Jump to content


Stat "bullying"

Stats

  • Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

_Gungrave_ #141 Posted Dec 02 2017 - 23:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 42487 battles
  • 16,299
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jan 15 2017 - 04:47, said:

^..What is 'binned'...? :amazed:

And I'm just curious, here... but why do you pin your win rate to each of your posts, in our forum..? What does that achieve..?

 

It achieves the goal of you asking a stupid question.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #142 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 01:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,700
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

^..Again, I sincerely mean no disrespect, here dude...:D

 

*But as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I have never understood why people insist on pinning these 'stat-siggy-thingys' to the bottom of each of their posts. If anything, I think it only exacerbates the problem of stat bullying. It's kinda like one of my students walking around the hallways of our school with their report card glued to their chin. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't stop them....but kids are gonna have a field day with that! Not to mention, staff counsellors would definitely start asking some questions. Just saying....

 

 

 



foughtwolf #143 Posted Dec 04 2017 - 02:15

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9132 battles
  • 601
  • [HCO] HCO
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011
Sorry, but the average in WOT is 48%, if you're 3-7k games in and holding a 46% winrate or lower, you're not going to be getting any better. Anything below that and you are somehow an active detriment to your team- better off if you had simply AFK'd.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #144 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 04:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,700
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

The tyranny of a multitude is a multiplied tyranny.

-Edmund Burke

 



_Gungrave_ #145 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 04:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 42487 battles
  • 16,299
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
Still bumping this garbage thread I see.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #146 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 05:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,700
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Postfoughtwolf, on Dec 03 2017 - 20:15, said:

Sorry, but the average in WOT is 48%, if you're 3-7k games in and holding a 46% winrate or lower, you're not going to be getting any better. Anything below that and you are somehow an active detriment to your team- better off if you had simply AFK'd.

 

^..So, then you're saying that I am an average player...and there's nothing wrong with that..?

 

Again, I see nothing wrong with being an average 'Joe' player in this game, but try convincing that to the stat-bully vocal minority here.

 

Spoiler

 

...because I'm constantly told to "uninstall the game", and that I'm a "detriment to my team" almost on a daily basis around here. Here's just two examples, of many:

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/535718-i-finally-did-it-i-uninstalled-the-game/page__pid__10846485#entry10846485

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/535718-i-finally-did-it-i-uninstalled-the-game/page__pid__10846488#entry10846488

 

 



Curo__0_0ll #147 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 06:01

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 16398 battles
  • 179
  • [RUBLE] RUBLE
  • Member since:
    10-26-2014

View PostBanzaiBonsai, on Jan 24 2014 - 17:38, said:

Yeah, wish you could hide your stats, it's horrible, every other game I get called out for my stats. I don't want this. I just want to play and have fun...

 

A fair number of "good" players wouldn't mind being able to hide their stats either, XVM targetting goes both ways and frustrates a lot of people.Both players with supposed 'good' stats and players with 'bad' stats. at the end of the day if it gets too much turn the chat or stats off, team mates almost never talk strat anyway so your not getting anywhere by leaving it on.

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #148 Posted Dec 15 2017 - 06:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,700
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 14 2017 - 23:10, said:

View Postfoughtwolf, on Dec 03 2017 - 20:15, said:

Sorry, but the average in WOT is 48%, if you're 3-7k games in and holding a 46% winrate or lower, you're not going to be getting any better. Anything below that and you are somehow an active detriment to your team- better off if you had simply AFK'd.

 

^..So, then you're saying that I am an average player...and there's nothing wrong with that..?

 

Again, I see nothing wrong with being an average 'Joe' player in this game, but try convincing that to the stat-bully vocal minority here.

 

Spoiler

 

...because I'm constantly told to "uninstall the game", and that I'm a "detriment to my team" almost on a daily basis around here. Here's just two examples, of many:

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/535718-i-finally-did-it-i-uninstalled-the-game/page__pid__10846485#entry10846485

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/535718-i-finally-did-it-i-uninstalled-the-game/page__pid__10846488#entry10846488

 

 

 

*Oh, and here's yet another example to add to the list of... "uninstall the game bro".

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/528157-wargaming-we-want-answers/page__st__40__pid__10700785#entry10700785

 

Spoiler

 

^...Like I've said so many times before, Wargaming, there goes your bread and butter...being wrongly shamed and driven out of this game, one average 'Joe' player at a time.

...:facepalm:

 

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #149 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 02:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,700
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRandom__Task, on Jan 18 2017 - 16:07, said:

No. I don't care to sacrifice my win rate just because you can't get yours over 49%.  And check my average tier.  If I was down in lower tiers clubbing the mentally challenged like yourself then perhaps you'd have a slight argument, however as it stands you have no basis for your ridiculous assertion.  

 

Why don't you sub-50%ers just learn the game so you're actually useful instead of of being a detriment to your teams?  In your case, I'd start by spending less time schit-posting in the forums and more time actually playing the game and learning its mechanics.

 

^..What..?!!! :amazed:  I'm not clubbing anything.

Everyone knows I'm a terrible low performing player. If anything, I'm the one getting clubbed on a regular basis.

 

*Besides, why should I fail my way to tier 10, when I can just as easily fail my way to tier 5...and stop? {fortunately!} Do you really want a pleb like me ruining your tier 10 games..? I didn't think so...:D

 

 

 

 

 



_Gungrave_ #150 Posted Dec 22 2017 - 05:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 42487 battles
  • 16,299
  • [X-OUT] X-OUT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 15 2017 - 06:19, said:

 

*Oh, and here's yet another example to add to the list of... "uninstall the game bro".

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/528157-wargaming-we-want-answers/page__st__40__pid__10700785#entry10700785

 

Spoiler

 

^...Like I've said so many times before, Wargaming, there goes your bread and butter...being wrongly shamed and driven out of this game, one average 'Joe' player at a time.

...:facepalm:

 

 

 

I see more people leave the game because of WG decisions/changes than I ever do from people getting their glass feelings hurt.

 

Check server statistics against negatively received updates and you'll notice quite the trend.


Edited by _Gungrave_, Dec 22 2017 - 05:21.


Iron_Soul_Stealer #151 Posted Dec 25 2017 - 04:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,700
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostRandom__Task, on Jan 18 2017 - 16:07, said:

No. I don't care to sacrifice my win rate just because you can't get yours over 49%.  And check my average tier.  If I was down in lower tiers clubbing the mentally challenged like yourself then perhaps you'd have a slight argument, however as it stands you have no basis for your ridiculous assertion.  

 

Why don't you sub-50%ers just learn the game so you're actually useful instead of of being a detriment to your teams?  In your case, I'd start by spending less time schit-posting in the forums and more time actually playing the game and learning its mechanics.

 

 

^...By the way...

*Are you calling me "mentally challenged" based solely on my performance for an online pixel tank game..? :facepalm: If so, that's not only ridiculous, but extremely inappropriate. And I would certainly see that as stat bullying. Ironic, considering the thread title.

 

View PostDoomslinger, on Mar 21 2017 - 16:59, said:

I think there is still and error located between your computer chair and keyboard.

 

Again, I will admit that I have my physical limitations in real life, so... unfortunately, you may be right.

 

And if I'm not up to your "pro-gaming standards", it could be because I suffer from RIS {Repetitive Injury Syndrome}, as well as severe Neuropathy from a very serious workplace injury I sustained many years ago, in real life. Sadly, with my injuries, I can barely feel my hands and fingers.. at the best of times. *Oh, and to make gaming-matters even worse, I also suffer from CSR {Central Serous Retinopathy}. So, as a result, I am almost completely blind in my right eye. However, I can still manage to see through my left eye, with some difficulty...and some very thick optics.

 

So, all that being said, I get why you would say that from a gamers' perspective {although extremely mean and disrespectful}. Consequently, it is even more frustrating for me, because I now understand the concepts and basic mechanics of the game, and I know how I want to be playing, heck.. I even know how I should be playing. Unfortunately, I am simply unable to physically keep up and do well at this game. So, with my failing eyesight, poor dexterity, and increasingly slow reflexes, my gaming is only going to get worse as time goes by.

 

But that still doesn't keep me from trying once in a while! :)

So, if you get people like me on your team, well.. you're just going to have to deal with it. Carry harder!

 

 

 



Iron_Soul_Stealer #152 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 06:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,700
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View Post_Gungrave_, on Dec 02 2017 - 17:21, said:

 

It achieves the goal of you asking a stupid question.

^..Well, "whatever that is supposed to mean"....:facepalm:

 

*Did you complete the new wot survey..? I did. And I don't think WG was asking stupid questions.

 

View Post_Gungrave_, on Dec 21 2017 - 23:20, said:

 

I see more people leave the game because of WG decisions/changes than I ever do from people getting their glass feelings hurt.

 

Check server statistics against negatively received updates and you'll notice quite the trend.

 

^..I respectfully disagree.

 



ColonelShakes #153 Posted Oct 08 2018 - 11:58

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 12030 battles
  • 1,136
  • [CDN] CDN
  • Member since:
    01-17-2016

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Oct 08 2018 - 06:01, said:

^..Well, "whatever that is supposed to mean"....:facepalm:

 

 

 

It means he has posted his stats as a lure.  The intent of the lure is to draw out garbage players and their idiot questions.  

 

Respecful disagreement with hard statistical numbers showing a trend, just makes you look dumber.  

 

Post your stats in your sig.  If you know how.



Iron_Soul_Stealer #154 Posted Oct 18 2018 - 05:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,700
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostColonelShakes, on Oct 08 2018 - 05:58, said:

 

It means he has posted his stats as a lure.  The intent of the lure is to draw out garbage players and their idiot questions.  

................

 

^..I still don't get it. And I still don't see the point.

 

But anyway...

*Did you complete the recent wot survey..? {I did} And are you surreptitiously calling me a garbage player..?

 

View PostColonelShakes, on Oct 08 2018 - 05:58, said:

 

.....just makes you look dumber.  

 

Post your stats in your sig.  If you know how.

 

^..Well...once again, and I sincerely mean no offense here, but I've never really understood the point of these silly 'stat siggys'.

 

It's kinda like one of my students walking around the hallways of our school with their report card glued to their chin. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't stop them....but staff councellors would definitely start asking some questions. Just saying....

 

 



Saint_Metagross #155 Posted Oct 18 2018 - 20:12

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 24671 battles
  • 777
  • [TUVK] TUVK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostLOVESOCK307, on Jan 24 2014 - 08:14, said:

So I've played this game awhile, and although I'm not too good, I do enjoy it. Very frustrating though to get a message after a battle from someone telling me I suck and that I'm a noob because of my stats. I know this (insults from other players) happens in every game out there but it would be nice to hide my stats to the public, so that only I know I suck and don't have to be reminded by some of the better players out there haha. 

 

Just turn off the ability to allow people to message you outside of battle.  That will cut down on it.  Also, it wouldn't matter if you have good stats.  Even I get bullied due to my stats.  Why?  Because I'm "better" than the "tomatoes".  I am a "green" player, but, not a "blue", so, I've been bullied by people with bad stats blaming me because I couldn't "carry" them.  The number of times I've saved others and won battles basically with me as the biggest driving force is indeed large, but, even so, people should not be using stats to bully anyone.  Good or bad stats.

 

I'm tired of watching people bully others because of their stats.  I've seen people bully PURPLES (basically, the "best" ) because they couldn't carry the team (despite the fact they were in T8 vehicles in a T10 match...).  I've always been a fan of WG making all Mods illegal, yes, even skin mods.  If people want skin mods, would be best for WG to somehow integrate something into the game so that players can get WG approved skins.  But, by making all mods illegal, people would not be able to see at a glance who is a red, green, blue, purple, etc.  This would cut down the bullying greatly.  Wouldn't stop it though.  People will still find a reason, like "how dare you camp!"...despite the fact you are a scorpion in a T9 match...in short, they ignore what tank you are driving and expect you to be on the front lines, even though you'd die with one look...played to many matches where people in paper thin TDs rushed the front lines...guess what happened to them...dead.  I personally killed a Kanon 105 with my Kanon 90 because he did just that while I sniped him as he rushed headlong.

 

The game needs a far better tutorial than it currently has.  One that teaches you not only the basics, but, one that teaches "roles".  I'd ask for a tutorial on each and every individual tank so that people can better understand that tank and it's role in battles at different tiers.  Many people do not seem to understand that the tier does change a tank's role.  A tier 7 heavy cannot be played as if it is a heavy in a tier 7 match when in a tier 9 match, unless the enemy is stupid, that T7 heavy is going to die quickly and people will be quick to call them "noob" and such.  Same thing extends to individual tanks that are not exactly true tanks of what they are classified as.  A good example is the FCM 50t, a tier 8 french heavy.  It has good speed and mobility, a good gun, but, lack luster armor.  The armor means it is not good for close range engagements.  In fact, due to it's mobility and gun, it is far more suited as a second line support vehicle than a more traditional heavy role.  Yet, far to many players do not realize this and will yell at a FCM 50t player because they are not playing as a traditional heavy.

 

Bullying in this game basically revolves false understandings and assumptions.  People with good stats belittle people with bad stats because they (the bad stat players) are not playing how they (the good stat players) would play.  While people with bad stats expect to be carried by those with the better stats.  Both groups are making assumptions they should not be making.  Players need to realize that everyone has their own play styles and they should not be forcing their play style on others.

 

I've seen people say that MM needs to take in consideration skill...I say that is not smart.  Why?  Let's say it does, now, in queue, there are 20 bad players and 10 good players.  It grabs 5 of the good players (Let's say three tier 9s and two tier 8s, this will be a tier 7 battle) for one team and the other team gets the other 5 (who are all tier 7s).  Now, already, that looks lopsided.  The best players on one team are top and mid tier while the other team has them at the bottom.  But, wait, there is more.  The 5 good players that are top tier all have their vehicles fully upgraded, with the right equipment equipped and 100% trained crews with three skills each, meanwhile, the other team, the 5 good players had just recently bought their tier 7s, their crews are still in the 50%s or maybe even 70%/80%s, no upgrades at all, nor do they have any equipment.  Now suddenly, you can see that this battle will be one sided for the team with the 5 good players in the top positions.  In this case, the bad players on the team with the top 5 players being the bottom tier, would need to seriously step up their game.  In this case, what would most likely happen is that when the bad players start popping the good players that are bottom tier would start bullying the bad players.  "But, the teams were balanced by skill level!"  Skill level means nothing when it comes to balance actually.  I've been in far to many battles were we had one guy give up because we had less than 40% win chance and yet we won.  Want to know how XVM (or however it is spelled) comes up with those numbers?  Skill levels.  And yes, I've been in battles where XVM was right about who would most likely win.  But, those victories go to show that skill level cannot be a deciding factor for balancing teams.  And forcing the queue to take up to ten...twenty minutes, just to balance all tanks by skill, would not be a good idea.

 

Ultimately, the easiest way to stop bullying is to have WG turn off all chat functions.  Cannot bully someone if they cannot hear/see you.

 

In short, bullying happens across the entire board, not just on those with poor skill levels and it happens for a variety of reasons and it is not something that can easily be fixed.


Edited by Saint_Metagross, Oct 18 2018 - 20:20.


Mikosah #156 Posted Oct 24 2018 - 00:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 17582 battles
  • 4,025
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

Keep a couple things in mind, one is that this game is highly team-dependent and that even a fairly successful run on a loss is probably going to be less profitable than very poor performance on a win, especially if a daily multiplier gets thrown in. The guys who are actually trying to make a win happen are depending on you to pull your weight. If not, then their effort often becomes completely wasted.

 

And the other is that the average player performance of 48.9% WR and 900 or so WN8 is an extremely low hurdle to jump. Its ok to be happy about managing to be statistically 'average', but remember that the 'average' player has no earthly idea what he's doing. And that is understandable, WoT is perhaps the most counterintuitive game I've ever played so I'm not angry at the typical 48%er for just not knowing any better. But on the flipside, there is a very understandable feeling of betrayal when all you want is for a teammate to take just one halfway decent position for once in his life.



EmperorJuliusCaesar #157 Posted Oct 24 2018 - 05:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 30451 battles
  • 4,727
  • [EOR] EOR
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostLOVESOCK307, on Jan 24 2014 - 23:14, said:

So I've played this game awhile, and although I'm not too good, I do enjoy it. Very frustrating though to get a message after a battle from someone telling me I suck and that I'm a noob because of my stats. I know this (insults from other players) happens in every game out there but it would be nice to hide my stats to the public, so that only I know I suck and don't have to be reminded by some of the better players out there haha. 

 

Hit print screen, attach to a ticket https://na.wargaming .net/support/en/products/wot/help/ , boom, they get a chat ban and either learn how to act or they will get perma chat banned at the 5th one.

 

ONLY way to stop the toxicness of NA.  They will either learn how to act, or there will be many people perma chat banned.

 

Edit:  How did a 2014 post get on the front page??


Edited by EmperorJuliusCaesar, Oct 24 2018 - 05:05.


Iron_Soul_Stealer #158 Posted Nov 09 2018 - 08:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,700
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostEmperorJuliusCaesar, on Oct 23 2018 - 23:02, said:

 

Hit print screen, attach to a ticket https://na.wargaming .net/support/en/products/wot/help/ , boom, they get a chat ban and either learn how to act or they will get perma chat banned at the 5th one.

 

ONLY way to stop the toxicness of NA.  They will either learn how to act, or there will be many people perma chat banned.

 

Edit:  How did a 2014 post get on the front page??

 

^..Some very helpful and interesting tips/points there.

And to answer your 'highlighted' question...

 

*First off, I would never classify this as 'necroing' for the following reasons:

 

-This topic is still extremely relevant to this day

-We are not permitted to make new threads on already existing topics

-Ask yourself if this is still an ongoing issue/problem? YES..obviously.

-Has the issue been resolved..?  Obviously NO.

 

That is how this thread is still on the front page news....even after all this time.

 

 



FearTheBadger #159 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 05:15

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 15017 battles
  • 90
  • [R_I_R] R_I_R
  • Member since:
    12-28-2015
Just saying the more people that stop playing the closer your getting to the NA server shutting down.  Unless that is what you want

Iron_Soul_Stealer #160 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 07:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 9,700
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostFearTheBadger, on Nov 09 2018 - 23:15, said:

Just saying the more people that stop playing the closer your getting to the NA server shutting down.  Unless that is what you want

 

^..Interesting point.

Consequently, it seems extremely counter productive and unsustainable {from a business standpoint} to have NA staff that are either apathetic to, and/or {even worse} actually participate in active stat bullying/stat shaming ...doesn't it..? 

 

Anyway, I've never wanted to believe this theory, but what if Wargaming NA staff are also complicit in perpetuating the culture of stat bullying..? 

 

On that note.... I wish I could still find that thread where a well known WG community staffer publicly, and very rudely stat bashes another player here in this forum. I'll try to look for the thread and post the link, but it's probably been taken down and deleted.

 

 

 







Also tagged with Stats

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users