FIX: Critical Error An unhandled exception is occured. The application will be restarted

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

winsrp #1 Posted Jan 30 2014 - 00:08

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles

For those having an error when lauching WOTLauncher.exe that states

"Critical Error An unhandled exception is occured. The application will be restarted"

In an infinite loop, here is the root cause:

The torrent application in the WOTLaucher needs the Internet Explorer Settings. This error happens if you have uninstalled the IE explorer from the windows features. You can double check by going

1. going to the control panel, and then trying to open the internet options (when clicking this, nothing opens)

2. to the control panel ->"program and features" -> "turn windows feature on or off" -> "Internet explorer #", this must be checked

After re-enabling the Internet Explorer, restart your computer and run windows update, and install all the updates for the Internet explorer (install version 10, or 11 as needed)

After all this, restart your computer again and then run the WOTLauncher.

Enjoy

RAF_Recovery #2 Posted Jan 30 2014 - 00:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
WOT tanks has issues with IE 11. Not just with the launcher but in the Profile section as well. I tried repeatedly to change my password but it wouldn't let me after I clicked save nothing happened. I also tried to update my signature on the forum but after clicking OK nothing would happen. Also non of the advanced control work when posting. My work around was to use chrome which I loath but it got the job done. I let the WG guys know and they said they would pass it on to the tech guys. My question is this, why wasn't this tested on IE11 before? Weak sauce to not be compatible with the most popular browser on the planet.  And before anyone gets their panties in a wad I always run my PC fully updated browser OS, drivers ETC