• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Major_Rampage #1 Posted Jan 14 2014 - 23:55

Game Events Manager

• Players
  • 17480 battles
  • [R__R] R__R

Howdy Tankers!  

As you know we are currently On Track to the Jagdpanzer E 100.  While you are On Track you might also find our On Track Premium Shop Bundles helpful.

This is our dedicated discussion thread fore ach  of vehicles that stretches from the Panzerjager I to Jagdpanzer E 100.  If you wish to discuss the line vehicles please see our discussion thread for the entire On Track found here.

Do you have a guide you would like to contribute to everyone who is working on the current On Track?  Then this is the place for you.  Please share your tips and tricks,  and we will keep this post updated with links to any guides that are submitted in this thread.

Links to Guides(this will be updated as people contribute guides):

Spoiler

Feel free to disagree with anyone here,  but make sure  keep your conversation civil and be prepared to back up your claims and opinions on this line.

Note:  This is a strictly moderated thread.

Derp_o7 #2 Posted Jan 19 2014 - 22:46

Captain

• Players
  • 31092 battles
Jg. Pz E-100 Guide: Hide due to poor camo, fire shell that does 1200 damage, reload for 25 seconds, rinse, repeat :izmena::teethhappy:

Northof60 #3 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 01:12

Private

• Players
  • 13424 battles
JGPzer 4 is the worst of the bunch, the hetzer and Stug are a LOT of fun and the JPanther is a BIG improvement over the 4. Can't wait to see what the Panther II and Tiger are like. I have pretty much given up on my other lines to focus on the German TDs.

SdKfz252 #4 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 01:58

Major

• Players
  • 10497 battles
Pagdpanther? Jagdpnther E-100? ._.

HowitzerBlitzer #5 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 15428 battles
The only word of advice I have is, SNIPE!

Major_Rampage #6 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 06:35

Game Events Manager

• Players
  • 17480 battles
  • [R__R] R__R

View PostSdKfz252, on Jan 19 2014 - 17:58, said:

Pagdpanther? Jagdpnther E-100? ._.

Fixed

X_Factor007 #7 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 06:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 22020 battles
  • [AO] AO

I have a Jagdtiger and JagPZE100

For Jagdtiger - I can say that this TD is good and can make a difference in some situation.This TD have the fastest shell in the game,,(in my observation)

JagdPz E100 -this TD is a failure maybe the worst TD in Tier 10..I can deal with it's turtle speed  but what I can't deal is most of the shots even if you aim correctly will bounce or miss after waiting for more than 20 sec reload..imagine a gold rounds bouncing at the side of the target or a tank 2 tier lower than you..Hope that WG will try to review the parameters that was set for this TD..the paper said that this is the most accurate tier 10 TD,,but not in the actual game..RNG hate this TD.

Major_Renegade #8 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 08:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18762 battles
  • [2SSB] 2SSB

View PostX_Factor007, on Jan 20 2014 - 07:56, said:

For Jagdtiger - I can say that this TD is good and can make a difference in some situation.This TD have the fastest shell in the game,,(in my observation)

JagdPz E100 -this TD is a failure maybe the worst TD in Tier 10..I can deal with it's turtle speed  but what I can't deal is most of the shots even if you aim correctly will bounce or miss after waiting for more than 20 sec reload..imagine a gold rounds bouncing at the side of the target or a tank 2 tier lower than you..Hope that WG will try to review the parameters that was set for this TD..the paper said that this is the most accurate tier 10 TD,,but not in the actual game..RNG hate this TD.

Must say that i have found this TD JagPZE 100 to be not so bad i can say with all honesty the only tanks i bounce rounds off is the American tier ten E3 and T95 {depends where the shell hits} directly from the front even the Maus isnt so tough when you shoot it with this thing but in general i like this TD well the last 3 in this row Ferdi {which isnt included in the on track} the JT i think this one is just dam awesome and the JagPZE 100 only schlep is a 22 sec reload with 100% crew  {second perks} and gun ramer

But i suppose it all depends on what each person likes

bob_ninja #9 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 17:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 74096 battles
  • [_CF_] _CF_

(some of this applies to others but is particularly important for StuG)

StuG III:

First time I played it had crap crew and hated it. So make sure to have 100% crew. I used 2X crew exp event to train crew before on track. If possible have Sixth Sense on commander. Then train everyone else with camo. StuG already has great camo rating With camo crew you will be invisible (except city maps of course).

Camo is StuG's best weapon. Make sure to always hide. Always look for bush and trees. Remain invisible as long as possible.Since damage per shot is low you will need multiple shots. So try to maintain your cover as long as possible. That means avoid being in front lines unless really necessary.

StuG is fast and has good traverse. Change position as needed. Don't get stuck in one position for too long. No targets? Too exposed? Another flank needs help? If you are not firing or are in danger then feel free to move.

StuG has high pen for its tier. Given choice of targets, choose heavy tanks and others with tough armor. Others can deal with mediums and lights. However your team needs help with heavy armor targets. Also heavy tanks don't have good view range. Use your stealth to keep firing at them while your team mates deal with lighter armor.

Edited by bob_ninja, Jan 20 2014 - 17:02.

SpiritGod #10 Posted Jan 21 2014 - 21:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11939 battles

As someone who has played a fair bit of games in the JagdPz E-100, my suggestions for equipment are of the following:

Gun Rammer: Decreases reloading time significantly, no brainer. 

Superheavy Spall Liner: I cannot stress how much you want this. This thing is a front to mid lines support/pushing TD. You WILL be Artie's number one target. This is an important piece of equipment to have.

Coated Optics: This things camo is already pretty terribad. This tank will not benefit too much from camo nets or skills. The best way to compensate for this lack of camo is to add view range. Optics are the solution and will give this tank a good 440 view range, enough to best out any tier 10 tank view range. This game is all about who is seen first and it is essential fort his tank to know what is shooting at it.

Other Equipment: Vents are good and Gun laying drive. However GLD is not as useful for this tank simply because you have got a while to aim after firing a shot.

Hope this has helped.

nethervvoid #11 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 15:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8318 battles
  • [DGA] DGA

I have about 95 tank guides now. Kinda funny how it seems still only a handful know about this. lol Here's a link to the list of tank guides I have: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6D318CE9421F6FE1. Please feel free at wargaming to share these guides with the community any time you want. That's why I make them. ;)

For your Jpz 100 on track specifically, I have a lot of guides already:

Hetzer

StuG III

Jagdpanzer IV

Jagdpanther

Ferdinand

Tliish #12 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 23:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 67544 battles

I recently bought my JPz E-100, and have experienced about a 2/3rds bounce rate with regular ammo and 50% with gold vs tier IXs and Xs, very slightly better vs VIIIs. I'm pretty experienced (34K battles) and am quite familiar with weak spots so I think that that rate is pretty standard for most, as this poster mentions:

View PostX_Factor007, on Jan 19 2014 - 21:56, said:

I can only assume that the official pen stats are less than honest or the rng is weighted against it. It should be a beast, but in reality it is only average. I can't say it's a complete disappointment, but it certainly isn't what I'd hoped for.

The stug, and hetzer are probably the best of the lot per tier range. I do like my JT, though, with good spotters and some flank protection it can really make a difference.

As far as equip goes, I use a rammer, vents, and binocs on my JPz E-100. Someone said coated optics were good, but they only give 10% for 440 view range. Since I don't run around a lot with my JPz E-100, I find that the 500 view range offered by the binocs is far better, it helps offset enemy camo. I try to stay back and snipe until my team has a 3-5 tank advantage, I have a good idea of enemy positions, and there are tanks up front to spot before I push, since if you try to push with this thing it becomes a shell magnet in a hurry, and no matter how tough the armor is supposed to be, you won't last long with half the other team shooting at you, plus pushing means you will be giving away unavoidable flank shots. Btw, my crew has 3 skills.

admarillstonewall #13 Posted Jan 30 2014 - 15:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 6227 battles
  • [ARMDA] ARMDA
What is the best role for a Hetzer a sniper, close in ?

Groza_Tanke #14 Posted Jan 30 2014 - 17:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 65998 battles
  • [TRAP] TRAP

Well I started the " On Track to the Jagdpanzer E 100 ", but after working my way up to the JagdPanther II  I have slowed down considerably.  There just isn't enough time for me to finish the challenge.  Not without giving up sleep, and possibly going through a divorce. :teethhappy: 

Grinding through the modules that each vehicle needs is what is slowing me down.  If you already have all of these TDs then you definitely have an advantage over anyone starting from scratch.  I had the first 3 TDs so they were relatively quick to work through.  The rest have been an enjoyable grind. 

I actually liked the JagdPanzer IV and could not understand why other people dislike it.  It does what it is intended to do.  All of the vehicle require that YOU adapt a play style that is specific to them.

My only complaint is that the final prize is so trivial.  It would have been better to offer one of the rarer tanks than a cheap easily purchased premium.

Groza_Tanke #15 Posted Jan 30 2014 - 19:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 65998 battles
  • [TRAP] TRAP

For the Hetzer the play style will depend upon what gun you have mounted.  The 7.5 cm is good for sniping at a distance and the 10.5 cm needs to be closer to increase accuracy and penetration. 

With  the Hetzer  remember to move after shooting unless you are very sure you can get off another shot quickly, or they haven't spotted you.  Arty loves Hetzers and will zero in on you if you sit for too long.  Plus the little Armadillo does not move that fast be sure you have an alternate spot to move to quickly.

Armadillo1.png

Hetzer_pic1.jpg

Edited by Infinitemoose, Jan 30 2014 - 19:52.

NightWinger7 #16 Posted Feb 01 2014 - 14:35

Private

• Players
  • 2097 battles
Had a good night in my Hetzer two days ago but last night was awful.  Hopefully reading and watching the stuff posted in this thread will help me have some better results today.  Was going to push for the StuG III but then I decided to give the 10.5 cm cannon a try so I'm back down to almost no xp.  Probably won't have time to earn enough to get the StuG III before the event is over.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users