driving this vehicle.

Marder II – A linear advancement from the Pj I.   It plays very similarly, while simply doing everything its predecessor did, and doing it better.  You do lose some accuracy, however, and the gun takes longer to aim.

Hetzer – This will be your first taste of some key WoT concepts:  the stock grind, the gun choice dilemma, and armor.  While all tanks are better with their best modules researched and installed, the Hetzer is the first TD on this line that sees a huge performance boost.  The last engine takes the Hetzer from plodding to nimble.  The top two guns are both good in different situations, and you will have to decide which is better for your playstyle.  The 10.5 features punishing damage on each shot, but its low penetration and accuracy will lead to difficulties when facing armored opponents.  The 7.5 cm PaK 39 has nearly double the armor penetration, but less than a third of the damage.  It does fire over twice as fast, though, and does so with much better accuracy.  Finally, the sloped armor on the front of the Hetzer performs well against many of the guns you will face.  Be warned:  Putting too much faith in armor will cause you to develop bad habits that will be punished as you advance in the game.

StuG III – Very fast and maneuverable, this handles more like a light or medium tank.  Don’t let the speed get you into trouble, though.  Your health and armor are not sufficient for front line action.  Try to find the balance between sniping in back, and moving up to support your team’s advance.  The speed should let you easily keep pace with you team, while also allowing you to fall back if things go bad.  You will also have your first chance to use the excellent 7.5 cm PaK 42 L/70, one of the best mid to low tier guns.  It has sniper accuracy, very high pen, and a fast rate of fire.  Damage per shot is low, so you will have to find ways to put several shots into your targets.

JagdPanzer IV – Possibly the lowest point in the line, the JP IV is a perennial under-performer.  Don’t let that discourage you, though.  With the right playstyle, the JP IV is certainly a capable vehicle.  It has excellent camo, like its predecessors, allowing you to potentially fire undetected.  It has speed and maneuverability nearly on par with the StuG.  The biggest issue is the gun.  You have the option of using an 88mm gun, but that gun has less armor pen than the 75mm that carries over from the StuG.  It also has less gun depression than its predecessors, making it more difficult to get the gun on target.

Jagdpanther – Here is where the line starts to transition from stealth to armor.  The Jagdpanther will not hide very well, but it is still fairly nimble, and the angled front armor will bounce a few shots.  It has the option to carry a longer barreled 88mm gun, which corrects the low pen issue from its shorter brother.  It can also mount a much harder hitting 105mm, that has very similar pen and accuracy stats.

Jagdpanther II – This will be your last taste of speed in this line.  It will also be your first taste of 128mm guns.  Very tall and very difficult to hide, with low armor on the hull.  The upper part which mounts the gun (superstructure) has fairly thick, well angled armor.  Whenever possible, hide the lower part of the vehicle with rocks, hills, dead tanks, etc.  This will be good practice for the Jagdtiger.  

Jagdtiger – Hated by many, and poorly played by more.  This beast features one of the best overall guns in the game, as well as a very thick superstructure.  By this point, I hope you’ve given up on the idea of hiding….  The Jagdtiger is at its best when hull down, using the gun’s excellent balance of accuracy, alpha, rate of fire, and pen to punish enemies at medium to long range.  Just remember to push with your team, in order to keep your gun in play as long as possible.  Never let the enemy see your lower front hull.  The JT does not move very fast, so you will have to plan ahead.  If you stay too far back, you won't be able to keep pace with your team and contribute damage.  If you push too soon, you have little to no chance to withdraw.

JagdPanzer E-100 – This vehicle…. Honestly feels like it should be on a completely different line.  It lacks even the Jagdtiger’s miniscule mobility.  It completely abandons the good fire rates of its predecessors in favor of massive alpha.  It does have some good points, though.  Its upper hull and superstructure are quite difficult to pen, and will even defeat gold rounds from many of its opponents.  The sides will deflect nearly anything when sidescraping.  Even with all that armor, it’s a simple task for opponents to flank you, leaving you helpless.  The gun takes an age to reload, which means each shot is precious.  RNG will never, ever, cause one of those precious, well aimed shots to fly straight into the ground….

So, in review:

Tiers 2-6 – Quick, fast firing, stealthy, mostly unarmored.
Tiers 7-8 – Transitional vehicles, less stealth, more armor.
Tiers 9-10 – Rolling bunkers, stealthy as a supernova, big guns.

X_Factor007 #6 Posted Jan 22 2014 - 13:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 22020 battles
  • [AO] AO

View PostDeusmortis, on Jan 21 2014 - 04:10, said:

Not much of a guide, but here's a quick writeup of the different playstyles you may encounter along this line:

The Evolution of the Tank Hunter:  Jagdpanzer On Track Progress Path

The late January On Track event features the German Jagdpanzer line.  This line features a mix of stealthy vehicles, fast vehicles, and well armored vehicles.  Unfortunately, you only get one or two of those aspects at a time….

The line features a playstyle progression that you should be prepared for, as the later vehicles will not do well if you do not adapt.  Generally, this playstyle evolves from lightly armored, stealthy vehicles to more heavily armored vehicles better suited for forward operations.  I will not go into great detail with this guide, but here is what you can expect as you move from one vehicle to the next:

Panzerjager I – Essentially unarmored, and not particularly fast.  Its gun is quite accurate, however.  It has a fair view range, which will often allow you to shoot before the enemy sees you.  This is a very good skill to develop early.  You DO NOT want to trade shots when driving this vehicle.

Marder II – A linear advancement from the Pj I.   It plays very similarly, while simply doing everything its predecessor did, and doing it better.  You do lose some accuracy, however, and the gun takes longer to aim.

Hetzer – This will be your first taste of some key WoT concepts:  the stock grind, the gun choice dilemma, and armor.  While all tanks are better with their best modules researched and installed, the Hetzer is the first TD on this line that sees a huge performance boost.  The last engine takes the Hetzer from plodding to nimble.  The top two guns are both good in different situations, and you will have to decide which is better for your playstyle.  The 10.5 features punishing damage on each shot, but its low penetration and accuracy will lead to difficulties when facing armored opponents.  The 7.5 cm PaK 39 has nearly double the armor penetration, but less than a third of the damage.  It does fire over twice as fast, though, and does so with much better accuracy.  Finally, the sloped armor on the front of the Hetzer performs well against many of the guns you will face.  Be warned:  Putting too much faith in armor will cause you to develop bad habits that will be punished as you advance in the game.

StuG III – Very fast and maneuverable, this handles more like a light or medium tank.  Don’t let the speed get you into trouble, though.  Your health and armor are not sufficient for front line action.  Try to find the balance between sniping in back, and moving up to support your team’s advance.  The speed should let you easily keep pace with you team, while also allowing you to fall back if things go bad.  You will also have your first chance to use the excellent 7.5 cm PaK 42 L/70, one of the best mid to low tier guns.  It has sniper accuracy, very high pen, and a fast rate of fire.  Damage per shot is low, so you will have to find ways to put several shots into your targets.

JagdPanzer IV – Possibly the lowest point in the line, the JP IV is a perennial under-performer.  Don’t let that discourage you, though.  With the right playstyle, the JP IV is certainly a capable vehicle.  It has excellent camo, like its predecessors, allowing you to potentially fire undetected.  It has speed and maneuverability nearly on par with the StuG.  The biggest issue is the gun.  You have the option of using an 88mm gun, but that gun has less armor pen than the 75mm that carries over from the StuG.  It also has less gun depression than its predecessors, making it more difficult to get the gun on target.

Jagdpanther – Here is where the line starts to transition from stealth to armor.  The Jagdpanther will not hide very well, but it is still fairly nimble, and the angled front armor will bounce a few shots.  It has the option to carry a longer barreled 88mm gun, which corrects the low pen issue from its shorter brother.  It can also mount a much harder hitting 105mm, that has very similar pen and accuracy stats.

Jagdpanther II – This will be your last taste of speed in this line.  It will also be your first taste of 128mm guns.  Very tall and very difficult to hide, with low armor on the hull.  The upper part which mounts the gun (superstructure) has fairly thick, well angled armor.  Whenever possible, hide the lower part of the vehicle with rocks, hills, dead tanks, etc.  This will be good practice for the Jagdtiger.  

Jagdtiger – Hated by many, and poorly played by more.  This beast features one of the best overall guns in the game, as well as a very thick superstructure.  By this point, I hope you’ve given up on the idea of hiding….  The Jagdtiger is at its best when hull down, using the gun’s excellent balance of accuracy, alpha, rate of fire, and pen to punish enemies at medium to long range.  Just remember to push with your team, in order to keep your gun in play as long as possible.  Never let the enemy see your lower front hull.  The JT does not move very fast, so you will have to plan ahead.  If you stay too far back, you won't be able to keep pace with your team and contribute damage.  If you push too soon, you have little to no chance to withdraw.

JagdPanzer E-100 – This vehicle…. Honestly feels like it should be on a completely different line.  It lacks even the Jagdtiger’s miniscule mobility.  It completely abandons the good fire rates of its predecessors in favor of massive alpha.  It does have some good points, though.  Its upper hull and superstructure are quite difficult to pen, and will even defeat gold rounds from many of its opponents.  The sides will deflect nearly anything when sidescraping.  Even with all that armor, it’s a simple task for opponents to flank you, leaving you helpless.  The gun takes an age to reload, which means each shot is precious.  RNG will never, ever, cause one of those precious, well aimed shots to fly straight into the ground….

So, in review:

Tiers 2-6 – Quick, fast firing, stealthy, mostly unarmored.
Tiers 7-8 – Transitional vehicles, less stealth, more armor.
Tiers 9-10 – Rolling bunkers, stealthy as a supernova, big guns.

"RNG will never, ever, cause one of those precious, well aimed shots to fly straight into the ground" ----- Hope that it is true but RNG don't consider a shot of JagdPz E100 a special one..actually I cannot see the difference between the penetration of Gold Rounds and Regular ammo of this TD,,but in other tanks if I loaded a gold rounds I am so confident that my shot have a high chance of penetrating...

jonzer12 #7 Posted Jan 22 2014 - 15:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 7664 battles

Have had this Line completed for a while, the JP E100 is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.  I am approaching a hundred games in it now after letting it sit for a while and am starting to get the hang of it.  It can do wonders so long as your team doesn't abandon you.  The biggest problem is the play style is far different from the JT before it.  The JP E100 underperforms at long range.   You need to be at close to medium range.  All my best matches have been city maps, side scraping and dueling at close to medium range.

This was one of the funnest lines in the games for me, the sug, Jagpanther, and Jagpanther 2 are all standout tanks.

Edited by jonzer12, Jan 22 2014 - 15:16.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users