Jump to content


Low/mid tier high XP/credit/$$$price premiums


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

zNutcase #1 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 16:43

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 2209 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

Bad players on tier 8 premium tanks cause a lot of upset.  But currently tier 8 premium tanks are the only way to earn a lot of XP/credits quickly, and they are a large source of income for WG so they aren't going away unless something better is put in place.

 

One way to improve the situation is:

 

- Keep the current breed of low/mid/high tier premium tanks.

 

- Sell new premium tanks as follows:

 

--- Similar XP and credit earning as the tier 8 premiums.

 

--- Similar $$$ price as the tier 8 premiums.

 

Why would this work:

 

- Bad players will do better at low/mid tier than they do at tier 8, where they die easily, do little damage, and annoy the better players.

 

- Bad players would thus earn more at low/mid tier than they do at tier 8, because they would be playing against players of similar skill instead of being hopelessly outmatched.

 

- The new low/mid tier premium tanks would perform similar to old low/mid premium tanks.

 

- WG would earn just as much since players would still buy the same number of tanks for the same amount of money.  Actually, WG would probably earn more as these players will eventually become better and then want a tier 8 premium tank on par with their improved skill.  Further, bad players with money would not get disillusioned quickly as they get beat to a pulp in tier 8, so they are more likely to keep spending money.

 

What do you think?



Orodruin #2 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 16:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9202 battles
  • 1,293
  • Member since:
    10-05-2012

I think I see where you are going, but I can't follow your logic completely.

 

Simplistically, I don't know that adding bad players to any tier, as you seem to promote/suggest, will really pacify the better/more proficient players, regardless of tier.

 

This is the beginning of a good line of conversation, however.  II'll give you that.



zNutcase #3 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 16:52

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 2209 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostOrodruin, on Jan 17 2014 - 16:48, said:

I think I see where you are going, but I can't follow your logic completely.

 

Simplistically, I don't know that adding bad players to any tier, as you seem to promote/suggest, will really pacify the better/more proficient players, regardless of tier.

 

This is the beginning of a good line of conversation, however.  II'll give you that.

~~


At high tier bad players don't contribute.  At low/mid tiers you mostly see bad players, so they will be able to contribute.

 

This would MOVE bad players from the high tier matches to the low/mid tiers, in a way that increases (not damage) WG's income.

 

It might not move all of the bad players down, but it should move a good portion.

 

 


Edited by zNutcase, Jan 17 2014 - 16:53.


mattscooby #4 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 16:58

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 34333 battles
  • 1,602
  • [KLUB] KLUB
  • Member since:
    12-31-2010

simpler thing would be, stop letting day 1 tankers buy a tier 8 premium .

want too spend $50 on a lowe day 1 ?

you get a s35 with the lowe locked, get past tier 4 grinded or 500 battles, you unlock the t 25.

s 35 goes away unless you pay too keep it.

get 1000 battles, you unlock when you reach tier 6-7 which ever is 1st you get the m 10.

t 25 goes away unless you buy it.

hit tier 8 grinded, or 2000 battles, you get the lowe , m10 same again goes away or you can buy it.

end result, you can not buy a tier 8 tank day 1 .

you can buy it, but can not unlock it until you have some basic idea at lower tiers , grinded to skill up some what.

 



Tank3rDude #5 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 17:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 9612 battles
  • 2,589
  • [_TNK_] _TNK_
  • Member since:
    12-29-2012
I think that all premiums should be locked until you have a regular tank of the same tier. This would keep inexperienced tankers out of their skill range. It would cut down on premium tank sales, but I guarantee you that they would sell more gold from newer players converting experience to tier up quicker.

SheerluckH0lmes #6 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 17:11

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8557 battles
  • 934
  • [-FCF-] -FCF-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View Postmattscooby, on Jan 17 2014 - 15:58, said:

simpler thing would be, stop letting day 1 tankers buy a tier 8 premium .

want too spend $50 on a lowe day 1 ?

you get a s35 with the lowe locked, get past tier 4 grinded or 500 battles, you unlock the t 25.

s 35 goes away unless you pay too keep it.

get 1000 battles, you unlock when you reach tier 6-7 which ever is 1st you get the m 10.

t 25 goes away unless you buy it.

hit tier 8 grinded, or 2000 battles, you get the lowe , m10 same again goes away or you can buy it.

end result, you can not buy a tier 8 tank day 1 .

you can buy it, but can not unlock it until you have some basic idea at lower tiers , grinded to skill up some what.

 

Why would WG implement that? They're in it for the money... :sceptic:



Brutalus_Maximus #7 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 17:26

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 8269 battles
  • 433
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

I am pretty sure bad players in ANY tank cause a lot of upset.  :)  

 

Also, I don't think there are that many players whose top tier tank is a T8 premium.  Sure there are some but out of the thousands of players its not many.  

 

On the other hand if a player wants to pay for your game by dropping 50$ on a tank why not?  After all more then half the time that player is ON THE OTHER TEAM and helping you win.  Its just math.  :)



Donald_Rumsfeld #8 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 17:27

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 16886 battles
  • 1,440
  • [DTC1] DTC1
  • Member since:
    11-09-2010

Good and bad players at every tier. Those are just the facts of playing W.o.T.. Matters little if they are premium or not.

 

Also I doubt every much W.G. is going to limit is cash intake because of a few forum posts. To them everyone's cash is the same no matter what skill level or tier they play at.



BarnsBroadside #9 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 17:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 18568 battles
  • 4,451
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013

I honestly think that wouldn't help.  The bad players in tier 8 premiums are mostly there because they bought their way into a tier much higher than they were willing to grind too.  Most of them probably don't know what it's like to be creditless because they don't drive anything other than premiums beyond tier 5.

 

Players needing to use premiums for money making are typically players already driving mostly tier 8-10 tanks where profit isn't guaranteed even if you win.



pepe_trueno #10 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 17:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 41234 battles
  • 6,367
  • Member since:
    05-21-2011

View PostzNutcase, on Jan 17 2014 - 16:52, said:

~~


At high tier bad players don't contribute.  At low/mid tiers you mostly see bad players, so they will be able to contribute.

 

This would MOVE bad players from the high tier matches to the low/mid tiers, in a way that increases (not damage) WG's income.

 

It might not move all of the bad players down, but it should move a good portion.

 

 

tier means nothing when it comes to skill, actualy bad players tend to rush t10 and then get stuck in t7-t9 when profits starts to go down.

-

dont get me wrong, making t5 prems more profitable is a good idea just pointing out that tier does not equal skill.

-

but i dont think WG will ever do that, i think there is a reason to why t8 prems are much better than lower tier prems and my bet is WG wants large amounts of persons playing those tiers, probably becouse they serve of cannon fodder to t9 and t10 wich happend to be the main credit eaters.



Orodruin #11 Posted Jan 17 2014 - 18:51

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9202 battles
  • 1,293
  • Member since:
    10-05-2012

View PostTank3rDude, on Jan 17 2014 - 11:05, said:

I think that all premiums should be locked until you have a regular tank of the same tier. This would keep inexperienced tankers out of their skill range. It would cut down on premium tank sales, but I guarantee you that they would sell more gold from newer players converting experience to tier up quicker.

 

Best, most concise, and positive idea that I think I've ever seen along these lines.  +1 to you, Sir.  (I'd give you +2 if I could...)






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users