Has windowed-mode been removed? What changed?

windowed mode disabled borderless

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

DubiousDrewski #1 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 09:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17156 battles

I have not installed or uninstalled anything on my machine for weeks, and I never let Windows automatically update anything. But just tonight, I notice I cannot run the game in borderless Windowed mode, like I've been doing on this machine for the past 3 years of playing WoT. Windowed mode now only has a max resolution of 1920X1060(wtf?), and the window can't expand to the edge of the screen, creating this very large ugly border on the top and right of the screen(And cutting off the bottom left corner). Windowed mode is unplayable.

I do not prefer Full screen mode because it makes an alt-tab very sluggish. And this may sound silly, but my ability to cool down after a tough match by effortlessly alt-tabbing to Reddit or Youtube is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to my enjoyment of the game. I've played 12,500 matches this way. This cannot be taken away from me!

Was there a mini update that changed some graphical settings, or is it just my machine? Opinions?

Hyori_Reign #2 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 09:59

Captain

• Players
  • 15233 battles
  • [AGENT] AGENT

I've honestly got no idea what you're talking about. I ran window mode last week and it was fine.

The max res on window mode is whatever res your monitor is at.

If you're having problems its probably on your side but don't take my word for that. Hope it works out for you

OwenGlendower #3 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 12:47

Major

• Players
  • 27555 battles
No, it still works the same when windowed for me. And I'm with you, I don't get the insistence of game designers on wanting to use full screen.

ToBe998 #4 Posted Jan 20 2014 - 13:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12638 battles
  • [-GOB-] -GOB-
Same here. I just hate games that have no borderless or at least normal windowed mode. But WoT is still working fine here.

misscleo #5 Posted Jan 22 2014 - 06:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19857 battles
This app is probably the best I've used so far for making games borderless. And here's another one, but it takes longer to switch the window and sometimes bugs out. You probably had one of those running and just forgot about it, because this game never had a borderless-windowed mode.

DubiousDrewski #6 Posted Jan 22 2014 - 08:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17156 battles

Welp. I'm a bit of a fool. After a reboot, everything is back the way it's supposed to be. I don't know why I didn't try that first. (I always sleep my machine. I haven't turned it fully off in maybe ... 4 months?)

Thank you for your input, guys.

Also tagged with windowed, mode, disabled, borderless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users