Stats

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Ich_bin_Hass #161 Posted Nov 10 2018 - 09:29

Captain

• Players
  • 78956 battles

View PostSilkySmooth, on Jan 24 2014 - 10:20, said:

You are not bullied because of your stats. No one cares unless you preform poorly. Your stats just reference why you are playing poorly. 

I have called many out with good stats.  

As have I. Some of the absolute WORST team players, are the so called GUUD unicums. Who so graciously beat their chests to proclaim their GREATNESS ! These very same players who will kill steal and team damage mates because that player got to there favorite firing position ahead of them.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #162 Posted Nov 13 2018 - 00:19

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Dec 31 2016 - 21:00, said:

Tbh I'd like to know why you necro'ed an 8 month old thread that was dead :sceptic:

Once again...

This thread was almost 3 years old before someone else posted in it. It wasn't me. You can even check.

However, that being said, I still wouldn't classify that as 'necroing' for the following reasons:

-This topic is still extremely relevant to this day

-Ask yourself, is this problem still an unresolved and ongoing issue within our community..? YES..obviously.

Spoiler

By the way, what happened to your profile, gungrave..? ...:amazed:

I tried to click on your username, but you seemed to have 'disappeared'..? And why is your name 'grayed out'..?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #163 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 22:11

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

Have a happy holiday season, everyone...:)

*Know your limits, and enjoy the game responsibly. And remember, no bulli.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #164 Posted Apr 08 2019 - 00:54

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postherpaderp277, on Jan 24 2014 - 11:17, said:

if you suck and are a noob, expect to be informed of it. if you would like not to be informed of it, dont suck and be a noob.

^...:facepalm:

Well, it's now 2019.

Maybe when this new 'Fog-of-War/stat-anonymizer' feature is finally implemented into the game client, we won't have to suffer through any more of this in-game toxicity {*see above}. I am optimistic, and I will be waiting and watching to see what happens here.

WhosMans #165 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 05:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 32127 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 07 2014 - 15:28, said:

I respectfully disagree^.

I think being able to hide/block your stats from public view IS the answer, but like I said... I don't think the xvm'ers here would like that idea, because it would render their mod useless.

Just curious, but you're not an xvm'er..are you..? { if you are, that would explain your vested interest in keeping stats public....just say'in....}

*But I do agree, that even then, the "trolls will still troll", but at least they won't be able to stat-bash other players 'in-game', and that would make a huge difference in improving the quality of my gaming experience...

.....and many others here would agree. Besides, people are getting sick and tired of all the stat-bashing/ stat-bullying in this game...AND in this forum...

It would do almost nothing, because the only reason someone would hide their stats is because they're not very good/terrible which while not having access to the true numbers is still an indication that you're insecure about your stats. Plus you can still view another player's personal rating which can still be used as an indicator as to the kind of player you are. My advice would be to either ignore or report if you're being harassed, but hiding stats will not stop someone from checking your service record after the game in the garage provided they're actually that upset about it. It's a good tool that people should really use to gauge how effective they need to play in order to bring out the win.

Hobbe #166 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:28

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 8092 battles

Good players rarely get yelled at. A good player can greatly improve their team's performance. resulting in better stats.

Bad players greatly diminish their team's performance, resulting in poor stats. They also tend to get yelled at.

If YOU are getting yelled at, odds are you're not a good player, and your stats will indicate that.

In any case, rather than [edited]about rude people, consider what they are saying.

If you try to follow advice (even if poorly delivered), you have a better chance of becoming a good player and having higher stats.

latvius #167 Posted Apr 23 2019 - 21:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33198 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostHobbe, on Apr 23 2019 - 21:28, said:

Good players rarely get yelled at. A good player can greatly improve their team's performance. resulting in better stats.

Bad players greatly diminish their team's performance, resulting in poor stats. They also tend to get yelled at.

If YOU are getting yelled at, odds are you're not a good player, and your stats will indicate that.

In any case, rather than [edited]about rude people, consider what they are saying.

If you try to follow advice (even if poorly delivered), you have a better chance of becoming a good player and having higher stats.

I so don't agree with this, and as much as I hate to respond to a thread started 5 years ago I am.

The better I get the MORE I have hatemail, players expect you to do what they think is what a "good" player should do.  Nobody expects a tomato to do anything but be a tomato.

My 30K+ experience tells you DON'T listen to those dumb dumbs, 25K of my games was listening to ingame players on what to do and where to go and my win rate was 51-53 with a downward trend.  If you want to get better watch youtubers like Skill4ltu, Taugrim and a little Lemming Rush.

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #168 Posted Apr 24 2019 - 22:52

Captain

• Players
  • 28148 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

I cant believe this posting is still going. Anyways why don't you just turn the chat off??? You can turn off chat to everybody except your friends list. I don't use xvm but I do like to see peoples stats and my own. My stats keep going up and I like to see myself improving. Usually when my team gets slaughtered it is because of terrible match making. One team gets better players and better tanks, but usually all you need is a couple good players to win. That is not always true because some peeps just rush in and get killed, and there is not much you can do when its is 10 v 2.

sleeper_agent #169 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 14:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 29190 battles

It's not right to stat shame. It's easy to get caught up in the game though. I think it's safe to say we have all messaged or thought to message someone a comment about their poor play. 

That guy that suicides at the start of the battle as top tier, the heavy that fires HE all game at everything, including the rocks, the scout that hides or thinks hes a heavy etc. When after a game like that you check on someone's stats and see they are a 45%er, how can you not get upset and consider messaging some comment or another. I mean good for you that don't (rare as it is), but you surely must think about it...lol.

dunniteowl #170 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 15:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 30716 battles

View Postsleeper_agent, on Apr 25 2019 - 07:06, said:

It's not right to stat shame. It's easy to get caught up in the game though. I think it's safe to say we have all messaged or thought to message someone a comment about their poor play. 

That guy that suicides at the start of the battle as top tier, the heavy that fires HE all game at everything, including the rocks, the scout that hides or thinks hes a heavy etc. When after a game like that you check on someone's stats and see they are a 45%er, how can you not get upset and consider messaging some comment or another. I mean good for you that don't (rare as it is), but you surely must think about it...lol.

I take a different view, though agree to the 'consider messaging some comment or another.'  My view is, when I see a player perform as you describe, then check their profile after a match and find what you mention, I feel COMPELLED to offer them a link to The WoT Welcome Package (version 1).

I do not get mad when someone is so obviously unable to play the game competently.  Instead, I feel like, "Geez, this guy really IS clueless, maybe all they need is to know where to find the information that will help them be a more knowledgeable player."

So I usually take a moment to compose a message similar to this:

Hey there!  I noticed you seemed to be struggling in that last match.  I took a look at your profile and decided that, based on your stats, you could benefit from this: 

I then hit a carriage return.  Then I paste the URL of the WoT Welcome Package into the chat box and hit carriage return again.

Then I say:

I put this together from all the stuff I found that helped me play better.  I hope it is something you will use and hope that it helps!  GL, HF & HSYBF!  o7

Hit carriage return and that's it.

Now of course, I did put that stuff together, though I DID NOT CREATE IT!!  In the case of anyone else wanting to emulate being helpful instead of insulting, you can say, something like:

This was put together to Help New and Struggling Players better understand the game.  Hope you find it useful!

Whenever I find players who did really poorly in a match and their WR is sub 48% and their stats indicate that they simply do not understand the game's mechanics, then I have chosen to believe that all they really need is a handy set of links to allow them to 'take the reins' into their own hands with knowledge linked in the WWP.

I have yet to be insulted in any way for sending this and have, in fact, added five (now) new Friends on my list of In-Game Friends for sending it.

I have offered in this thread way earlier in the middle pages that:  Your Stats are YOUR stats, meant for YOU to understand where you are weak and strong according to the game measured metrics.  They are ONLY for you to learn those strengths and weaknesses so that you can act on them to improve your game performance IF YOU WISH TO DO SO.

There is no other valid reason to examine those stats.  If one's intent is to embarrass, humiliate, demean or insult another THEN YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!  That holds true whether you're looking at your stats (as a method of bragging or superiority) or the stats of another (stat shaming or bullying).  The ONLY valid use of a gamer's stats is in order to Assist Them to Be a Better Player.  Just like the stats that would be collected on you if you were on a league baseball, wrestling, tennis, soccer, chess or gaming team of any sort.

We Gamers are not in such great supply that we can afford to be mean to each other without cause.  We should Value each other as much as possible and help when necessary.

Yes, there are folks out there who earn the scorn and derision of others.  Bear that in mind: That scorn and derision is EARNED.  You don't offer it up before that occurs and Poor Play is NOT one of the markers of earning that level of ire.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Mister_Avnas #171 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 17:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11988 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-

lol i suggested buffing E50M engine so people said i was 'bad spreading bad', because i think ramming in a tank with like 80 tonnes of weight is a no brainer.

bevust #172 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 19:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 32799 battles
  • [HARMD] HARMD

WG and the Elite clans  make this game TOXIC

Mister_Avnas #173 Posted Apr 25 2019 - 19:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11988 battles
  • [-TSO-] -TSO-

View Postbevust, on Apr 25 2019 - 18:50, said:

WG and the Elite clans  make this game TOXIC

and pretty boring, the guys who were trying to downtalk to me just now seem to all play stationary camping matches where they sit only exposing angled armor all game. very boring people 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #174 Posted Apr 28 2019 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostWhosMans, on Apr 22 2019 - 23:59, said:

It would do almost nothing, because the only reason someone would hide their stats is because they're not very good/terrible which while not having access to the true numbers is still an indication that you're insecure about your stats. Plus you can still view another player's personal rating which can still be used as an indicator as to the kind of player you are. My advice would be to either ignore or report if you're being harassed, but hiding stats will not stop someone from checking your service record after the game in the garage provided they're actually that upset about it. It's a good tool that people should really use to gauge how effective they need to play in order to bring out the win.

^..Well, I have to respectfully disagree with that.

*Have you ever heard of XVM sniping..? On that note, I'm sure there are a lot of really great and well skilled players out there that would also LOVE to have the ability to block their stats in-game, to avoid the XVM sniping and focused fire. Because we all know that being able to quickly locate and identify the best players on the enemy team, and focusing fire on them, and knocking them out early on, is a great strategy to winning each battle.

View PostMister_Avnas, on Apr 25 2019 - 13:53, said:

and pretty boring, the guys who were trying to downtalk to me just now seem to all play stationary camping matches where they sit only exposing angled armor all game. very boring people 

^..Interesting observation.

That's actually one of the main reasons why I don't even want to play higher tier battles anymore. I have absolutely no desire to sit and watch both teams dig in and camp the whole game, while I get blasted into oblivion while at least attempting to poke out and spot. Yep, sadly...'serb forbid' I even show one millimeter of my front fender while playing with these high tier campers. Nope, that's Boooooring! with a capital B.

Honestly, give me a good ole' fashioned tier 5 or 6 battle, where the action is fast, the brawling is furious, and the fun never ends! Seriously. Bring back Mittengard!!!! ....:izmena:

Iron_Soul_Stealer #175 Posted May 06 2019 - 02:11

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostIronbutt2015, on Apr 21 2019 - 18:26, said:

Yes it does make XVM a cheat.  Just because Wargaming is to worried about offending entitled players to list it does not make it right.  

Being able to see if the guy/gal highlighted around the corner has 10 games or 100 thousand, is red or purple tells you a awful lot about the enemy and what to expect.  You should NOT have any idea if the enemy you are about to face is going to be hard or easy to fight.  The other crap XVM does is nothing compared to this option.

Example - "Oh look my XVM cheat mod tells me I am facing Pee Wee Herman I will just drive right out and zerg him" vs "Crap my XVM cheat mod tells me I that is Chuck Norris rounding the hill - run away"

^..Yep, I agree. And I believe they call that the Fog-of-War.

NeatoMan #176 Posted May 06 2019 - 02:51

Major

• Players
  • 28180 battles
So I see you've taken to spamming the forums with a bunch of necro's.  Did something crawl up your butt today?

Iron_Soul_Stealer #177 Posted May 06 2019 - 03:43

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostMister_Avnas, on Apr 25 2019 - 13:53, said:

^..Dude, don't worry about them. I get that all the time. Whether it's insults, stat-shaming, berating and toxic comments, personal attacks, you name it, they will sling it. Just put them on your ignore list, and move forward. It's all you can do. They'll never change.

View Postlatvius, on Apr 23 2019 - 15:40, said:

I so don't agree with this, and as much as I hate to respond to a thread started 5 years ago I am.

The better I get the MORE I have hatemail, players expect you to do what they think is what a "good" player should do.  Nobody expects a tomato to do anything but be a tomato.

My 30K+ experience tells you DON'T listen to those dumb dumbs, 25K of my games was listening to ingame players on what to do and where to go and my win rate was 51-53 with a downward trend.  If you want to get better watch youtubers like Skill4ltu, Taugrim and a little Lemming Rush.

View PostHarvester_0f_Sorrow, on Apr 24 2019 - 16:52, said:

I cant believe this posting is still going. Anyways why don't you just turn the chat off??? You can turn off chat to everybody except your friends list. I don't use xvm but I do like to see peoples stats and my own. My stats keep going up and I like to see myself improving. Usually when my team gets slaughtered it is because of terrible match making. One team gets better players and better tanks, but usually all you need is a couple good players to win. That is not always true because some peeps just rush in and get killed, and there is not much you can do when its is 10 v 2.

^..And yet again, I would never classify this as 'necroing' for the following reasons:

-This topic is still extremely relevant to this day

-We are not permitted to make new threads on already existing topics

-Ask yourself if stat-shaming/stat-bullying is still an ongoing issue/problem here? YES..obviously.

-Has the issue been resolved..?  Obviously not.

*That is why this thread is still on the front page news....even after all this time.

Caketime #178 Posted May 06 2019 - 04:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2064 battles
  • [-H-H] -H-H

I'm going to drop these wise words from wise men here. We're all in this together, we should start acting like it.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #179 Posted May 28 2019 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostCaketime, on May 05 2019 - 22:18, said:

I'm going to drop these wise words from wise men here. We're all in this together, we should start acting like it.

^..In an ideal forum world, that would be great if we were all excellent to each other. However, being respectful and civilized to one another seems to be the exception to the rule, here, and not the norm...sadly. Anyway, party on Dude.

Crazy_Russian_Tanker_42 #180 Posted May 29 2019 - 19:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 2837 battles

The most important step to over coming this is do not get mad and trash talk them back. Cause if you don't, they can't claim that you verbally harassed them. The next time someone stat bullies you again, just reply back to them with something like, "What gain is there for you by talking like that?" and see what they say. If they continue, say some along the lines of, "Have you ever taken lessons that imply courteous behavior?" And if they are a stubborn idiotic person who doesn't know how to even function without slamming someone into the ground verbally, say "You know, there is this really interesting and handy button called 'Blacklist'. I'm just going to press it now, so goodbye!!" and blacklist them immediately.

Also once your win rate gets to 50.00% or higher, you will literally earn an invisible title that makes practically everyone respect you more. Sure, there will be a couple of salty idiots who will sneak in, but the amount of such encounters will plummet drastically.

I too experienced times like this and know exactly what you feel, so just know that you have a large amount of players that can and will support you.

Edited by Crazy_Russian_Tanker_42, May 29 2019 - 19:42.

Also tagged with Stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users