Jump to content


Team Damage/Kill System Changes for 8.11

TK/TD Patch Changes 8.11

  • Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

ket101 #241 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 01:13

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 18417 battles
  • 8,703
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View PostTahllol, on Sep 05 2017 - 10:04, said:

 

Problem is they don't do crap about the pushing teammates out into the open or into the water period. WG has lost all control of the game because they ignore everything from using illegal mods, constant botting players, to team killing on a constant basis.

 

They do crap if they get told.  Excerpt of the rules:

 

Abuse of Physics.
With update (8.0) and the introduction of Physics, it will then be possible for players to find new and creative ways of killing allies that will not initially be covered by the auto system.
The rules have been adjusted to cover this game adjustment. In short, unfairly pushing allied tanks around is against the game rules.
Since this new issue will not be covered by the automated system, players will be required to submit reports containing replays of these rule violations to support.worldoftanks.com. Replays are required for verification

 

Examples of Physics Abuse: pushing allied tanks off cliffs or bridges or out of cover and into enemy fire.
Killing an allied tank or causing an allied tank to be killed by exploiting the new physics system, will result in 24 hour game bans being placed for the first offense.

 

From here: http://forum.worldof...ll-auto-system/

 

The bolding is my own, to highlight the point.



68andhavinfun #242 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 00:05

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 3865 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013

IT COULD BE SET UP THAT YOU DON'T HARM YOUR TEAM MATES LIKE OTHER GAMES, BUT THESE DEVOLOPERS WOULD RATHER LOSE PLAYERS, THEY JUST HAD TO MERGE SERVERS TO OFSET LOSSES OF PLAYERS FOR OTHER GAMES COMING OUT THAT HAVE BETTER RULES.  AND ONE OF THEIR (wot) DEVELOPERS MADE A LIVE BROADCAST STATING THAT YOU SHOULD JUST KILL OFF THE "BAD" PLAYERS EARLY IN THE GAME..THAT IS POOR BUSINESS,,WHEN YOU DEPEND ON ALL TYPES OF PLAYERS SO THERE IS LESS WAITING AND ENOUGH FOR MM TO WORK YOU SHOULD NOT JUST WANT "GOOD" PLAYERS PLAYING YOUR GAME. I Am 72 and I have seen players as young as 8 on the games, it takes a lot of people to make it possible to have this game, calling people that put money in your pocket and make it possible to even have this game "BAD", is pretty stupid. even people who are not premium still spend money.


Edited by 68andhavinfun, Sep 11 2017 - 00:07.


ket101 #243 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 01:15

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 18417 battles
  • 8,703
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View Post68andhavinfun, on Sep 11 2017 - 09:05, said:

IT COULD BE SET UP THAT YOU DON'T HARM YOUR TEAM MATES LIKE OTHER GAMES, BUT THESE DEVOLOPERS WOULD RATHER LOSE PLAYERS, THEY JUST HAD TO MERGE SERVERS TO OFSET LOSSES OF PLAYERS FOR OTHER GAMES COMING OUT THAT HAVE BETTER RULES.  AND ONE OF THEIR (wot) DEVELOPERS MADE A LIVE BROADCAST STATING THAT YOU SHOULD JUST KILL OFF THE "BAD" PLAYERS EARLY IN THE GAME..THAT IS POOR BUSINESS,,WHEN YOU DEPEND ON ALL TYPES OF PLAYERS SO THERE IS LESS WAITING AND ENOUGH FOR MM TO WORK YOU SHOULD NOT JUST WANT "GOOD" PLAYERS PLAYING YOUR GAME. I Am 72 and I have seen players as young as 8 on the games, it takes a lot of people to make it possible to have this game, calling people that put money in your pocket and make it possible to even have this game "BAD", is pretty stupid. even people who are not premium still spend money.

 

There's reasons for having team damage in the game.  I've listed a number of them a number of times through the various TK threads.  But people probably need things being repeated:

 

1. It's realistic. 

2. It's a genuine gameplay mechanic.  Accidental team damage could potentially change the outcome of a game

3. If you're playing properly, it can make you think about whether you should take a shot or not.

4. It makes you think about whether you should simply jump out in front of a teammate.

 

What would happen if it was removed:

 

1. Griefing activities would increase.

2. Jumping in front of other's shots would increase.

3. Bumping and ramming would increase.

 

In short, it would "dumb down" the game, and increase bad behaviour.  It would drive players away from the game.

 

That's the short version.



FrozenKemp #244 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 01:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 42136 battles
  • 4,274
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View Post68andhavinfun, on Sep 10 2017 - 18:05, said:

IT COULD BE SET UP THAT YOU DON'T HARM YOUR TEAM MATES LIKE OTHER GAMES, BUT THESE DEVOLOPERS WOULD RATHER LOSE PLAYERS, THEY JUST HAD TO MERGE SERVERS TO OFSET LOSSES OF PLAYERS FOR OTHER GAMES COMING OUT THAT HAVE BETTER RULES.  AND ONE OF THEIR (wot) DEVELOPERS MADE A LIVE BROADCAST STATING THAT YOU SHOULD JUST KILL OFF THE "BAD" PLAYERS EARLY IN THE GAME..THAT IS POOR BUSINESS,,WHEN YOU DEPEND ON ALL TYPES OF PLAYERS SO THERE IS LESS WAITING AND ENOUGH FOR MM TO WORK YOU SHOULD NOT JUST WANT "GOOD" PLAYERS PLAYING YOUR GAME. I Am 72 and I have seen players as young as 8 on the games, it takes a lot of people to make it possible to have this game, calling people that put money in your pocket and make it possible to even have this game "BAD", is pretty stupid. even people who are not premium still spend money.

 

Don't take this the wrong way, but I doubt one of the developers actually said this.  Do you have a link?  And even if they did, they were almost certainly joking. 

Devilsdime #245 Posted Oct 08 2017 - 23:59

    Private

  • Players
  • 24694 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    12-09-2012
Why is it when some one ram me and do damage to there tank and i turn blue and it them doing it and they kelp doing and i get ban i nothing to with it that bull crapyou need to fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ket101 #246 Posted Oct 09 2017 - 02:07

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 18417 battles
  • 8,703
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View PostDevilsdime, on Oct 09 2017 - 08:59, said:

Why is it when some one ram me and do damage to there tank and i turn blue and it them doing it and they kelp doing and i get ban i nothing to with it that bull crapyou need to fix it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Faster vehicle takes the TK damage penalties in rams.  This was to prevent scouts ramming at full speed into heavies and getting the heavy player banned.  If someone is going to ram you, then stop and let them take the penalties.

LordOtori #247 Posted Oct 15 2017 - 22:46

    Private

  • Players
  • 31296 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
So a full health opening friendly fire ammo rack for full health in my T-10 from a baddie E-100 player, the E-100 gets nothing done. Or what about when allies or just a group of dumb people in a plat start shooting or ramming you into an open chassis block position. They stay off the 2 shots or more by teaming up to shoot or push you. There should literally be options for in game instant reporting not just right clicking and expecting some dumb kid to get dealt a lesson or not for that matter, it should be instant and you should be able to see it. This system they say keeps getting better when in reality it is just restricting it to work together to do friendly fire and tk's. I have literally hundreds of videos demonstrating it if you want proof. Tk's and friendly fire on me opening in the first seconds of multiple games in a row, every day. 

ket101 #248 Posted Oct 15 2017 - 23:29

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 18417 battles
  • 8,703
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View PostLordOtori, on Oct 16 2017 - 07:46, said:

So a full health opening friendly fire ammo rack for full health in my T-10 from a baddie E-100 player, the E-100 gets nothing done. Or what about when allies or just a group of dumb people in a plat start shooting or ramming you into an open chassis block position. They stay off the 2 shots or more by teaming up to shoot or push you. There should literally be options for in game instant reporting not just right clicking and expecting some dumb kid to get dealt a lesson or not for that matter, it should be instant and you should be able to see it. This system they say keeps getting better when in reality it is just restricting it to work together to do friendly fire and tk's. I have literally hundreds of videos demonstrating it if you want proof. Tk's and friendly fire on me opening in the first seconds of multiple games in a row, every day. 

 

Pushing is Physics Abuse, and you CAN submit a ticket to Support to report it.  Include a copy of the replay. 

 

If it's exceptional circumstances of people ganging up on you (though why people would bother is another thing entirely), then submit it as Unsportsmanlike Behaviour. 

 

If they're ramming you, make sure you stop completely, as that makes sure they take the full brunt of the team damage penalties. 

 

There is instant reporting (hold down left CTRL and right click on the player's name in the team list), but they rely on building up a pattern of behaviour with those, as it's too easy to abuse in any one game (there have been cases in the past of clans getting people banned through instant reports, simply on clan orders rather than any bad behaviour). 

 

If you can submit multiple instances of the same players TK-ing you with different replays, then again, submit under Unsportsmanlike Behaviour, as that's Bullying.  Replays are better than videos, since they are much smaller (typically about one and a half megs for a full 15 minute game) and they can be paused and looked around from different viewpoints, something that you can't do with a recorded video.  You would need somewhere to host a video, since you wouldn't be able to attach the video itself to a ticket (almost certainly it would be too big).  Replays can also be uploaded to wotreplays.com for free and the links to them can be included in your ticket.



UrTearsFuelMyWn8 #249 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 02:54

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 21838 battles
  • 33
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

View Postket101, on Oct 15 2017 - 22:29, said:

 

Pushing is Physics Abuse, and you CAN submit a ticket to Support to report it.  Include a copy of the replay. 

 

If it's exceptional circumstances of people ganging up on you (though why people would bother is another thing entirely), then submit it as Unsportsmanlike Behaviour. 

 

If they're ramming you, make sure you stop completely, as that makes sure they take the full brunt of the team damage penalties. 

 

There is instant reporting (hold down left CTRL and right click on the player's name in the team list), but they rely on building up a pattern of behaviour with those, as it's too easy to abuse in any one game (there have been cases in the past of clans getting people banned through instant reports, simply on clan orders rather than any bad behaviour). 

 

If you can submit multiple instances of the same players TK-ing you with different replays, then again, submit under Unsportsmanlike Behaviour, as that's Bullying.  Replays are better than videos, since they are much smaller (typically about one and a half megs for a full 15 minute game) and they can be paused and looked around from different viewpoints, something that you can't do with a recorded video.  You would need somewhere to host a video, since you wouldn't be able to attach the video itself to a ticket (almost certainly it would be too big).  Replays can also be uploaded to wotreplays.com for free and the links to them can be included in your ticket.

 

Wargaming literally does nothing to physics abusers. They may address 2-3 man platoons who are frequently blocking/pushing players around, but only if they do it very often, and dozens of reports are tickets are filed on them with replays.

 

One of the most notorious players in the game for physics abuse is "x_Death_Star_x" from the "[R-7]" clan. I have sent in two tickets with attached replays if him pushing me into enemy lines of fire, and it was beyond a reasonable doubt regarding both his in-game driving, and his chat comments that followed. Wargaming did nothing to address this player, as I monitored his account for about 1 - 2 months straight, nearly every day. He was not banned for any length of time. Many other players I know also know this player for doing this excessively, and I am positive other tickets/replays have been filed on him for the same thing, and yet he is still active.

 

I made a topic about this a few years ago, some mod posted, told me that he bans for physics abuse, and yet no bans every really seem to happen to physics abusers. Just another lie by WG pretty much.


Edited by UrTearsFuelMyWn8, Oct 16 2017 - 02:55.


LordOtori #250 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 03:35

    Private

  • Players
  • 31296 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
Your death star [chump] has had multiple infractions made against him as well, I've heard and seen him do so much as to warrant a perm ban in every possible way. These new rules or old rules are things we've known for a very long time, nothing ever gets done or changed at all for that matter. This support ticket process also I believe needs reworked as it does nothing and what to have anything be done how many tickets must be filed? Twenty or more? That is more unacceptable nonsense coming from wargaming, the home of bad support and increasingly bad game changes.

Edited by LordOtori, Oct 16 2017 - 03:36.


ket101 #251 Posted Oct 16 2017 - 06:54

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 18417 battles
  • 8,703
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View PostUrTearsFuelMyWn8, on Oct 16 2017 - 11:54, said:

 

Wargaming literally does nothing to physics abusers. They may address 2-3 man platoons who are frequently blocking/pushing players around, but only if they do it very often, and dozens of reports are tickets are filed on them with replays.

 

One of the most notorious players in the game for physics abuse is "x_Death_Star_x" from the "[R-7]" clan. I have sent in two tickets with attached replays if him pushing me into enemy lines of fire, and it was beyond a reasonable doubt regarding both his in-game driving, and his chat comments that followed. Wargaming did nothing to address this player, as I monitored his account for about 1 - 2 months straight, nearly every day. He was not banned for any length of time. Many other players I know also know this player for doing this excessively, and I am positive other tickets/replays have been filed on him for the same thing, and yet he is still active.

 

I made a topic about this a few years ago, some mod posted, told me that he bans for physics abuse, and yet no bans every really seem to happen to physics abusers. Just another lie by WG pretty much.

 

I'd be interested to see the replays.  Of course, you might want to blank out his name here on the forums.

LordOtori #252 Posted Today, 12:13 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 31296 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
He is an annoying pusher, one of many R-7 players known for pushing and blocking and being considerably difficult to have on your team cause they believe they should always have the advantage and for that they create the issues. Why not actually make a support ticket system or in-game reporting system actually have something come out of it. It wasn't always there, and I would say it was better. As relying on it, people know it takes forever to get banned from doing one thing. Imagine going into 5+ pubs in a row, somehow always getting a common player, seeing him do it every game. Yet still no repercussions, stupid and sad. Needs reworked, for sure.





Also tagged with TK/TD, Patch Changes, 8.11

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users