US M6 Heavy tank

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

a1fox3 #1 Posted Apr 08 2011 - 18:25

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 32548 battles
  • [CXT] CXT
On the desert map on the east side where normaly the top tanks go to slug it out there was a SU-85 and another tank I am not moving and can not see them untill they shot then i can see them and shot 1 shot and they go away again there is no bushes inbetween us it is open space and we have a scout over there close (in the same square) to them but no scout near me,to me it seems like there is a bug on the US M6 heavy,
no tank should be able to disapare when they are in the open and no bushes between them. :Smile-hiding:

spambung #2 Posted Apr 08 2011 - 18:33

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16847 battles
  • [BUNG] BUNG
Visibility is affected by whether you are moving or not as well as firing.  He must have had better view range (could be from binocs) and saw you before you saw him.  You were in his range but he wasn't in yours.  However when he fired, he lost one of his bonuses that hid him.  You saw him and as long as he didn't fire again, he would disappear in about 3 seconds.

The detection system needs work and is currently getting worked on.  I agree about tanks should not disappear in the open after you see them.  Maybe have the bonus they lost stay until they can become invisible without it.  Seems like that would allow them to run or get behind enough bushes to still be able to hide again, but still stop tanks disappearing in the middle of an open field.

amazingronaldo #3 Posted Apr 08 2011 - 18:42

Captain

• Players
  • 14935 battles
  • [IA] IA
I have seen tanks of all sorts disappear while moving in a straight line toward me or generally getting closer to me. Then they reappear several meters away from where I last saw them, still moving in the same direction I had seen before. I have seen other enemies and allies in other spots of the map at the same time and not lost my sight of those tanks, just the one moving tank, so I know it couldn't have been something on my end like lag or something.

a1fox3 #4 Posted Apr 08 2011 - 18:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 32548 battles
  • [CXT] CXT

View Postspambung, on Apr 08 2011 - 18:33, said:

Visibility is affected by whether you are moving or not as well as firing.  He must have had better view range (could be from binocs) and saw you before you saw him.  You were in his range but he wasn't in yours.  However when he fired, he lost one of his bonuses that hid him.  You saw him and as long as he didn't fire again, he would disappear in about 3 seconds.

The detection system needs work and is currently getting worked on.  I agree about tanks should not disappear in the open after you see them.  Maybe have the bonus they lost stay until they can become invisible without it.  Seems like that would allow them to run or get behind enough bushes to still be able to hide again, but still stop tanks disappearing in the middle of an open field.
If you read my post we had a scout in the same square with them and there was no scout near me in a 5 square around me. SU-85 has a 320 view range and at most he could have with bynocks is 395 and i have 400.

spambung #5 Posted Apr 08 2011 - 19:07

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16847 battles
  • [BUNG] BUNG
I'm not defending the detection system.. just saying how it works atm.

SU-85 can see 395 with binocs.  M6 you said had 400.  Heavy tanks get no hide bonus.  While TDs get the biggest.  I don't know what it is but lets say 5%.  Plus if he wasn't moving its more.  But we don't even need that to show the point.

If you were both sitting still, he spots you at 395m while you spot him at 380m (400m - 5%).

As far as your scout, that guy could have been on the other side of a dune 50m away and you scout will never see him.  Also, there could have been a tank with 500m view range slightly behind the SU-85 that saw you and you never saw him.  There are a lot of variables.

All I am saying is that it is possible.  Still good that you said something so they can check it out, but it is possible.

As far as the tank the other poster said that disappeared and reappeared mid field (most likely Malinovka), this is possible that another tanks spotted it for a second then hid.  The enemy disappears.  After that you or another teammate spot him and he reappears.

I agree that it isn't right, but that is how the system is atm.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users