Skirmish 7

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

Yoott #1 Posted Feb 12 2014 - 01:08

Player

• -Players-
  • 24496 battles

Tanks Allowed and Tier Point Limits Per Nation

Germany - 7 players max in battle        Russia - 9 players max in battle           USA - 9 players max in battle
40 Tier points       47 Tier Points      50 Tier Points   
Limit 3 tier 7's max in any battle    Limit 1 IS in any battle    Limit 2 Hellcats in any battle

Tiger I - Tier 7   IS- Tier 7    Hellcat - Tier 6
Panther I - Tier 7   T-34 - Tier 5   M4AE2 - Tier 6
PzIV - Tier 5   KV-1 - Tier 5   M4AE8 - Tier 6
StuG III - Tier 5   SU-76 - Tier 3   M4- Tier 5
Hetzer - Tier 4   BT- 7 - Tier 3   M5 Stuart - Tier 4
PZ III - Tier 4       M3 Lee - Tier 4
        M7 Priest - Tier 3

ALL NATIONS WILL BE IN THE SAME TOURNAMENT        

CAPTAINS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAKING SURE THEIR TEAMS HAVE CORRECT POINTS AND TANK TYPES BEFORE ENTERING BATTLE

Victory Conditions

The winner of each round will be determined as the first to 3 victories on a given map.

Each battle will last 10 minutes.

The Standard battle mode will be used for this tournament.

Schedule

Teams will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis, see Registration for details. TEAMS THAT ARE NOT IN PENDING APPROVAL STATUS AT CLOSE OF REGISTRATION WILL BE DENIED

The full schedule will be provided at the close of registration, once the final team count has been determined. Rounds will begin at 19:30 PST (22:30 EST each scheduled day, 03:30 UTC the following dayeach scheduled day. Curious what time this is in your region? Use this handy Time Zone Converter to help you out!

• Round 1: Monday, Feb 17th
  • Round 2: Tuesday, Feb 18th
  • Round 3: Wednesday Feb 19th
  • Round 4: Thursday, Feb 20th
  • Round 5: Friday, Feb 21st
  • THERE WILL BE BRACKETS MAX 32 TEAMS IN EACH AND NO BATTLES PAST FRIDAY THIS WEEK
There will be a 2 minute break in between battles for each round.

Prizes

The following prizes will be provided to each member of the respective winning team, including reserves. 

• First place: 5,000
  • Second place: 2,000
  • Third place: 1,000
  • Fourth place: 1,000

Maps

There will only be one map used during Skirmish 7. The map will be Prokhorovka

Yoott #2 Posted Feb 12 2014 - 19:27

Player

• -Players-
  • 24496 battles

Just to clarify 

No matter what nation you register for you will be in the same tournament as I will be mixing them all in.

Also you may only register for ONE nation and you will be required to use that nation the entire tournament, no switching as you go. 

ghostrider454 #3 Posted Feb 13 2014 - 20:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40878 battles
  • [3BAT] 3BAT
Wow handy cap the USSR team.

Cartil #4 Posted Feb 13 2014 - 20:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 10037 battles
  • [-Y-] -Y-
Just FYI: on the WoT website, the tiers of the German tanks are all listed as VII.

SliverCrows #5 Posted Feb 13 2014 - 21:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 30339 battles
  • [MAD-] MAD-

Have you just haired a new guy to do all the web page work? Skirmish 7 pages are full of mistakes and bad visual design!

first, the link directing to Skirmish 7 tournament page in the Skirmish 7 News page is wrong. it is pointing the Skirmish 4 tournament page. 

second, German tanks are listed as wrong tiers in the News page.

third, all the colored words in the tournament page are disgusting, TOO MANY red attentions! They are too outstanding and concentrated, hurting my eyes. really, orange or bold lines are enough. 

that guy mustn't pass his visual design course

forth, 

TEAMS NOT IN PENDING APPROVAL STATUS AT CLOSE OF REGISTRATION WILL BE DENIED.

we don't have to repeat that 4 times. 

Edited by SliverCrows, Feb 13 2014 - 21:47.

Yoott #6 Posted Feb 13 2014 - 22:00

Player

• -Players-
  • 24496 battles

View PostSliverCrows, on Feb 13 2014 - 12:46, said:

Have you just haired a new guy to do all the web page work? Skirmish 7 pages are full of mistakes and bad visual design!

first, the link directing to Skirmish 7 tournament page in the Skirmish 7 News page is wrong. it is pointing the Skirmish 4 tournament page. 

third, all the colored words in the tournament page are disgusting, TOO MANY red attentions! They are too outstanding and concentrated, hurting my eyes. really, orange or bold lines are enough. 

forth, 

ATTN: TEAMS NOT IN PENDING APPROVAL STATUS AT CLOSE OF TOURNAMENT WILL BE DENIED

ThatQuietBear #7 Posted Feb 14 2014 - 00:24

Private

• Players
  • 7671 battles
  • [FURST] FURST

SU-76 is tier 3.

SU-85B is tier 4.

I'm not sure if it's the tank name or the tier that's wrong, but all of the Skirmish 7 pages have that mistake.

Spartan_Jun69 #8 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 14:24

Private

• Players
  • 9008 battles
Yea I came to ask the same thing 'ThatQietBear' came for if it was the SU-76, or the SU-85B? i hope its the SU-85B

votato #9 Posted Feb 16 2014 - 10:35

Captain

• Players
  • 30450 battles
this skirmish seems really unbalanced... do like the work in general, but this was pretty meh all around.

Niv13 #10 Posted Feb 16 2014 - 11:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30448 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

How Terrible...

View PostSliverCrows, on Feb 13 2014 - 12:46, said:

forth, 

Kalis #11 Posted Feb 18 2014 - 16:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26864 battles

Why the complaints?  I see all the factions as being able to compete quite well actually.

USSR: 1x IS, 8x KV-1/T-34s

With gold rounds, T-34s 57mm has 189 pen and rapid fire, and can go through any other tank in with breeze.

KV-1s have high HP, decent armour (vs other tier 5s), and a choice of the same 57mm or a pretty good 85mm gun.

IS is a beast of a tier 7.

Germans: 3x Tiger/Panther and 19 points for 3x Pz4/Stug III, 1x Pz3/hetzer

Sure you get 3 tier 7s, but the limit of 7 tanks (vs 9 for the other factions) can break you.

The Tiger H and Panthers are actually really low armoured tier 7s, so gold round equipped tier 5s can damage them easily.

With that said, they also have very high HP and highly accurate guns with good DPS damage.

US: most lineup variety as the 4/5/6s are all tanks that can be utilized, and 50 points:

2 hellcats + 38 points for 7 tanks which would be a mix of: Easy 8 / Jumbos, M4 Shermans, M5 Stuarts, M4 Priest.

38 points can be:

- 5x tier 6, 2x tier 4

- 5x tier 6, 1x tier 5, 1x tier 3 (arty)

- 4x tier 4, 2x tier 5, 1x tier 4

- 3x tier 6, 4x tier 5

That said, variety does not necessarily mean superior, as they don't have any tier 7s at all.

At the end of the day though, everyone operated under the same rules: you got to choose your nation and tank lineup.  Since everyone operated under the same rules, it comes down to who plays it out better.

Personally speaking, the reason my team went for the US lineup was because of credit cost:

Most of us already owned hellcats/jumbos/easy 8s, and tier 4s/5 are cheap to purchase (450K credits or so for a tier 5, 150K tier 4).

German line, on the other hand, would of required multiple guys on the team to rebuy Tiger H/Panthers (which cost around 1.5 mill credits?)

With all that said, I do have 1 suggestion to make for a tourney like this:

the nation of the team really should be listed by the team name...

Chillsau #12 Posted Feb 18 2014 - 22:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27818 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

Remaining teams and their nations:

USSR:

JTF-5

Germany

77th Armored Cavalry

82ndad
Dancing Golden Tapirs
Deutschland über alles
Exterminatus Cadre

USA

!!!Get aHead
100QC
CHEAP SHOT
DPUSA
Fate's Chosen
Los Gringos Tanqueros
Obese Probability 

Simplistic
yo
Zzzergling rush Kekeke 

The USSR faction is at a disadvantage because of view range. Yeah, they can fight the Germans with a million 57mm shells flying, but being limited to 350m of view range means they're never going to beat the US. That's just a weakness of the tree as a whole though, with the SU-85b as the exception.

If the Germans could use the Luchs, that would make them more viable, but as good as Tigers are now, Pz4s and Stugs just aren't going to perform well enough on this map. The Tigers need some sort of mobile spotter to keep them from being surrounded and blind, but they just have durdly blind TDs and blocky mediums with mediocre view range. Seriously though we need more skirmishes where I can play my Luchs, make it happen Wargaming.

Chillsau #13 Posted Feb 19 2014 - 23:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27818 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

Remaining teams:

USSR - None!!

Germany

Dancing Golden Tapirs

USA

!!!Get aHead
100QC
CHEAP SHOT
Fate's Chosen
Obese Probability 

Simplistic
yo

Well then. Dancing Golden Tapirs have played against German and Soviet teams, so they've not faced a US team. We'll see if Germany can handle the US tanks tonight.

The initial team totals for each nation were: 3 USSR, 15 Germany, 14 USA. It may just be that experienced skirmish teams had good Hellcats and good enough US crews to put into their Shermans, and a lack of Tigers/German crews, so there was a bias towards the USA side. Or it could be that the USSR and Germany sides were at a large disadvantage. Not looking good for the side of balance, though.

By the way, team CHEAP SHOT, how many games did that match end up going for? I gave up watching the results after two hours.

Kalis #14 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 04:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26864 battles

agreed about USSR to be honest.

I actually felt they were too limited in not being able to field any light tanks to do spotting.  They seemed like an afterthought compared to the German and US teams.

As for Germans Hellsau.  My theory of their usage was:

2x Panther I

1x Tiger I

4x Stug III

panther I spotters with 75L100, stug III snipers and tiger I 88L70.

Your spotters would have high HP, good view range, and highly accurate guns as well.

After all, the Stug IIIs 75L70 are basically just as good at the Panther I's 75L100.

Veracis #15 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 16:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30465 battles

Final 4:

USSR none

Germany None

USA

100QC
Obese Probability

Simplistic
yo

The vision control and mobility of the US tanks over the germans on a map like prohk were the issue. Add to the fact that the US is able to bring more tanks + high ROF tanks meant that every time we spotted a tiger/panther it was dpm'd down. We actually pondered rushing a german push once but decided to slow play it out.

We faced probably the best team that picked Germany in round one and lost maybe 2 tanks each round (usually our m5 stuarts). honestly the map is too open for the germans to abuse their HP pool and camping didn't work due to superior mobility/scouting/dpm when lit.

Edited by Veracis, Feb 20 2014 - 16:41.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users