• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Thannos #41 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 06:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35839 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jan 25 2014 - 17:42, said:

Thanks Dude^...

...and remember OP, reporting/submitting a support ticket does work, but it only works if you do it consistently. Don't worry so much about the 'in-game' crap/insults/etc.   ...that, unfortunately, may never change.

However,  If guys are taking this crap to your garage, via the 'PM chat system'....don't hesitate to report them....and remember to take screenshots as proof. Support will need them.

Oh ya, ...and don't listen to these 'other' guys{< bullies} here, ITT, who keep saying: "get thicker skin"...< These are probably the same guys that are doing this crap^ in the first place....and now they're scared of getting 'chat banned', or worse...

NOT cool guys....not cool. :facepalm:

-ISS

Right- stats don't matter. Just like they don’t matter in MLB, NFL, NBA or any other sport. Batting average, ERA, Free Throw %, completion rates, yards per game, etc... all of those stats are meaningless. That is the argument of bad players, not anyone with a brain. Stats paint a picture, a picture of your overall skill level in the game. The biggest whiners are usually those with bad stats.

_mack_ #42 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 11:18

Major

• Players
  • 74511 battles
  • [5D] 5D

usually the ones bashing others are kids that play only certain tanks to pad their stats, they worry about their stats greatly making them feel like they are a better person somehow.

and thanos, this is not about whether the stats matter it is the type people that want to bash others is his point i believe.

Edited by _mack_, Jan 26 2014 - 11:21.

Tolos #43 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 11:22

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

Christ I'm so SICK of people using the word Bully so freely. 

If someone says " Your stats suck " that isn't bullying FFS, that is just someone either A telling the truth or B just frustrated, just ignore it and move on. 

Guest_Dukebarry_* #44 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 21:25

Stats are simply a record of your past performance. If your stats suck that is simply a record of your poor or pathetic play.

WOT is a team game but unlike most team sports you don't get to pick your teammates.

When your a good player and you get stuck on a team full of horrible players you get pissed off. 

I find that the stat deniers are way more bitchy then the xvm users.

It is more common for bad players to start off a game bitching about XVM than it is for good players to complain about bad ones.  

Capt_Fuzzy #45 Posted Jan 26 2014 - 23:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 5183 battles

View PostJudZuechler, on Jan 24 2014 - 11:17, said:

if you suck and are a noob, expect to be informed of it. if you would like not to be informed of it, dont suck and be a noob.

Wow!! You must be one of the "stat bullies" that he was referring to, to make a statement like that...

It's just my opinion, but attitudes like this are what keep this game from being even more fun than it already is. :veryhappy:

Halvata #46 Posted Jan 27 2014 - 00:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12914 battles
If someone calls me bad, I just give them a smile, it seems to put them off a bit. 

Frogstar_B #47 Posted Jan 31 2014 - 19:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7053 battles

View PostDukebarry, on Jan 25 2014 - 21:31, said:

Well I respect your opinion and would agree that at some level you are correct.

But answer me this question. How can a single player {with a decent amount of games} have a win rate below a bot?????

If your win rate is lower that if you just parked on your cap, then you are an active deterrent to victory.

Well, yes, that's true. But I must draw the line at "deterrent".

Iron_Soul_Stealer #48 Posted Jan 31 2014 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View PostThannos, on Jan 26 2014 - 00:36, said:

Right- stats don't matter. Just like they don’t matter in MLB, NFL, NBA or any other sport. Batting average, ERA, Free Throw %, completion rates, yards per game, etc... all of those stats are meaningless. That is the argument of bad players, not anyone with a brain. Stats paint a picture, a picture of your overall skill level in the game. The biggest whiners are usually those with bad stats.

This^ post...has absolutely nothing to do with what I originally posted. Is this guy^ just following me around looking for things to complain about..? :amazed:..sorry dude..still not following this^..Try to stay On-Topic here....

I was clearly referring to, and giving advice on what to do if someone follows you to your garage and starts insulting & harassing you. I didn't even mention stats in my post...maybe you should try reading it again...

from the beginning this time. Here it is:

Spoiler

^ like I said...not sure what your quote is referring to ?....try taking a 'deep breath', and read my post again....from the beginning this time....:facepalm:...and please try to stay on topic.

ezking #49 Posted Jan 31 2014 - 20:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9017 battles

View Postfaustwire, on Jan 25 2014 - 07:39, said:

I know how you feel. I use to play on the Xbox and because I was in my 60's I am slow to react. A lot of people forget this is a "game" and should be fun, the take it too serious, I would like to start a tank platoon or company but I doubt I could get anyone to join me because I am not that good either.

faustwire

Jerry Barr

Actually, for players that are into the whole improvement thing, there are mentors around that aren't very hard to find.  Veteran players, with amazing stats, usually capable of carrying a game by themselves, that will pick up a lesser player as their third wheel and do training sessions.

It's all free, and they take no compensation, its an amazing way to improve.

When I see some of the players I recognize as mentors in platoons with lower statted people, I generally try to avoid targeting them unless they are posing a serious threat to my teammates, sometimes I even let them get off by only dinging them once and amply waiting for them to reposition before I continue.  Just my little way of trying to encourage it, no handicaps for the mentors though ;P they are usually too much of a threat to my team themselves.

Klank #50 Posted Jan 31 2014 - 20:43

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 3240 battles
  • [ARBNE] ARBNE

I find such people whom the OP was referring to as not even worthy of sniffing the ass sweat soaked seat of my tank commander... and I enjoy telling them that.

I don't care about stats and I don't care about them.

Edited by Klank, Jan 31 2014 - 20:44.

GeorgePatton_86 #51 Posted Apr 04 2014 - 05:24

Private

• Players
  • 10537 battles

View PostSirD3rpsAlot, on Jan 24 2014 - 18:17, said:

if you suck and are a noob, expect to be informed of it. if you would like not to be informed of it, dont suck and be a noob.

Why waste your time [edited]at your teammate's stats though? Can't you just play the game?

c911darkwolf #52 Posted Apr 04 2014 - 22:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6138 battles

+1 to hiding stats...

No one cares that my WN8 avg has gone up over 100pts in the last 30 days, or that i'm showing improvement, or that i'm still leveling up tanks and playing some at times that are not fully upgraded yet.

Just gives trolls fodder to throw back in your face so why have them displayed?

Guest_Dukebarry_* #53 Posted Apr 05 2014 - 22:08

Why does every thread come down to Im a bad player and they keep picking on me.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #54 Posted Apr 05 2014 - 22:48

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postc911darkwolf, on Apr 04 2014 - 17:09, said:

+1 to hiding stats...

No one cares that my WN8 avg has gone up over 100pts in the last 30 days, or that i'm showing improvement, or that i'm still leveling up tanks and playing some at times that are not fully upgraded yet.

Very good points^, Dude....and I was wondering that myself....

{although I don't think the xvm'ers here would like that idea of players being able to hide their stats....would you guys..? :glasses:}

View PostDukebarry, on Apr 05 2014 - 17:08, said:

Why does every thread come down to Im a bad player and they keep picking on me.

:amazed:Ummm.....

probably because it happens a lot....especially around here.    ....Although I hear it's even worse at 'wotlabs'...

aswitz87 #55 Posted Apr 06 2014 - 03:47

Major

• Players
  • 5921 battles

View Postc911darkwolf, on Apr 04 2014 - 17:09, said:

+1 to hiding stats...

Unfortunately, hiding stats is not the answer.  Because trolls will still troll.

And considering your battle count, your stats are fine for now.  Just keep working at playing well.

chief0milo #56 Posted Apr 06 2014 - 18:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 18151 battles

View PostFrogstar_B, on Jan 26 2014 - 01:55, said:

Just so you know, in a 15-on-15 match, no single person can lose the match for an entire team of 15. It's completely idiotic to claim, "This guy was AFK, and it cost our team the whole game!"

Remember, this is a team game, so losing-like winning-is a team effort. :trollface:

You are right, no single person can lose the team a game, but it is amazing just how much difference 1 single person can make to winning the game. Im only average. I get crap games, I get great games. It averages out for me. But sometimes when I've done a bloody good game and see a couple of people just ploddin around literally staring at the sky not really bothering, its bloody annoying.

Some people forget that as much as this is your enjoyment, it is also everyone elses enjoyment on the same team as yours. If you wan't to enjoy a game without getting trolled for whatever reason, go play an offline game. If you want to play a game where you interact with other people on a team, by all means have your fun, but at least do your utmost best to learn how to improve in the very least.

I feel that it is my responsibility to accept the fact other people want to have fun as well, and therefore, have to do my utmost best to try and win. Losing *can* be fun if you had a good battle. But to lose because of pure incompetence just isn't fun.

I'm not saying you have pure incompetence, all i am saying is as long as I see someone putting effort in, Ill be happy to lose on the team that person is on because nothing more *could* have been done. There is also the factor of rng to make a winning team or losing team.

I've frequently seen a 40%er putting in a bloody good effort and save my [edited]enough times, where a 60%er would just steamroll straight into dying adding nothing into the team apart from making everyone else have to work a hell lot harder.

Ive had my fair share of being bitched at, it happens. Often I find I ended up doing better than the person [edited] did. I also admit, I have also messaged people after the game. Only for the fact they bitched at me constantly for some slight mistake which cost me my own tanks life but to find out for all their [edited], they still did worse.

The strange thing I don't get is... You have the power to ignore it if you so wish!

As someone else has already said...

Report+ignore=Win

*edit*

Forgot to say... There are also other factors which will rile people up into taking their frustration out when other times they woudln't. For example, instantly after this, I logged on. First game, i did 3.8k dmg, half the team did 1k, the other half did either below or 0dmg, obvious loss. The second game, my computer dropped connection. I managed to get back on about 2 minutes after, to find I was dead at the bottom of a cliff. Third game, in my 1390 in a match with T10s, an amx12t on our side had platooned with a kv1s and a jagd pz IV. All 3 had problems, got me peed off right away. There are other factors that will annoy people without having to deal with someone not playing to an 'average' level of competence, which will frequently be the cherry on someones anger cake.

Edited by chief0milo, Apr 06 2014 - 19:03.

Gashnal #57 Posted Apr 07 2014 - 05:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 18999 battles

View PostTrailer_Tank_Boy, on Jan 24 2014 - 18:30, said:

This is true, these stat thumpers are the most idiot lot there are.  ALL is defined by stats, they are completely nothing people without them.  Look at the troll I quoted first.  Spoken like the truest representative of the 'stat' community there is.  PURE [edited]from first character to last.  Ignore them OP, they're LITTLE little people and this is ALL they have to make them feel good about themselves.  Computer game gods.  Woot.

Stats tell a story about a players skill level.  They mean, up until this moment this is how you have faired overall.  the best advice I can give, Man-up people talk trash.
I spent the first 2500 game  of my time in light tanks pulling about a 46% w/r even now at over 7000 games where my average w/r in a 24 hour period is >60% im still floating just over 53% I went through the same thing.  so I can say suck it up and talk to good players on how to be better and people will stop bothering you. but don't blame people for making assumptions about your skill based on your stats they happen to be true and they do mean something. I am not defending people who message you after the battle there just being jerks. Im simply saying anyone who tells you stats don't matter have bad stats and want to invalidate them, I know I used to be one of them.

hndrcks #58 Posted Apr 07 2014 - 16:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20658 battles
  • [EGGS] EGGS

View PostFrogstar_B, on Jan 25 2014 - 19:40, said:

I understand where you're coming from, and I would agree with you, except when this happens it often leads to lemming trains. I wish that this advice was more followable, but sadly this would cause too many lemming trains.

Better players avoid this - it's why they are better. If they see a lemming train forming they change tactics and go / do something else. My rule: deciding "I will go to location XX" at the start of the match and driving there regardless of circumstances is just as bad as sitting on the cap idle. 

Iron_Soul_Stealer #59 Posted Apr 07 2014 - 16:28

Major

• Players
  • 3183 battles

View Postaswitz87, on Apr 05 2014 - 22:47, said:

Unfortunately, hiding stats is not the answer.  Because trolls will still troll.

And considering your battle count, your stats are fine for now.  Just keep working at playing well.

I respectfully disagree^.

I think being able to hide/block your stats from public view IS the answer, but like I said... I don't think the xvm'ers here would like that idea, because it would render their mod useless.

Just curious, but you're not an xvm'er..are you..? { if you are, that would explain your vested interest in keeping stats public....just say'in....}

*But I do agree, that even then, the "trolls will still troll", but at least they won't be able to stat-bash other players 'in-game', and that would make a huge difference in improving the quality of my gaming experience...

.....and many others here would agree. Besides, people are getting sick and tired of all the stat-bashing/ stat-bullying in this game...AND in this forum...

aswitz87 #60 Posted Apr 07 2014 - 16:53

Major

• Players
  • 5921 battles

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Apr 07 2014 - 11:28, said:

I respectfully disagree^.

I think being able to hide/block your stats from public view IS the answer, but like I said... I don't think the xvm'ers here would like that idea, because it would render their mod useless.

Just curious, but you're not an xvm'er..are you..? { if you are, that would explain your vested interest in keeping stats public....just say'in....}

*But I do agree, that even then, the "trolls will still troll", but at least they won't be able to stat-bash other players 'in-game', and that would make a huge difference in improving the quality of my gaming experience...

.....and many others here would agree. Besides, people are getting sick and tired of all the stat-bashing/ stat-bullying in this game...AND in this forum...

1) nothing wrong with xvm if you use it for it's intended purpose.  You don't ban the hammer because someone misuses it.

2) trolls stat bash without it, as evidenced when they make up numbers all the time.

3) I use xvm to get a general idea on the reliability of someone's advice or the chance that if I give advice they will listen.  Otherwise it's just pretty colors to me.  And I never comment on stats in game.  On the forums, only if it directly relates to a comment made by the individual.

4) blocking stats would not make xvm useless.  The current ones are stored on their server and a program could be run to collect recent stats pretty easily using folks who run the mod.  I have yet to play a match where someone did not seem to be running it.  So collecting the data would likely be decently reliable even if WG did not report the stats freely.

Honestly, WG need to take one of two stances.

Stat bashing is acceptable, and allow us to take our fun else wares 

Stat bashing is unacceptable and ban those who do it (temps to start with).

Though as usual we will have to wait years to get a response.

Also tagged with Stats

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users