Consumables not permanently removed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

MrFusion #1 Posted Apr 11 2011 - 17:35

Private

• Players
  • 11707 battles
Hi.

I have an A-20 and I added the "Lend-lease oil" as a consumable.
On seeing that it had zero affect on my tank's speed, I removed it.

However, now every time I now select the A-20 tank from the garage and click the "Service" button, the Lend-Lease oil consumable returns!

Note - the Auto-resupply consumables check box is NOT checked.

I have to manually remove the lend-lease oil every time I use the tank - or I get charged the 5000 credits.

I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

Thanks.

Tyrson #2 Posted Apr 11 2011 - 17:47

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 16056 battles
  • [RTIDE] RTIDE
Ya the gas always shows up again. The quick fix is to buy a fire extinguisher. Then hit apply, close then go back in and take the fire extinguisher off.
A bit of a pain in the posterior, but it works.
Tyrson out.

MrFusion #3 Posted May 12 2011 - 17:37

Private

• Players
  • 11707 battles

View PostTyrson, on Apr 11 2011 - 17:47, said:

Ya the gas always shows up again. The quick fix is to buy a fire extinguisher. Then hit apply, close then go back in and take the fire extinguisher off.
A bit of a pain in the posterior, but it works.
Tyrson out.

You are right.

However, this bug is still present - and it's a major one. Why? Because it can cause people to unfairly have gold/credits removed if they don't notice it happening.

After experimenting further, the ever-returning consumable bug only seems to happen for the first consumable you put on a tank.

So in my case, the first consumable I added (since release) was the free rations/coke (this was the only consumable on the tank at the time). When, during servicing, I un-equipped the rations WITHOUT replacing it with another type of consumable, they always came back next service. Auto resupply consumables was NOT, I repeat, NOT checked!

So here is the full workaround that stops the self-returning consumables:

• In the service screen, REPLACE the always-present consumable with another consumable
  • Click accept to return to the garage
  • Return to the service screen and remove the new consumable you just added (send it to the stores) and leave a blank consumables list.
  • Click accept to return to the garage
  • Next time you enter the service screen, the consumables list is FINALLY empty.
My guess is that many people who regularly swap/add consumables will never notice this bug (as the act of replacing stops it happening). Only those of us who try to get rid of our first ever consumable and leave a clear list will be affected.

It would be good to know if the Devs are aware of this. It really does need fixing before disgruntled players start demanding gold refunds.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users