• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Raidr_ #21 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 17:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21445 battles
  • [BULLS] BULLS

View Postsock307, on Jan 24 2014 - 11:14, said:

So I've played this game awhile, and although I'm not too good, I do enjoy it. Very frustrating though to get a message after a battle from someone telling me I suck and that I'm a noob because of my stats. I know this (insults from other players) happens in every game out there but it would be nice to hide my stats to the public, so that only I know I suck and don't have to be reminded by some of the better players out there haha. 

I'll never convo someone after a game and simply tell them their stats are bad and they suck. I will only convo someone if they do something so horrible that it needs to be pointed out so they never do it again. I'm pretty sure you're getting messages after the game based on your individual performance in that battle and NOT because of your overall stats. The overall stats might just solidify their opinion of you based on the poor performance.

I suggest you watch your own replays and figure out what you might have done wrong and how you can do better next time. If you ignore it like people above are suggesting you might never improve. Take the shit you're getting from them now, improve, and kick their faces in later.

LOVESOCK307 #22 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 18:03

Private

• Players
  • 6280 battles

View PostPuzzled_Cheeze, on Jan 24 2014 - 17:27, said:

welcome to the internet

yes, this is the internet as I know it haha

View PostRumbleghost, on Jan 24 2014 - 17:32, said:

1)Just tune out the haters.  Don't respond to them.  Learn not to even think about it.

2)Check the Wiki articles about how camo and line of sight work in game.

3)Turn auto-aim off and learn to aim for components of tanks, not just centre of mass.

4)In the 25 seconds before the match starts, look at what tanks are out there and spend a couple seconds thinking about what role your tank is best able to perform in helping your team win.

5)Don't play any match solo.  Look around you during startup.  Find a tank that looks like it will work well with yours, and stick with him.  This is your fire-team buddy.  Watch his back, aim at what he aims at, if you can't pen it then track it for him, take hints off of how he plays.  You will find your own scores climbing even if you're helping a baddie.

6)Get on youtube and watch the RedHat videos.  Get together with someone and try those things out.

I will look up the RedHat videos, thanks for that.

View PostBarnsBroadside, on Jan 24 2014 - 17:32, said:

This is good advice^

I took a look at your tanks played and see that you ground straight up to the tier X leopard with the bare minimum games played on preceding tanks.  For comparison, I have about twice the number of battles as you, and I just got my 1st tier 9 not long ago. 

I will look into this more, thanks!

Lapdog1 #23 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 18:08

Major

• Players
  • 7150 battles
Just understand that the stat bullies actually suck at life. LOL and move on.

ezking #24 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 18:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9017 battles

not that its right, or that I would ever partake in it, but people get frustrated.

Just like it bothers you that these people harass others because of their stats, lowering that persons enjoyment of the game.

Players that play very badly(usually stat reflected) can completely ruin a match, lowering the enjoyment of the game for the person who became frustrated.

its a circle that goes round n round, just ignore them, or drop down in tiers until your stats become more like the majority of your team.

Usually for someone to get singled out like this after a game, you have to have done something directly to that person in game, and lots of the time players getting the message arent even aware of the fact that they blocked or revealed a teammate completely destroying him.  While these types of messages dont inform the player of this, so they accomplish nothing.

Guest_Dukebarry_* #25 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 19:02

After 3600 games you have the stats of a bot.

That means you have a fundamental flaw in your game play. I dont know if you afk a lot or suicide rush or just shoot HE all the time. That being said no one is going to bully you if you make an effort in game. But if you play the way your stats indicate that YOU CAUSE your team to lose!

WOT is a team game and when 1 player causes his team to lose he should expect to be called out on it.

I see players like you all the time but they mostly have less than 1000 games. 

There are a ton of resources to help you improve. You can choose to use them and get better or ignore them and get called out for dragging your teams down.

Rude_Awakening #26 Posted Jan 24 2014 - 22:12

Sergeant

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 20588 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostDukebarry, on Jan 24 2014 - 19:02, said:

After 3600 games you have the stats of a bot.

That means you have a fundamental flaw in your game play. I dont know if you afk a lot or suicide rush or just shoot HE all the time. That being said no one is going to bully you if you make an effort in game. But if you play the way your stats indicate that YOU CAUSE your team to lose!

WOT is a team game and when 1 player causes his team to lose he should expect to be called out on it.

I see players like you all the time but they mostly have less than 1000 games. 

There are a ton of resources to help you improve. You can choose to use them and get better or ignore them and get called out for dragging your teams down.

Agreed.

How can you have 200+ battles in a tier 10 and have a 38 win % in that tank. I mean that is TRULY very impressive. I don't know if many people can do that if they tried.

Or even better a 32 win % in an Indian Panzer after 150 battles in it. Can you post a few replays of your games in those tanks, cause those numbers baffle me.

Edited by Rude_Awakening, Jan 24 2014 - 22:14.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #27 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 00:42

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postsock307, on Jan 24 2014 - 11:14, said:

So I've played this game awhile, and although I'm not too good, I do enjoy it. Very frustrating though to get a message after a battle from someone telling me I suck and that I'm a noob because of my stats. I know this (insults from other players) happens in every game out there but it would be nice to hide my stats to the public, so that only I know I suck and don't have to be reminded by some of the better players out there haha. 

Hey OP .....it happens,

But if these guys are following you into your garage, and sending you 'hate-mail' via the chat system...report them to support {and take screenshots of the nasty chat}...don't just ignore them.

This is harassment, and cyber-bullying, and you don't have to take it!

Remember: report+Ignore=success

*And most importantly, NEVER respond to their taunts, or insults. Just do the above^. That should take care of them. If there's one thing that Wargaming dislikes...it's guys taking their crap-chat to other guys garages. I know we see a lot of crap/insult slinging etc. 'in-game', however, it's NOT cool to follow someone home {to their garage}  and do it there too. That's just creepy...:playing:...as well as blatant cyber-stalking.

Happy Battles OP,  *~* and don't let those idiots grind you down. :honoring:

MakesQuickyBabyProud #28 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 02:50

Captain

• Players
  • 19462 battles
  • [PING] PING

View Postsock307, on Jan 24 2014 - 08:14, said:

First things first, you have to realize that this is the internet a vast and mostly unmoderated "haven" where people can be anyone they want and say anything they want. If you have such a thin skin that you cannot take something some nobody said to you on the internet you need to get off, for good. 

Now onto your stats, OP you are bad, very bad. This is the root of these kinds of comments. People don't like seeing someone on their team with poor stats. It usually drags their "morale" down. 

Granted we all start somewhere, some players are better then others when they start and some are so bad people think they are bots. Nothing wrong with having bad stats, as long as you are constantly trying to learn and get better and the game. If you work on learning and improving people will stop making these comments (To an extent). 

Also about you wanting to "Hide your stats", well that's nice and all, but all it would show is that you are truly a terrible player ashamed of their stats. 

Go read some of Lert's guides about WoT. He is a huge presence on this forum, and has written some awesome guides for players of all skill levels. 

Anyway in the end OP, ignore it and constantly try to improve at tanking. If you do that, the comments stop.

DangYankee #29 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 02:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11541 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jan 25 2014 - 00:42, said:

Hey OP .....it happens,

But if these guys are following you into your garage, and sending you 'hate-mail' via the chat system...report them to support {and take screenshots of the nasty chat}...don't just ignore them.

*And most importantly, NEVER respond to their taunts, or insults. Just do the above^. That should take care of them. If there's one thing that Wargaming dislikes...it's guys taking their crap-chat to other guys garages.

I know we see a lot of crap/insult slinging etc. 'in-game', however, it's NOT cool to follow someone home {to their garage}  and do it there too. That's just creepy...:playing:...as well as blatant cyber-stalking.

Happy Battles OP,  *~* and don't let those idiots "grind" you down. :honoring:

-ISS

This is good advice OP, dont get mad or waste your time responding back. Just take a screenshot and submit a ticket.... maybe after they get this done to them a few times and get their 1-2 day play bans they might learn and stop being azzhats, then again maybe not :izmena:

MakesQuickyBabyProud #30 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 03:06

Captain

• Players
  • 19462 battles
  • [PING] PING

View PostDangYankee, on Jan 24 2014 - 17:59, said:

This is good advice OP, dont get mad or waste your time responding back. Just take a screenshot and submit a ticket.... maybe after they get this done to them a few times and get their 1-2 day play bans they might learn and stop being azzhats, then again maybe not :izmena:

it wont stop people. The best thing to do is grow a thick skin and stop being such a child. Might sound mean, but it's true. 

If you can't handle what some nobody on the internet says about you and your pixel tanks, how will you EVER take anything in real life, without resorting to crying to mommy or whoever. 

The_Environment #31 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 03:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13423 battles
Another thread about this.  I really think a sub forum should be created,  it can be moderated by MEDIC, and people can have soothing words whispered to them until they calm down.  Its the internet, ignore them, and/or get better.  Its really as simple as that

Lumina #32 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 03:26

Major

• Players
  • 8092 battles
I do pretty good at times for a primarily scout player, and I still get harassed by people when I do poorly.   Some people are just so outrageous on their behavior it isn't funny. 

The_Environment #33 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 04:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13423 battles

View PostRude_Awakening, on Jan 24 2014 - 15:12, said:

Agreed.

How can you have 200+ battles in a tier 10 and have a 38 win % in that tank. I mean that is TRULY very impressive. I don't know if many people can do that if they tried.

Or even better a 32 win % in an Indian Panzer after 150 battles in it. Can you post a few replays of your games in those tanks, cause those numbers baffle me.

He could just reroll I guess eh Rude

American_Ace_96 #34 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 05:01

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10849 battles

View PostDockmaster, on Jan 24 2014 - 11:29, said:

This is a great way to start your "Ignore List".

Any person who would take the time and go out of their way to message anyone negatively after a game is an ASSHAT anyways.

^ this

I already have 20+ on it because of WRs and It goes up by 1 or 2 a month.

faustwire #35 Posted Jan 25 2014 - 16:39

Private

• Players
  • 1112 battles

I know how you feel. I use to play on the Xbox and because I was in my 60's I am slow to react. A lot of people forget this is a "game" and should be fun, the take it too serious, I would like to start a tank platoon or company but I doubt I could get anyone to join me because I am not that good either.

faustwire

Jerry Barr

Frogstar_B #36 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 00:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7053 battles

View PostRumbleghost, on Jan 24 2014 - 12:32, said:

5)Don't play any match solo.  Look around you during startup.  Find a tank that looks like it will work well with yours, and stick with him.  This is your fire-team buddy.  Watch his back, aim at what he aims at, if you can't pen it then track it for him, take hints off of how he plays.  You will find your own scores climbing even if you're helping a baddie.

I understand where you're coming from, and I would agree with you, except when this happens it often leads to lemming trains. I wish that this advice was more followable, but sadly this would cause too many lemming trains.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #37 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 00:42

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jan 24 2014 - 18:42, said:

Hey OP .....it happens,

*And most importantly, NEVER respond to their taunts, or insults. Just do the above^. That should take care of them. If there's one thing that Wargaming dislikes...it's guys taking their crap-chat to other guys garages.

I know we see a lot of crap/insult slinging etc. 'in-game', however, it's NOT cool to follow someone home {to their garage}  and do it there too. That's just creepy...:playing:...as well as blatant cyber-stalking.

Happy Battles OP,  *~* and don't let those idiots "grind" you down. :honoring:

View PostDangYankee, on Jan 24 2014 - 20:59, said:

Thanks Dude^...

...and remember OP, reporting/submitting a support ticket does work, but it only works if you do it consistently. Don't worry so much about the 'in-game' crap/insults/etc.   ...that, unfortunately, may never change.

However,  If guys are taking this crap to your garage, via the 'PM chat system'....don't hesitate to report them....and remember to take screenshots as proof. Support will need them.

Oh ya, ...and don't listen to these 'other' guys{< bullies} here, ITT, who keep saying: "get thicker skin"...< These are probably the same guys that are doing this crap^ in the first place....and now they're scared of getting 'chat banned', or worse...

NOT cool guys....not cool. :facepalm:

Frogstar_B #38 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 00:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7053 battles

View PostDukebarry, on Jan 24 2014 - 14:02, said:

But if you play the way your stats indicate that YOU CAUSE your team to lose!

Just so you know, in a 15-on-15 match, no single person can lose the match for an entire team of 15. It's completely idiotic to claim, "This guy was AFK, and it cost our team the whole game!"

Remember, this is a team game, so losing-like winning-is a team effort. :trollface:

Iron_Soul_Stealer #39 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 01:45

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostFrogstar_B, on Jan 25 2014 - 18:55, said:

Just so you know, in a 15-on-15 match, no single person can lose the match for an entire team of 15. It's completely idiotic to claim, "This guy was AFK, and it cost our team the whole game!"

Remember, this is a team game, so losing-like winning-is a team effort. :trollface:

Excellent points there Dude^...Excellent! :great:...and I couldn't agree more.

Guest_Dukebarry_* #40 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 02:31

View PostFrogstar_B, on Jan 25 2014 - 18:55, said:

Well I respect your opinion and would agree that at some level you are correct.

But answer me this question. How can a single player {with a decent amount of games} have a win rate below a bot?????

If your win rate is lower that if you just parked on your cap, then you are an active deterrent to victory.

Also tagged with Stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users