In game ranged finder display.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Avrien #1 Posted Jan 16 2014 - 03:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9913 battles
  • [SAF-E] SAF-E

When is the game going to add an in-game ranged finder data display... I really don't appreciate having to guess at ranges. i want to play intelligently and I want appropriate data. There are too many reasons to have it. It should be a part of the game just like everything else. I mean we have the ranged finder and can have them shot why not get the data!? At the least how about something that allows us to guess the distance through a bar moving. Whatever was realistic for those tank. I don't care if I have to learn something but I am sick of having to guess from nothing. There is a reason those tanks had them on them!  And they had ways to find out!

And BTW I know there are mods. I also run linux and probably can't run them. And I don't want to run one anyway. I'm prefer only using in game tools.

Edited by Avrien, Jan 16 2014 - 03:38.

Macabe #2 Posted Jan 16 2014 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 9318 battles
Could always download a reticle mod, most of them have it attached.

DoniL73 #3 Posted Jan 16 2014 - 03:43

Captain

• Players
  • 40721 battles

View PostAvrien, on Jan 15 2014 - 20:37, said:

When is the game going to add an in-game ranged finder data display... I really don't appreciate having to guess at ranges.

are you talking about distance to target? or something else...because my vanilla game has distance to target already in. black numbers about an inch above the target/gun reticle, a bit hard to see, but distance ranges are there, already

Avrien #4 Posted Jan 16 2014 - 03:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9913 battles
  • [SAF-E] SAF-E

Yea that is what I mean.. Maybe a better labeling then! 8)

Is there a thorough tutorial on how all of the tank interfaces work? Namely the indicators on the screen while fighting. Like the triangles and the up and down bar etc. Or what they can be used for.

It would also be nice if there was on for anything you put your sights on to figure out range on terrain etc.

Edited by Avrien, Jan 16 2014 - 04:14.

Avrien #5 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 00:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9913 battles
  • [SAF-E] SAF-E

I have a good suggestion for this. It would complete the range finder.

How about that little bar at the bottom is utilized and add a horizontal bar that goes across it to indicate generic distance to anything you are aimed at(More generic non-numerical display.)! Set the max to 500m so that if you hit the top you know yo are aiming at 500+. And the bottom would be 0 or whatever is appropriate. This would be in addition to the digital display above it that gives distance for any tank targets! 8D

The rest of the indicators aspects(or even the first suggestion) could also be utilize either via equipment or skills if needed. Say equipment for more advanced electronic displays. Whatever is realistic though. And for what tanks should get the chance to get it to help aim or aim on the move etc. It seems like that part of the game is underutilized. Heck it could be a piece of researchable equipment and a buy able item. Say you research the electronics or mechanical equipment slot. And buy the types available! It could be a new slot for certain appropriate tanks! That part of the game seems to be underutilized.

Edited by Avrien, Jan 17 2014 - 00:35.

_Gungrave_ #6 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 45437 battles
  • [-SRP-] -SRP-

View PostMacabe, on Jan 16 2014 - 03:38, said:

Could always download a reticle mod, most of them have it attached.

having something like this as a built in feature is better as you don't need to update it with every patch.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users