Graphics Issues

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

SiberianExpress #1 Posted Apr 10 2011 - 01:28

Wargaming America

• -Players-
  • 7572 battles
Report graphics issues here

Please make sure to describe in as much detail as possible the circumstances of the problem, as well as (if you consider it important) under which circumstances it does not occur. Posting screenshots, or video attached to your description would be most helpful.

Before posting any problems please make sure you have the latest video drivers:
AMD     Nvidia

When posting here please include your system specs, including:
  • Operating System Windows 7 32bit
  • CPU AMD Athlon 2.8Ghz
  • GPU ATI Radeon HD 5770
  • Memory 4GB
And anything else you think may be useful for diagnosing the problem, like if you experienced the problem in windowed mode, as opposed to full screen.

Known possible problems and solutions:
We have managed to decrease the frequency of "red-texture" issue. Below is a temporarily solution to the problem since the patch that is supposed to fix it once and for all is in development at the moment. - Overlord

Possible solution:
32-bit XP/Vista/W7 turn on 3Gb switch here and here

64-bit W7 solution by Voth
Spoiler                     

This can happen because of overheating (notebooks suffer from it mostly). In this case drivers would automatically decrease the performance of the system. Monitor your notebooks temps.

Don't launch any resource-intensive applications, games etc that load the system substantially.

For Graphics Issues for version 0.6.4 please refer to this thread: http://forum.worldof...raphics-issues/

123zorn #2 Posted Apr 12 2011 - 15:27

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 62547 battles
  • [2BTR] 2BTR
I know that u do not yet publically support SLI, but I will list an SLI issue.

In SLI, on full screen 2560x1600, color shifting (green and some read) and tearing of video happens every single time.  When I use the system in windowed mode, this does not happen.

Operating System Windows 7 64-bit
CPU i950 3.07ghz
GPU Palit 560ti SLI 2GB
Memory 6GB

nanomonkey2002 #3 Posted Apr 13 2011 - 07:50

Private

• Players
  • 4466 battles
  • [1OTR] 1OTR
Seem to have a problem seeing the water doesn't seem to render?

I7 920
6gb Ram
GTX 275 SLI
Windows 7 64bit

I have re-installed the client

I have clear the config files

Still same result

18/4/11

Upgraded my graphics card
gtx 590

i have also downloaded the beta nvidia driver

But still no water

Attached Files

• Attached File   worldoftanks 2011-04-13 16-44-09-07.jpg   296.57K

xamdam #4 Posted Apr 15 2011 - 10:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 6537 battles
Operating System Windows 7 64bit

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz

GPU GeForce GTX260

Memory 8GB

I'm having two problems. First, random graphic freezes (no pattern, but restarting the game every few matches seems to prolong their occurance). The only way to get out is to hit ctrl+alt+delete, cancel the Windows 7 screen that comes up. This gives me a black screen (in the game) where I can then hit alt+tab to the desktop and alt+tab back into the game with everything working... I'm getting pretty good at that as it happens often.

Second problem. I get a black screen when fully zoomed in with sniper mode if I'm near any objects or aiming from a hull down position. In other words, if the ground, a building or another tank is near the aiming point I get the black screen and have to zoom out to clear it. Sometimes that works, sometimes it goes black again as soon as I zoom back in...

I'm suspecting some kind of Flash issue. I have the latest Flash Player updates if that matters. Video Drivers are current and my system is otherwise fully up to date. This does not happen in any other game, many of which are far more graphic intense.

Sorry, no screen shots. Just think "black screen"...

Suphafly #5 Posted Apr 16 2011 - 13:33

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
CPU: AMD 1090T 6 Core 3,2GHz ( 3,6GHz turbo )
GPU: AMD 6950 1Gig
RAM: 8Gigs

Even tho i have lowered everything and no AA i still have FPS drops. Its normally when i drive but also occurs if too many tanks is around me when i "snipe". Once in a while it does a drop when i pan out to look around.

Best Regards Shaxxy

Gasaraki_ #6 Posted Apr 16 2011 - 18:26

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4081 battles
  • [-I-I-] -I-I-
I would like to report a problem

CPU Intel Core i7 @3.6GHZ

GPU GeForce GTX280

Memory 6GB

If you have a dual monitor setup, the game will crash the drivers and fall back to the desktop while you are in battle. I have tried the newest Microsoft certified nVidia drivers and the newest beta drivers. It happens in both cases.

The solution is to unplug the second monitor. Turning off the second monitor does not fix the issue.     :(

nanomonkey2002 #7 Posted Apr 16 2011 - 23:50

Private

• Players
  • 4466 battles
  • [1OTR] 1OTR
i wonder if the plan on letting ppl know that are looking into these problems

maceface #8 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 12:51

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 3958 battles
  • [-EC-] -EC-
operating system Windows Xp
AMD Athlon 7850 Dual-Core Processor@ 2.81GHz
3.5GB of Ram
ATI Raedon HD 4890 series

The ground turns red from "memory leak"

Jorno #9 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 13:42

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9534 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC
I have two problems too:

The first one is exactly the one xamdam describes, but i use windows vista 32bit:

I'm having two problems. First, random graphic freezes (no pattern, but restarting the game every few matches seems to prolong their occurance). The only way to get out is to hit ctrl+alt+delete, cancel the Windows 7 screen that comes up. This gives me a black screen (in the game) where I can then hit alt+tab to the desktop and alt+tab back into the game with everything working... I'm getting pretty good at that as it happens often.

The second is wrong textures in the game.

In the screenshots anexed, you can see a house texture in the place of the tank turrent and some giant trees that shouldn't be there (they are over the water)

My system specs:

Windows Vista 32bits
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
2x 2GB OCZ Gold DDR3 1333Mhz 9-9-9-20
Nvidia 9800GTX+ 512MB
Corsair 450VX

My GPU temperatures are around 50 ~52°C when playing and the cpu tempetarures stay around 46 ~ 48°C (Both CPU and GPU are using aftermarket cooling, but system isn't overclocked when i play WoT)

Attached Files

• Attached File   jpegworldoftanks 2011-04-16 22-41-29-38.jpg   208.58K
  • Attached File   jpegworldoftanks 2011-04-16 22-43-52-28.jpg   198.28K

LtAttack #10 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 18:00

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 9189 battles
•Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

•CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970 Processor

•GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

•Memory 8GB

It seems like when Advanced Post Processing is turned on water in game is not rendered.

I have tested this on 3 different computers and on all 3 when Advanced Post Processing is on, water is not rendered but when it is off it is rendered just fine.

The only thing in common on the 3 computers is that they all use Windows 7 64bit and they use NVIDIA GPU cards.

Hope this helps you find out the problem and fix

Heibges #11 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 18:06

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4518 battles
Once thus far, on Lakeville, I was in a Pz 4, I zoomed in and the game froze an went to a green screen.  Note this is not the GSOD, but a plain green screen.  I have played 1000 battles and never seen this before.

Dxdiag attached.

CPU: E8400 3.2 Dual
GPU: Nvidia GTX 260
Memory: 8gb

Attached Files

• Attached File   WoT_GSOD_DxDiag.txt   22.41K

Psychosm #12 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 03:15

Private

• Players
  • 342 battles
I am also having the same problem that Heibges is experiencing.  I regularly have a problem where the screen will blank out to a dark solid color (sometimes green, blue or black) when I zoom in to aim.  Usually for me it is a dark shade almost black with a tint of color.  The only solution to this is to restart my computer.  After the restart my system will come up with the same blank screen and has to power cycle to reset the video and restore normal function (i.e. it doesn't post directly after a hot boot).  I have tried both older drivers as well as the newest ones from NVIDIA with the same results.  I never had a problem during the early parts of open beta but it seemed to occur after one of the patches (not sure which sorry).  

CPU: E6850 3.0GHz
GPU: Nvidia GTX 260\
Memory: 4Gb

xamdam #13 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 10:22

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 6537 battles
I don't like this pattern forming with GTX 260 cards...  :blink:

METAL666nz #14 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 10:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6466 battles
must be an invidia thing, i have always been told they are not that great and 1 of my techy mates said that they have been having big issues. I have sent a link to this thread for him to look. I will post back with any feedback he gives

VonIndy #15 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 21:44

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 4289 battles
This sort of stuff keeps happening, and has only been happening since the game went live:

http://img.photobuck...es/shot_013.jpg

http://img.photobuck...es/shot_014.jpg

http://img.photobuck...es/shot_016.jpg

That, and the game just randomly closes during loading screens, and when I re-load it and jump into the map, some objects on the map don't load, most noticeably the sky. Doesn't matter if it's full screen, windowed or what. My settings haven't changed at all since Beta, but now the game has become really buggy in the graphics department. What changed?

Specs:
AMD Athalon 64 X2 Dual 5200+
4 gigs ram
XP 64 bit SP2
ATI Radeon 5670

Bezzell #16 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 21:44

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 31143 battles
  • [MRE] MRE

View Postxamdam, on Apr 15 2011 - 10:57, said:

GPU GeForce GTX260

Memory 8GB

Second problem. I get a black screen when fully zoomed in with sniper mode if I'm near any objects or aiming from a hull down position. In other words, if the ground, a building or another tank is near the aiming point I get the black screen and have to zoom out to clear it. Sometimes that works, sometimes it goes black again as soon as I zoom back in...

I'm suspecting some kind of Flash issue. I have the latest Flash Player updates if that matters. Video Drivers are current and my system is otherwise fully up to date. This does not happen in any other game, many of which are far more graphic intense.

Same EXACT problem.  Exactly.

Windows 7 64-bit
Core 2 Duo 6600 (50 Celsius at load)
8800 GTS 512 (50 Celsius at load)
4gb Ram
Latest nvidia drivers

nanomonkey2002 #17 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 02:15

Private

• Players
  • 4466 battles
  • [1OTR] 1OTR

View PostLtAttack, on Apr 17 2011 - 18:00, said:

•Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

•CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970 Processor

•GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

•Memory 8GB

It seems like when Advanced Post Processing is turned on water in game is not rendered.

I have tested this on 3 different computers and on all 3 when Advanced Post Processing is on, water is not rendered but when it is off it is rendered just fine.

The only thing in common on the 3 computers is that they all use Windows 7 64bit and they use NVIDIA GPU cards.

Hope this helps you find out the problem and fix

I turned advanced post processing off, water renders but i seem to have alot of random white dots/dashes show up in my tank modal , i will organise a screen shot of this in the course of the day

But as said it seems to be a random problem, but i agree it must be something with Nvidia combined with Win 7 64bit

xamdam #18 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 03:33

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 6537 battles

View Postnanomonkey2002, on Apr 19 2011 - 02:15, said:

I turned advanced post processing off, water renders but i seem to have alot of random white dots/dashes show up in my tank modal , i will organise a screen shot of this in the course of the day

But as said it seems to be a random problem, but i agree it must be something with Nvidia combined with Win 7 64bit

Does it look anything like this (see attachment)? This happened to me suddenly in my garage yesterday, fist time ever and started out like static until it covered the entire screen. Moving the mouse would kind of "reset" it a bit then it would grow again...

Exiting the game I noticed a bit remaining on my desktop (Windows 7 64B, Aero-enabled). Not as bad as that garage scene but still there. GPU temp was 36C, CPU 42C everything else fine... A cold reboot cured it.

Again, I don't have any problems with any other games. Black Ops and the older COD stuff runs fine, MOH Airborne, Flight sims, everything. I don't think it's related to my hardware (see specs in previous post) and while the random freezes happend pre-launch (though I didn't start really noticing them until one of the last patches prior to launch), I've never had this happen until now...

:blink:

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_177.jpg   274.77K

Waterboyeee #19 Posted Apr 20 2011 - 22:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 5342 battles

View Postxamdam, on Apr 15 2011 - 10:57, said:

GPU GeForce GTX260

Memory 8GB

I am having the same issues. I just rebuilt my old machine (SLI) since I was getting tired of playing on my laptop. It is unacceptable for them to consider this game "live" with these issues having been known in beta, not to mention the lack of SLI support.

Haggar #20 Posted Apr 21 2011 - 14:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40533 battles
  • [S-TOM] S-TOM
Yesterday I noticed a problem. Whenever I was in my Pz IV or Pz IV/V and I would go into gunner mode (Referred to as sniper mode) my FPS would drop to around 4 and it would load and fire really slow. I noticed it on my laptop and my desktop. So I am reasonably sure that its not my computers. Seemed there was a fix for this but don't remember where I saw it. I noticed the same problem on my M2, BT-2, and Pz 38 but not as consist or as extreme.

My laptop is a Gateway NV53A82u w/ AMD Phenom II Dual-Core N660 3.0GHz, 4GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, DVDRW, ATI Radeon HD 4250, 15.6" Display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It has been running the game fine since I got it Friday of last week, well until yesterday. I have to run the game in low settings but usually get 25 fps.

My desktop has a Athelon 2.0 GHz dual-core, 6GB DDR2 ram, 640GB HDD, and I have a ATI 4600 video card with 1GB ram. I have never had problems running the game with high settings at 27-35 fps until yesterday.

Anyone else having a problem? Anyone know a fix or have a suggestion?

Thanks.

I posted this here also so Wargaming could look at it.  I got a response to my topic that I will try later today.  Hopefully there is a universal fix to this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users