• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

ket101 #241 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 01:13

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18379 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

View PostTahllol, on Sep 05 2017 - 10:04, said:

Problem is they don't do crap about the pushing teammates out into the open or into the water period. WG has lost all control of the game because they ignore everything from using illegal mods, constant botting players, to team killing on a constant basis.

They do crap if they get told.  Excerpt of the rules:

Abuse of Physics.
With update (8.0) and the introduction of Physics, it will then be possible for players to find new and creative ways of killing allies that will not initially be covered by the auto system.
The rules have been adjusted to cover this game adjustment. In short, unfairly pushing allied tanks around is against the game rules.
Since this new issue will not be covered by the automated system, players will be required to submit reports containing replays of these rule violations to support.worldoftanks.com. Replays are required for verification

Examples of Physics Abuse: pushing allied tanks off cliffs or bridges or out of cover and into enemy fire.
Killing an allied tank or causing an allied tank to be killed by exploiting the new physics system, will result in 24 hour game bans being placed for the first offense.

From here: http://forum.worldof...ll-auto-system/

The bolding is my own, to highlight the point.

68andhavinfun #242 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 00:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 3865 battles

IT COULD BE SET UP THAT YOU DON'T HARM YOUR TEAM MATES LIKE OTHER GAMES, BUT THESE DEVOLOPERS WOULD RATHER LOSE PLAYERS, THEY JUST HAD TO MERGE SERVERS TO OFSET LOSSES OF PLAYERS FOR OTHER GAMES COMING OUT THAT HAVE BETTER RULES.  AND ONE OF THEIR (wot) DEVELOPERS MADE A LIVE BROADCAST STATING THAT YOU SHOULD JUST KILL OFF THE "BAD" PLAYERS EARLY IN THE GAME..THAT IS POOR BUSINESS,,WHEN YOU DEPEND ON ALL TYPES OF PLAYERS SO THERE IS LESS WAITING AND ENOUGH FOR MM TO WORK YOU SHOULD NOT JUST WANT "GOOD" PLAYERS PLAYING YOUR GAME. I Am 72 and I have seen players as young as 8 on the games, it takes a lot of people to make it possible to have this game, calling people that put money in your pocket and make it possible to even have this game "BAD", is pretty stupid. even people who are not premium still spend money.

Edited by 68andhavinfun, Sep 11 2017 - 00:07.

ket101 #243 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 01:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18379 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

View Post68andhavinfun, on Sep 11 2017 - 09:05, said:

IT COULD BE SET UP THAT YOU DON'T HARM YOUR TEAM MATES LIKE OTHER GAMES, BUT THESE DEVOLOPERS WOULD RATHER LOSE PLAYERS, THEY JUST HAD TO MERGE SERVERS TO OFSET LOSSES OF PLAYERS FOR OTHER GAMES COMING OUT THAT HAVE BETTER RULES.  AND ONE OF THEIR (wot) DEVELOPERS MADE A LIVE BROADCAST STATING THAT YOU SHOULD JUST KILL OFF THE "BAD" PLAYERS EARLY IN THE GAME..THAT IS POOR BUSINESS,,WHEN YOU DEPEND ON ALL TYPES OF PLAYERS SO THERE IS LESS WAITING AND ENOUGH FOR MM TO WORK YOU SHOULD NOT JUST WANT "GOOD" PLAYERS PLAYING YOUR GAME. I Am 72 and I have seen players as young as 8 on the games, it takes a lot of people to make it possible to have this game, calling people that put money in your pocket and make it possible to even have this game "BAD", is pretty stupid. even people who are not premium still spend money.

There's reasons for having team damage in the game.  I've listed a number of them a number of times through the various TK threads.  But people probably need things being repeated:

1. It's realistic. 

2. It's a genuine gameplay mechanic.  Accidental team damage could potentially change the outcome of a game

3. If you're playing properly, it can make you think about whether you should take a shot or not.

4. It makes you think about whether you should simply jump out in front of a teammate.

What would happen if it was removed:

1. Griefing activities would increase.

2. Jumping in front of other's shots would increase.

3. Bumping and ramming would increase.

In short, it would "dumb down" the game, and increase bad behaviour.  It would drive players away from the game.

That's the short version.

FrozenKemp #244 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 01:51

Major

• Players
  • 41578 battles

View Post68andhavinfun, on Sep 10 2017 - 18:05, said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I doubt one of the developers actually said this.  Do you have a link?  And even if they did, they were almost certainly joking. 

Also tagged with TK/TD, Patch Changes, 8.11

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users