• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

Trevzor #1 Posted Feb 10 2014 - 23:05

Associate eSports Manager

• Administrator
  • 9256 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Tankers!

With the release of Patch 8.11 there will be a change in the Team Damage/Kill automatic moderation system. These changes are being made so that TD/TK will have more severe implications applied more quickly. The following is the general layout of our new system.

Reworked the team damage/ kill system:

General provisions:

• The team damage and team kill control system has become slightly more strict, while at the same time more factors are taken into account:  penalty points for particular kind of violations are not accumulated as quickly (i.e. the punishment has been mitigated).
  • The chance of account suspension increases with each consequent damaging of ally vehicles in one battle.
  • Damaging your platoon mates now counts towards your rating
  • Ramming allied tanks is also treated as foul play and an illegal action.
  • The accumulated penalty points can be forgiven when destroying the enemy vehicles in battles where the ally team won.
  • The term of first suspension has been reduced to one hour.

Improved the system of compensation to the subject of the offense:

• The repairs of vehicles of the damaged party are compensated.
  • Apart from the repairs cost, the offender additionally pays the affected party 10% from the repair’s total amount. 
  • The offender pays the affected party not only with credits received for the battle, but also with credits available on the account.

Serious infractions:

• If enemy base capture has been interrupted by an ally (either by ramming or by shooting.)
  • If modules on the ally tank have been damaged (with help of ramming or hitting with a shell.)
  • If the ally tank has been destroyed.

Less serious infractions (TK/TD rating will not increase as much):

• If an ally vehicle has been damaged accidentally while the player was aiming at the enemy tank.
  • If an ally vehicle has been accidentally damaged with splash from a high-explosive shell.
  • If after firing apart from damaging the enemy, the ally tank was damaged as well.

Keep in mind that you are not able to appeal the restrictions set by our Automatic TD/TK Moderation system. Vigilante justice is not an excuse for TD/TK. They must be served to their full extent.

See you on the battlefield!

TANKB0MB #2 Posted Apr 09 2014 - 02:17

Private

• Players
  • 9029 battles
  • [WFG] WFG
I won't be seeing you on the battlefield. I TK on the Karl gamemode, thinking it was all a joke, and got banned.

KnifeKnut #3 Posted Apr 09 2014 - 13:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 14305 battles

Unfortunately, as an automated system, it cannot take all factors into account! 

I called my position vaguely; my taking a firing position was implied by my being a Tank Destroyer. I was firing from that position on enemy tank. Allied tank continued to drive into my line of fire to foolishly ram the enemy tank, nearly destroying himself in the process, and was damaged by me for his final 20 hit points before I realized what he was doing and could check my fire.

The fines do not bother me much, but due to the circumstances, I am fairly sure that the vaguely described automated system will count this against me heavily.  
     I already have one team kill against me unfairly from when as a new player I fell for the team damage tactics of a troll and killed him to protect my team, as would be done in reality.
    Then there are all the times that players have driven into my autocannon line of fire after the string of fire has already been initiated. 

This is why I am ignoring the admonishment not to appeal a manifestly unfair system, in order to protest this injustice. Surely I am not the only one with team kills being unfairly counted against them.  

The above was typed before reviewing the video, and the injustice is worse than I thought. I did not kill the team member, He killed himself by ramming milliseconds after he was damaged by me, despite my obvious  attempts to aim around him. Yet it was still recorded as a team kill against me.  

He had over a second to react to the shot that I safely fired over his head to damage the enemy tank,  from my known firing position.

Jump to 14:30 for most relevant video, when I can figure out how and where to post it since it cannot be directly posted apparently, nevermind screengrabs.

This game often gives me great joy, but at other times great grief due poorly thought out, often unrealistic, game mechanics. 

Also, I cannot post this to the Suggestion forum due to the 50 post quota that must be met before I can do so. 

Guyuti #4 Posted Apr 09 2014 - 22:03

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 15547 battles

An absolute farse of a system, I just got shot by a member of my own team in a T1 Battle they did 47 Damage out of my 100 health. I did nothing and carried on playing about 4 mins later the same player positions himself behind me and hits me for another 47 points of damage I am now left with 6 points left. I turn my turret and fire one round at him doing 11 damage as he is hit by enemy artillery but mine is the kill shot. My account is now banned for 1 hour.

The system is crap if it cannot be set up and work properly.

Edited by Guyuti, Apr 09 2014 - 22:04.

joe_z_whales #5 Posted Apr 10 2014 - 01:15

Private

• Players
  • 18749 battles
  • [NRFD] NRFD
I was just banned after being shot by a tiger on my own team twice i hit him twice not killing him and now im banned...what a joke. like a fool ive put too much money on my account with premium tanks and premium accounts..no more..i wont put a penny into this game ever again  what a joke

notxess #6 Posted Apr 10 2014 - 01:43

Private

• Players
  • 14910 battles
  • [RATZ] RATZ
I just got banned for an hour for TKing a guy that had block another player.  How about putting a ban needle on the screen?  Would have been nice to know how bad of a boy I was being. 

Grenz2NDCav #7 Posted Apr 10 2014 - 14:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 25849 battles

How does this auto system deal with pushing a team mate?

Sometime one player will push another player up a hill or assist them in peaking an incline.

raptureman777 #8 Posted Apr 10 2014 - 21:17

Private

• Players
  • 15193 battles

People are purposely provoking other players to get them to shoot them and get kicked off. My own team mate kept cutting me off so I shot him. I did not know about this rule. Please let me back on. I do not get much time to play here. don't support the dork that play.

raptureman777 #9 Posted Apr 10 2014 - 21:22

Private

• Players
  • 15193 battles

Cool.......

now I have a good reason not to spend any money here. Players are using this rule to get good people kick off sweet. I am done.

6YrOldMike #10 Posted Apr 11 2014 - 00:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 27954 battles
I got team damaged at the very begining of the game. My engine is knocked out and I have damage. I shoot at his the T1's tracks in answer to this unprovoked attack and I ( I) get banned. I quit this game altogether !

Darce_ #11 Posted Apr 11 2014 - 01:52

Private

• Players
  • 9170 battles
  • [FRGE] FRGE
I was banned for a team player retaliating because I "killed," a tank he was firing was battling. He then drove about 50 yards to rammed me where I was taking cover.He cause damage to his tank mostly the circled me and then blocked me. I sent a shot into his tank and he repositioned to line me up, so I sent another shot into his tank and killed him. I'll take the suspension, but they system does not detect circumstance of this kind of passive aggressive behavior players have. I think the system should have recognized the initial aggression from the other player.

Stevie19 #12 Posted Apr 11 2014 - 03:16

Private

• Players
  • 1693 battles
Just had some troll on Prokhorovka follow me around and keep pushing me out of cover everywhere  I went , I admit the team killing but what am I supposed to do? Obviously the troll provoked me on purpose and I'll know better next time, is there a way to report the trolls?

Mare_in_the_Moon #13 Posted Apr 12 2014 - 08:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 7927 battles
  • [1NLRA] 1NLRA

I just got a 12 hour suspension for my first offence for taking out a spammer who was gold selling.  Wonderful system you have.  Oh, to make it better it now says my account is suspended until the time I did the team kill.  So sometime in the actual past.  Suspended forever I guess.

Edit:  Now it says an hour.  Whatever

Edited by Mare_in_the_Moon, Apr 12 2014 - 08:07.

cruise_missle #14 Posted Apr 12 2014 - 17:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Hello,

Does this work in XBox360?  I got betrayed twice now.  It really ticks me off.

Leman_Russ42 #15 Posted Apr 12 2014 - 18:12

Private

• Players
  • 578 battles
I was playing this game and doing very well, advancing on their base, then t18 followed me and outran my t 26 and stole 3 of my kills. the t 26 is slow so i couldnt do anything about it. then he got the arty which was my goal after cutting me offf, so i tk him and then got suspended. i was thinking about buying gold so i could have more fun, but if this is what happens then they arent getting a penny out of me.

Leman_Russ42 #16 Posted Apr 12 2014 - 18:15

Private

• Players
  • 578 battles

update

i rarely get to play this game and now i cant go on it for an hour because someone kept trolling me by cutting off my slower tank and stealling my kills when i got them to under 10 percent, what a great game

Orionsend #17 Posted Apr 12 2014 - 18:42

Private

• Players
  • 6981 battles
So I'm in an SPG, I see my ally and enemy tank in close proximity at far range, ally is loosing badly and will loose if I don't act, I may be able to save him with a well placed shot.  I take it and my ally get hit.  Do I get labeled as a Team Killer?

Orionsend #18 Posted Apr 12 2014 - 20:08

Private

• Players
  • 6981 battles
and a little off topic, where do you look to see how many allies in all you have hit/killed?

PlineyTheElder #19 Posted Apr 12 2014 - 20:08

Private

• Players
  • 1588 battles

Not a fan of this. Let the game be played. Sometimes a TK is necessary.

Blackandre #20 Posted Apr 13 2014 - 02:37

Private

• Players
  • 18490 battles
  • [12TH] 12TH

it's just a game so who gives a shit why even have this suspension nonsense at all apparently I pushed some guy or something and he whined about and I get suspended for 2 days .no notice no whats your side of the story I don't even know what the hell they are talking about .I figure if your going to be a cry baby maybe you should stick to mario games or whatever I know I didn't shoot anybody and I still don't know why I'm suspended .what a bunch of bullshit

and if I bumped somebody fine me ok but 48hr suspension for nothing WTF

Also tagged with TK/TD, Patch Changes, 8.11

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users