Game booster

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

sabbath23 #1 Posted Feb 07 2014 - 07:50

Private

• Players
  • 21765 battles

Hello fellow Tankers,

I do not know if anyone else has had this issue with Razor Game Booster or if anyone uses this tool or not. However this is more of a WARNING!!! for those who have not and are thinking about using it. 

My personal experience with "Razor Game Booster" to say the least is don`t download it!!!

I downloaded it onto the computer I used to play W.O.T.

I installed it, hit optimizer button etc.. so my computer would run at peak performance while playing W.O.T. after playing etc.. turned computer off to do other chores for the day. later that day went to turn computer on and this popped up     "NTLDR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL ALT DELETE TO RESTART" needless to say computer would only start up to this error message. mind you computer was up to date with all security updates etc.. through microsoft.  I have no restore disk for computer etc.. I was able to get into recovery screen only for it say that the recovery partition is incomplete.. After trying several online solutions for fixes to this error all of which did not work,  I gave up and now my computer is useless paper weight.

Now not realizing the game booster is what caused my first computer to crash, i installed W.O.T. on second computer so I could continue to play. Unfortunately after installing W.O.T. on second computer the launcher would start I would hit play, then white screen pops up and quickly goes away. so after trying several possible fixes from the W.O.T. forum and from around the web none worked. so I submit ticket to W.O.T., They suggested a few things that did not work as well as for me to try downloading "Razor Game Booster" so I did duh!!! and guess what? same thing happened to my second computer      "NTLDR IS MISSING PRESS CTRL ALT DELETE TO RESTART" lucky for me this time I have restore disks for the second computer. unfortunate tho is that i lost all things saved on computer because I could only do a FULL SYSTEM RESTORE in order for the computer to work right again. And now I can`t play W.O.T. because my system on my second computer does not support the game. even tho tech ticket guy told me that people play on less requirements than what I have on this computer. Go figure? But any how, this is just a WARNING!!! to those who have or are thinking about installing RAZOR GAME BOOSTER... even if W.O.T. techs suggest doing so..        

calidrifter #2 Posted Feb 07 2014 - 07:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 7623 battles
  • [ZN6] ZN6

would be nice to know what your system specs were. 

In my experience it worked fine and I had an old Dell XPS 400 running the game last year on an intel pentium d on windows xp with a gt510 and 2GB of memory. 

OneFinger_o7 #3 Posted Feb 07 2014 - 08:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7397 battles
  • [-RM-] -RM-

You have direct x on that system? If not the game will not run.

Download it from ms only. 

Lorack #4 Posted Feb 07 2014 - 08:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10424 battles
  • [MCBB] MCBB

I used to run Razer Game Booster an never experienced any problems. When using it and optimizing it for better performance with games, be careful with what you do because it can and will cause system instability and/or crashes, missing files, etc. 

(Don't know system specs since I'm not on my computer but its a Dell Inspiron M5100[?] series)

JeremyB0B #5 Posted Feb 07 2014 - 09:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8980 battles
  • [-VX-] -VX-

View PostOneFinger_o7, on Feb 07 2014 - 08:01, said:

You have direct x on that system? If not the game will not run.

Download it from ms only. 

^^^^ This a million times.

Make sure you install Direct X. Its not part of the installer package. I use DX9_2009_Aug

sceptor #6 Posted Feb 07 2014 - 09:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 5348 battles
  • [DUT] DUT
i am running razor game booster, also hit that button and i still run the game with it! never had a crash!

sabbath23 #7 Posted Feb 08 2014 - 05:19

Private

• Players
  • 21765 battles

I have an intel graphics chip driver on this computer which is not the computer that no longer works of course but is the one I cant play W.O.T. even tho the tech guy told me others play with computers that are well below the system requirements than mine.

Windows XP Home

I.E. 8 full Microsoft updates to include drivers etc..

downloaded & uninstalled the game numerous times just to have the launcher open to tell me I am running the current game client, I then hit play, screen opens up to a white screen like its going to start then quickly disapears. tried launching from the EXE. file in the games root folder and same thing. tried turning off pop up blocker anti virus etc.. to launch and same thing happens.

Intel® GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller

Driver Version:  6.14.10.4342
Operating System: Windows NT* 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Default Language: English
DirectX* Version: 9.0
Physical Memory: 1278 MB
Min. Graphics Memory: 1 MB
Max. Graphics Memory: 64 MB
Graphics Memory in use: 4 MB

Intel® Pentium® 4CPU 2.40 GHz  
Processor:  x86
Processor Speed: 2391 MHZ

Like I said it was just my bad luck with razor game booster and after running it on 2 different computers and have the same thing happen its the only thing that could have caused it for some reason or another. So more of a caution flag to others.    

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users