Jump to content


Russian community members get free tanks?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Elbow #21 Posted Jun 21 2011 - 13:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22678 battles
  • 1,079
  • Member since:
    01-28-2011
I want the time back that it took me to read this thread. I wish that a free tank given to a player half way around the world, which has no bearing on my life, was some how one of the more important things in my day. Unfortunately my life has more going on and hence no time to care about this.

WarCannon #22 Posted Jun 21 2011 - 16:45

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9712 battles
  • 389
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostElbow, on Jun 21 2011 - 13:32, said:

I want the time back that it took me to read this thread. I wish that a free tank given to a player half way around the world, which has no bearing on my life, was some how one of the more important things in my day. Unfortunately my life has more going on and hence no time to care about this.

not the point the point is they favor players for being russian lets just say you went to burger king or some fast food place got a burger and the person after you got a extra burger for being from another country that the owner is from i can careless about the tank its the fact you dont do that in a game or anywhere else.. its a pure insult to anyone thats not russian.. im german and the way i see it is they think there better than us when everyone is the same

SilentSoul #23 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 19:53

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 2390 battles
  • 36
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
I don't know if this is the reason for your friends message or not. I never paid attention to messages when I first started the game (or restarted after the official release).

Closed Beta players recieved a Valentine (gold) tank for being a Closed Beta tester. At the official release, Closed Beta testers recieved a M4(e4 if i remember) gold tank for thier help with Closed Beta. I also sold my Valentine in Closed Beta because I never played it. I got it back with official release.

This may be why your friend (not in Russia) recieved (or re-recieved) the Val.

WarCannon #24 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 22:47

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9712 battles
  • 389
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostSilentSoul, on Jun 22 2011 - 19:53, said:

I don't know if this is the reason for your friends message or not. I never paid attention to messages when I first started the game (or restarted after the official release).

Closed Beta players recieved a Valentine (gold) tank for being a Closed Beta tester. At the official release, Closed Beta testers recieved a M4(e4 if i remember) gold tank for thier help with Closed Beta. I also sold my Valentine in Closed Beta because I never played it. I got it back with official release.

This may be why your friend (not in Russia) recieved (or re-recieved) the Val.

give me the bad rep for speaking the truth.. to all you haters out there... the truth sucks dont it and it will happen to you its only a matter of time.

Mythalinear #25 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 23:17

    Private

  • Players
  • 2900 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011
This really sounds quite petty. Especially since the idea that everyone must be treated equally is a purely North American fad. Russia doesn't make a whole lot of games on the world market, good on em for supporting their own people with a free tank. What you going to do, sue Russia for being partial to Russians? America gets sooooo many options and benefits for nearly every game ever made that people not in America do not have access to.

Mythalinear #26 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 23:24

    Private

  • Players
  • 2900 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View PostPanzerTigerII, on Jun 20 2011 - 14:14, said:

yep the makers are russian there for they put the whole game in fiction nerfing the whole german line up and made alot mad about the discrimination im mad because i see that its discrimination against my people for one mans mistake im german and i find it very offensive everyone that knows about ww2 will tell you the russian tanks were weak compaired to the germans but game will not last everyone knows this

I am also a German tank enthusiast, historically they had the best tanks. However, I don't think this is discrimination to nurf German tanks. I think it is part of the axiom that all game developers follow, namely:

Gameplay > Realism

If the game were purely realistic then it would be terribly unbalanced and nobody would play certain tanks or even certain nations. Players would complain that their favorite nation was useless, and maybe they were when it came to tanks, but that's not how to build a game. Yes, the German line needed to be made weaker because the game would not be fun and everyone would just choose German so they could kill more things.

Until there is official hate speak from the devs about the German line or the German line becomes obviously inferior, then I think that it's just gameplay mechanics, not discrimination.

von_Krimm #27 Posted Jun 22 2011 - 23:47

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 20037 battles
  • 1,020
  • Member since:
    09-12-2010

View PostPanzerTigerII, on Jun 20 2011 - 14:15, said:

file a complaint yes i will.

You do that euro-man, it will surely show them!
Alles ist ordnung mein herr!

Time2Fly #28 Posted Jun 23 2011 - 01:45

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 5478 battles
  • 575
  • Member since:
    06-03-2011
WTH is ESl mean?

Marseille #29 Posted Jun 23 2011 - 01:58

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 11036 battles
  • 542
  • [COD] COD
  • Member since:
    09-11-2010

View PostTime2Fly, on Jun 23 2011 - 01:45, said:

WTH is ESl mean?

English as a Second Language.

Now, back on topic - maybe people who actually do something for this game and community are paid back for their efforts? :Smile-hiding:

WarCannon #30 Posted Jun 23 2011 - 09:41

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9712 battles
  • 389
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostMythalinear, on Jun 22 2011 - 23:24, said:

I am also a German tank enthusiast, historically they had the best tanks. However, I don't think this is discrimination to nurf German tanks. I think it is part of the axiom that all game developers follow, namely:

Gameplay > Realism

If the game were purely realistic then it would be terribly unbalanced and nobody would play certain tanks or even certain nations. Players would complain that their favorite nation was useless, and maybe they were when it came to tanks, but that's not how to build a game. Yes, the German line needed to be made weaker because the game would not be fun and everyone would just choose German so they could kill more things.

Until there is official hate speak from the devs about the German line or the German line becomes obviously inferior, then I think that it's just gameplay mechanics, not discrimination.

they base it off realistic terms

Teddy_Bear #31 Posted Jun 23 2011 - 11:02

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 5591 battles
  • 1,715
  • [DOOMD] DOOMD
  • Member since:
    10-12-2010
I received the Beta Sherman, and for some odd reason, the Valentine (Pleasantly surprised) Russians received another tank, but not the Sherman. Everything is fine, i know plenty of people who play on the Russian sever, but are not Russian.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users