[Insult removed.]

~GM/Mod Teams

schaghticokekid #102 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:36

Captain

• Players
  • 8381 battles
  • [NET] NET

View Postxthetenth, on Jan 28 2014 - 01:32, said:

We respond to your responses. If you had decided to respond to arguments rather than tone, this would be a further elaboration on our position and evidence and why it indicates that yours are faulty. Instead you repeated the arguments we'd already countered and made an argument from fallacy. Hence the impromptu logic lesson. (I don't trust Jeeps to be thorough on such topics, and it'll be vitally important if you take history classes at a decent level to understand how good reasoning and evidential standards work)

Fined. *****. It's late, I'm tired, and have classes in the morning.

You win. The M4 Sherman is the tank that got America to Berlin... wait... let's try that again...

The M4 Sherman is the best tank ever. There; No ambiguity. Straight forward and to the point. America always has and always will build the best tanks in the world, and everyone needs to know it.

gg team! USA! USA! USA!

That's the last time I ever speak bad about an American vehicle. Now excuse me while I get the ***************

[content moderated - inappropriate language]
~GM/Mod Team

Krieger_07b #103 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:39

Captain

• Players
  • 12782 battles

Inappropriate  image.

~Moderation Team

Mechanize #104 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 1428 battles

View Postschaghticokekid, on Jan 27 2014 - 23:36, said:

Fined. *****. It's late, I'm tired, and have classes in the morning.

You win. The M4 Sherman is the tank that got America to Berlin... wait... let's try that again...

The M4 Sherman is the best tank ever. There; No ambiguity. Straight forward and to the point. America always has and always will build the best tanks in the world, and everyone needs to know it.

gg team! USA! USA! USA!

That's the last time I ever speak bad about an American vehicle. Now excuse me while I get the ***************

Ah, the poor know nothing retard goes out on spergfest instead of being able to admit when he's wrong.

Poor baby. =(

xthetenth #105 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14695 battles
  • [SEAMN] SEAMN
  • The M4 sherman burned easily because it had a gasoline engine
    • Counterpoint: The M4 only burned on 10% of penetrating hits when fitted with wet ammo racks compared to 80% of the time when without showing the main source of fire was from ammunition propellant, the German competition maintained sponson ammo racks that made the ammunition more vulnerable to hits (the dry sherman fitted those as well, they were relocated) and consequent propellant fires. Regarding gasoline, the German tanks had bad seals that did lead to a good number of gasoline fires even outside combat and even if fuel fires resulting for hits were a major issue the Germans used a more flammible lower octane gasoline that would burn more readily (only the Soviets and US Marines used Diesel tanks). Therefore the Sherman was comparatively quite safe compared to competing tanks.

I forget the other points. Any counterpoints to this?

schaghticokekid #106 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:40

Captain

• Players
  • 8381 battles
  • [NET] NET

View PostMechanize, on Jan 28 2014 - 01:39, said:

Ah, the poor know nothing retard goes out on spergfest instead of being able to admit when he's wrong.

No, I admitted I was wrong. Hell, I admitted it all over that post. 

You guys win. You have wow'd me with your unsurpassed knowledge of everything sherman. Never again will I dare sully the name of the best thing to come out of America since freedom.

Edited by schaghticokekid, Jan 28 2014 - 07:42.

Jeeps_Guns_Tanks #107 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16990 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View Postschaghticokekid, on Jan 27 2014 - 22:36, said:

gg team! USA! USA! USA!

That's the last time I ever speak bad about an American vehicle. Now excuse me while I get the ***************

Wow, that was a mature reaction to people trying to help you be less ignorant. 

And we don't want you to parrot anything, that's what you are already doing; we'd like you to learn something of value from a good source. Your current sources are garbage. 

xthetenth #108 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14695 battles
  • [SEAMN] SEAMN

View Postschaghticokekid, on Jan 28 2014 - 01:36, said:

gg team! USA! USA! USA!

Umm, M2 Medium vs. basically any other tank. M48 vs. T-55. T-64 vs. basically anything in the world but the M60 in particular. None of these comparisons go well for the US tank.

Also, I'd seriously appreciate it if you argued against our posts, it helps everyone learn. After all, the point of the hypothesis and the antithesis is not that either is right, it's that the synthesis can be right. I learned a lot about tanks when I and other people look things up and post about them.

Priory_of_Sion #109 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:44

Major

• Players
  • 14866 battles

View Postschaghticokekid, on Jan 28 2014 - 01:40, said:

You guys win. You have wow'd me with your unsurpassed knowledge of everything sherman. Never again will I dare sully the name of the best thing to come out of America since freedom.

You really do like to change subjects. This started when you went all "gasoline fires! death traps! melting crews!". You got called out on that nonsense which is easily debunked if you have ever heard a real history of the M4. You then go on a temper tantrum like a toddler. 

schaghticokekid #110 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:45

Captain

• Players
  • 8381 battles
  • [NET] NET

View PostJeeps_Guns_Tanks, on Jan 28 2014 - 01:42, said:

Wow, that was a mature reaction to people trying to help you be less ignorant. 

And we don't want you to parrot anything, that's what you are already doing; we'd like you to learn something of value from a good source. Your current sources are garbage. 

I've conceded. You've beaten me. You've won the gold at the special olympics. I know when to give up; namely about the same time this isn't so fun anymore and I get tired. 

I will say that you know more about the topic at hand, and my argument was broken. Nobody said I'd make it easy though.

Also, for the purpose of maintaining accuracy, my sources are not garbage. Garbage actually exists. 

Edited by schaghticokekid, Jan 28 2014 - 07:47.

Krieger_07b #111 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:45

Captain

• Players
  • 12782 battles

View Postschaghticokekid, on Jan 28 2014 - 00:40, said:

Nobody here has any great love of the Sherman. Instead, they have a vehement hatred of false information being parroted for the 100,000,000,000th time. Quit it with the persecution complex. You posted something dumb, and got called out for it. It happens all the time, but only the "special" ones throw a hissy fit like you did.

Jeeps_Guns_Tanks #112 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:45

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16990 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View Postschaghticokekid, on Jan 27 2014 - 22:40, said:

You're more having a temper tantrum than admitting anything. Sorry bro, someone had to tell you. So sixth grade?

ChiefKim #113 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:46

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11503 battles
  • [SALTY] SALTY

View PostZinegata, on Jan 28 2014 - 08:14, said:

The Italian and Japanese tanks are only awful if you don't take into account that their industry for making tanks was almost non-existent to begin with.

There may be something I'm missing, but surely if those two countries could make battleships and cruisers, they could make tanks with the same resources? Dockyards can't make tanks, but they sure could've used the steel and labour.

Jeeps_Guns_Tanks #114 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:48

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16990 battles
  • [C-BOO] C-BOO

View Postschaghticokekid, on Jan 27 2014 - 22:45, said:

I've conceded. You've beaten me. You've won the gold at the special olympics.

Also, for the purpose of maintaining accuracy, my sources are not garbage. Garbage actually exists. 

This type of thing only makes you look worse guy. These people have been more than nice to you. They are trying to engage you, all they are asking is for you to calm down and try and explain why you posted what you did. 

Me on the other hand, I like poking people with a stick and watching them twitch. 

poke poke poke

xthetenth #115 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14695 battles
  • [SEAMN] SEAMN

View PostChiefKim, on Jan 28 2014 - 01:46, said:

There may be something I'm missing, but surely if those two countries could make battleships and cruisers, they could make tanks with the same resources? Dockyards can't make tanks, but they sure could've used the steel and labour.

High energy density by volume and mass powerplants are tricky to come by if you don't have good automotive or if you're crazy like a fox aeronautical engines, and neither had great powerplants or sources of good transmissions or any of the other things that make a well armed and protected tank possible.

Also guy whose name is too long for me to remember long enough to type, the best way to shut folks like jeeps is to have a calm debate if one's offered because then they start losing ammo.

schaghticokekid #116 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:53

Captain

• Players
  • 8381 battles
  • [NET] NET

View PostJeeps_Guns_Tanks, on Jan 28 2014 - 01:45, said:

You're more having a temper tantrum than admitting anything. Sorry bro, someone had to tell you. So sixth grade?

Actually a freshman in college, so detestably lower on the maturity scale.

Look I'm cooled down here. I've said I'm sorry, done my "Hail Mary"s. I've admitted I was wrong. Most of it was because of this:

View PostJeeps_Guns_Tanks, on Jan 28 2014 - 01:48, said:

Me on the other hand, I like poking people with a stick and watching them twitch. 

poke poke poke

Admittedly, the only way to survive around here. 

It's been fun, but at this point I've really stopped caring. Right or wrong (from the looks of it, wrong)

I've learned a valuable lesson: Without my ilk you lot would have no fun and you know it.

I'm glad to have played my part.

Edited by schaghticokekid, Jan 28 2014 - 07:53.

Krieger_07b #117 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:55

Captain

• Players
  • 12782 battles

View PostChiefKim, on Jan 28 2014 - 00:46, said:

Simply put, boats are a lot easier to design than tanks. You have a lot more space to put stuff, weight is less of an issue, and the ocean is a lot easier to move across than land, and has a lot less variables.

There's also the fact that both could pass off shipbuilding as defense spending, since both countries were more at risk of a sea attack than any land attack. Even if you're an expantionist empire or a fascist dictatorship, you still need to save face internationally, and it's quite difficult for two island nations (one real and one that might as well be) to justify tank production to their neighbors.

Edited by Krieger_07b, Jan 28 2014 - 07:58.

ChiefKim #118 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:55

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 11503 battles
  • [SALTY] SALTY

View Postxthetenth, on Jan 28 2014 - 08:49, said:

High energy density by volume and mass powerplants are tricky to come by if you don't have good automotive or if you're crazy like a fox aeronautical engines, and neither had great powerplants or sources of good transmissions or any of the other things that make a well armed and protected tank possible.

Also guy whose name is too long for me to remember long enough to type, the best way to shut folks like jeeps is to have a calm debate if one's offered because then they start losing ammo.

We can make 70,000 tonne battleships with 18 inch guns and 26 inches of armour! (not particularly good armour though) But we can't make a decent medium tank! Can't blame them I suppose, they are a group of islands after all.

Edited by ChiefKim, Jan 28 2014 - 07:57.

Primelaw #119 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20856 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY
I enjoy threads like this. I get to see the wehraboo's defend their precious german tanks, and I get to learn neat real things about tanks!

Krieger_07b #120 Posted Jan 28 2014 - 07:58

Captain

• Players
  • 12782 battles
hurf durf doublepoast

Edited by Krieger_07b, Jan 28 2014 - 07:58.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users