Jump to content


Publish Team Killers Names


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

_Tazz_ #1 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 14:14

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 36413 battles
  • 39
  • [CDN_T] CDN_T
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Recently I brought up a topic about team killers out and out killing there team mates, and learned a lot in the mean time about the automated system we have in place etc... which is great don't get me wrong, in this particular case this person spreads out the team kills about a week apart so the automatic system doesn't catch him, so why not publish there names for everyone to see? Eg: Like being convicted for drinking and driving and having your name in the paper. and have it as a probation period that there name is on there for a month or that an icon appears by there name in game so other people can see, yes I know they turn blue but after a few battles this changes back.or even make it a number by there name so it shows how many team kills they have actually done 

DaRaikage #2 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 14:23

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14949 battles
  • 162
  • [R0B0T] R0B0T
  • Member since:
    07-12-2013
With the level to which name shaming is not allowed on the forums, I doubt this could ever come to place. I'd like to see the TK'ers punished, don't get me wrong, but I don't see this happening.

Donald_Rumsfeld #3 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 14:26

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 16916 battles
  • 1,440
  • [DTC1] DTC1
  • Member since:
    11-09-2010

Because W.G. loves the team killers too. After all some do buy gold and premium services along with tanks. Also a few might be related to W.G. employees or are W.G. employees. We couldn't have those being punished or exposed for breaking rules, now could we?

 

:sceptic:

 

Edit:

 

In closed beta they use to publish rule breakers names and reasons along with punishment. It did work really well for a time. I'm guessing its more about the numbers then anything else though but ya never know with W.G.


Edited by Donald_Rumsfeld, Jan 29 2014 - 14:29.


11ethan2000 #4 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 14:27

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21968 battles
  • 169
  • [5GTD] 5GTD
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012
But what if you have a bad 3 weeks and TK 4 guys that run into your fire

CelticArchangel #5 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 14:28

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14276 battles
  • 1,469
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

Personally, I like that idea. When you spend money and good leisure time on a game that means something to you, nothing ruins it more than people platooning up and tk-ing each other, which queues non-platoon members to in turn TK them and start a fight under the guise "For the lolz". :sceptic:

A little public humiliation may work.


...SADLY, I don't see this happening, plus, you'd get the trolls that would make it their lifes work to be on that list. 



Katukov #6 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 14:32

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 70996 battles
  • 3,286
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    11-27-2010
Imho, we are all team kill periodically by accident.

dwaindwarf #7 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 14:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 31639 battles
  • 2,250
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011
Given the litigious nature of the USA, WG probably couldn't afford to publish the names of people who break the rules. :popcorn:

I_Robot #8 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 14:41

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 46338 battles
  • 707
  • [ELLAS] ELLAS
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

I understand that, the way the automated system works, it's easy to get away with occasional team killing, especially if you are a good player. But justice doesn't work perfectly in the real world and there is no way it will work perfectly in a computer game. And even if it worked, naming someone for an offence would just be my words against his and nothing more. If I have proof (screenshots/replay) I would send it to the judges (in this case Support) and let them handle it.

 

View PostDonald_Rumsfeld, on Jan 29 2014 - 14:26, said:

Because W.G. loves the team killers too. After all some do buy gold and premium services along with tanks. Also a few might be related to W.G. employees or are W.G. employees. We couldn't have those being punished or exposed for breaking rules, now could we?

 

WG makes millions of $ and taking the limited risk of losing a tiny percent of players to keep the player base clean is nothing to them. I say "limited" because people that have invested lots of money and time in the game will not leave because of one day bans. 



PoodlePatrol #9 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 14:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 17547 battles
  • 2,225
  • [GOT1] GOT1
  • Member since:
    07-26-2012

View PostCelticArchangel, on Jan 29 2014 - 05:28, said:

Personally, I like that idea. When you spend money and good leisure time on a game that means something to you, nothing ruins it more than people platooning up and tk-ing each other, which queues non-platoon members to in turn TK them and start a fight under the guise "For the lolz". :sceptic:

A little public humiliation may work.


...SADLY, I don't see this happening, plus, you'd get the trolls that would make it their lifes work to be on that list.

 Agreed- I think there is a certain percentage of the community that would make it their mission to be on that list. I guess I look at it like this: if you are the type of person that team kills for the lolz, I rather doubt a bit of public shaming and naming is going to make much of an impression/deterrent



ChumCreature #10 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 14:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 17301 battles
  • 4,557
  • Member since:
    12-13-2012
People think team killing is horrible. But it's not THAT bad. They just need to make the compensation as much as the fine. I mean seriously you get 200 HP taken off by a teammate and you get maybe 1k in return. Not enough for repairs...

BarnsBroadside #11 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 15:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 18568 battles
  • 4,451
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013

You seriously are worried about someone who "spreads out the team kills about a week apart so the automatic system doesn't catch him?"

 

That sounds like some sort of serial killer conspiracy.  One team kill a week is probably the norm for someone that plays a lot and doesn't intentionally team kill.  Accidents do happen.

 

Also, as someone who doesn't intentionally team kill, I like to have that clean history available on those rare occasions when some idiot really needs to be shot.



Nekony #12 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 15:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 11383 battles
  • 919
  • [DAFOX] DAFOX
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013

View PostChumCreature, on Jan 29 2014 - 08:45, said:

People think team killing is horrible. But it's not THAT bad. They just need to make the compensation as much as the fine. I mean seriously you get 200 HP taken off by a teammate and you get maybe 1k in return. Not enough for repairs...

 

It wouldn't be a good idea to make receiving team damage more profitable, it would lead to players exploiting by creating situations where they take team damage for the sole purpose of griefing. They would cause a team player to loose credits and experience, by jumping into their line of fire, with little to no loss to their own bottom line.

 

There really isn't a good "catch all" way to deal with team damage.

  • Remove damage from shot if hits green tank = Players could then grief by shot blocking.
  • Remove hit box from green tank = Pack of TD's hiding behind a mobile shield Maus, killing enemy tanks by shooting through the Maus.
  • Increase penalty for team damage greatly = Legit players using HE types of ammo suffer greatly due to splash. Players getting "blue" by bumping traffic in start area.
  • Auto-blue for any team damage = More and more "5 seconds into match and 25%+ of your team is dead/blue"

 

The current system, for all it's flaws, is so far the best system.

 

The only suggestion I can think of that may help the current system;

Add some more "intelligence" to the damage detection, so it can figure out accident vs intentional with some accuracy and apply the penalty based off that.

Such as:

  • Red tank in you sight, shot goes short and hits green tank = accident, lower penalty.
  • No red tank in your sight, only green = intentional, higher penalty.


Blaze_terror #13 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 15:56

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14406 battles
  • 1,250
  • Member since:
    05-17-2013
alway send in ticket with replay. it works. i just dont know how many times before wg kicks said player for good. it would be nice if 3 strikes your out.  if replay shows kills being on purpose. cause some of these worms teamkill for fun. get these players out of this game please wg.

I_MISSED #14 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 15:58

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 2160 battles
  • 357
  • Member since:
    09-28-2013

because you can delete you ** bad ** TK points with Good ** damage ** points,,,

 

learn more about the auto mated system,,

Its not the same as that ** other ** games system

 

Fyi.. system has Flaws that can be manipulated for the good



mathghamain #15 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 16:18

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24607 battles
  • 158
  • Member since:
    05-17-2012
Not all TK are bad I killed a team mate that had damaged me and other players on the team. Not the first time not the last, although I will in future try not to kill, just hurt real bad. I was banned for 24 hours and blue for the next 3 battles in which I was killed in 1 of them because I was blue. It was a righteous kill and have no regrets. I am not an evil player and should not be put in same class as a TROlLL.

JohnDoeTank #16 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 18:40

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 47667 battles
  • 464
  • Member since:
    12-19-2011

blue tank should be blue on ALL TANKS in next three battles.

 

TKers have to do "a lot" to get blue, not just happen to hit someone by chance.

 

I recall one time doing massive damage on a team mate's tank and not going blue, because I do not shoot team mates and when it happens it actually is an accident.

 

Make the blue tanks blue for next three battles and many will stop simply because they do not have that "clean slate" to mess with people five minutes after screwing their team over.



Hellhathfury #17 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 19:02

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23651 battles
  • 900
  • [ONSLT] ONSLT
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostNekony, on Jan 29 2014 - 06:28, said:

 

It wouldn't be a good idea to make receiving team damage more profitable, it would lead to players exploiting by creating situations where they take team damage for the sole purpose of griefing. They would cause a team player to loose credits and experience, by jumping into their line of fire, with little to no loss to their own bottom line.

 

There really isn't a good "catch all" way to deal with team damage.

  • Remove damage from shot if hits green tank = Players could then grief by shot blocking.
  • Remove hit box from green tank = Pack of TD's hiding behind a mobile shield Maus, killing enemy tanks by shooting through the Maus.
  • Increase penalty for team damage greatly = Legit players using HE types of ammo suffer greatly due to splash. Players getting "blue" by bumping traffic in start area.
  • Auto-blue for any team damage = More and more "5 seconds into match and 25%+ of your team is dead/blue"

 

The current system, for all it's flaws, is so far the best system.

 

The only suggestion I can think of that may help the current system;

Add some more "intelligence" to the damage detection, so it can figure out accident vs intentional with some accuracy and apply the penalty based off that.

Such as:

  • Red tank in you sight, shot goes short and hits green tank = accident, lower penalty.
  • No red tank in your sight, only green = intentional, higher penalty.

 

Best idea is to just turn off stupid team damage in the first place. I honestly don't care if this option is "unrealistic" or not. This game isn't even realistic in the first place.



BarnsBroadside #18 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 19:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 18568 battles
  • 4,451
  • Member since:
    07-13-2013

View PostHellhathfury, on Jan 29 2014 - 13:02, said:

 

Best idea is to just turn off stupid team damage in the first place. I honestly don't care if this option is "unrealistic" or not. This game isn't even realistic in the first place.


Heck no.  This is a team game.  Every shooter type team game I ever played that didn't have friendly fire damage just turned into everyone shooting at everything that moves with no effort to work as a team.  I would rather occasionally get damaged by team mate than play a game that is totally dumbed down for the incapables.

 

 



Colddawg #19 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 19:45

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 45839 battles
  • 3,917
  • [ICON-] ICON-
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010
personally, i feel they should name everyone who kills them self in battle via drowning

Hellhathfury #20 Posted Jan 29 2014 - 20:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23651 battles
  • 900
  • [ONSLT] ONSLT
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View PostBarnsBroadside, on Jan 29 2014 - 10:39, said:


Heck no.  This is a team game.  Every shooter type team game I ever played that didn't have friendly fire damage just turned into everyone shooting at everything that moves with no effort to work as a team.  I would rather occasionally get damaged by team mate than play a game that is totally dumbed down for the incapables.

 

 

 

 

You're exaggerating, honestly.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users