[0.9.0] MeltyMap's MathMod

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

Poilet #1 Posted Feb 14 2014 - 20:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20565 battles

POPULAR

Hey tankers! As many of you MathMod fans should know by now, Melty is no longer developing his famous mod. However, I have updated it for use with 0.9.2 to the best of my abilities! Soooo... Now it's fixed and running flawlessly* on 0.9.2!

*There may be undetected bugs that I have missed, however it doesn't seem like there are anymore than what is listed in the "Bugs" section of this thread.

FEATURES

I need to re-do these... But I'm too lazy right now.

COMPATIBILITY

The MathMod is highly versatile and compatible with most other mods, except other sight mods for obvious reasons. For the list of incompatible mods, click here.

SCREENSHOTS

INSTALLATION

Just unzip the file and drag n' drop the res_mods folder into your C:\Games\World_of_Tanks folder. Can't get any simpler.

LEGAL

Authors

MeltyMap

Co-Authors

Dellux
garnet_auxo
Havenard
Koshnaranek

_Kriegstreiber_

Nitestalker7
phantasm
RazNaRok
xXTHEPILOTXx

Customization

>IMPORTANT<

Before we get started you need to download Notepad++ in order to edit these files accurately! You can try to use the standard notepad that comes with windows however it is not recommended! Heed my warning or be forever cursed! ~~woooOOoooo~~ Here is the link.

Alright guys and gals, this is going to your friendly neighborhood Pilot giving you a rundown of the files and how to edit them. There is one thing I will not cover in this; and that is how to edit the SWF files of this mod. The SWF files of this mod are, to put it simply, the animations/graphics of this mod. The reasons for me not covering how to edit these are too many to count, the main reason being that I have little knowledge on the SWF file type.

However, you guys are in luck because I am a graphics designer and was a website developer for many many gaming websites for MineCraft, Garry's Mod, Call of Duty, Battlefield 3, so on and so forth. I have been doing graphics since I was 11, and I have been writing in HTML/CSS since I was 13. I am currently 16, about to be 17 this year. But anyways, back to editing the files.

The reason I brought up that information is because HTML and CSS are almost identical to XML files, which is where all of the data for how the mod works is located. So if any of you have knowledge in the web developing business... Why are you reading this you fool! Go on, get!

Now that they're gone, I have stalled long enough. On to the files that house all of the information we want to change. All of the files that will ever need editing are housed in C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.0\gui. No where else. These are the files:

In C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.0\gui:

• ​NoScroll - Allows/Disallows the function of scrolling into/out of your sniper and arcade point of view.
  • ServerCross - Modifications for your server crosshair, such as adding a scope shadow.
  • ZoomX - Allows you to modify your zoom values in sniper mode. You may need to tweak to get the numbers just right due to the weird ratios patch 0.9.0 brought.

In C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.0\gui\scaleform:

• MeltyMapModSetting - A bunch of smaller tweaks to the main mod itself.
  • MeltyMapProtractorSetting - A bunch of tweaks to the many smaller mods.

Alright, so now that you have the knowledge of what the base files are, it's time to edit them. Melty kindly left information next to each and every editable option, in the form of what I like to call "false data". (I don't know the technical term >:I) If you have Notepad++ installed, (which you should because I told you to) you should see green words to the right of the blue words, to put it in simple terms. There is the "actual" data and then there is the "false" data. The actual data is what makes the mod work, and tells the mod what to do. The false data is there to tell you the parameters you are allowed to edit in, without screwing up the mod completely. So from here I could basically drop you off on your own, and I'm sure this is where many of you will stop reading. However, if you want MOAR INFURMATIUN!!11!1!, I will gladly give it to you.

The whole idea is to change the black words, that is inside the blue words, to correspond with your wants/needs, but making sure not to neglect the parameters of the green words. Sheesh, I feel like I'm on /r/ExplainLikeImFive. If you guys don't get it by now, there is no hope. Actually... Scratch that. I can do one last thing... I'll walk you through editing something that maybe not a lot of people dig, and that is the NoScroll. What this file does, is basically locks the ability for you to scroll in to your sniper view, or scroll out. It forces you to press shift, which I personally like a lot. To turn that off, it's pretty simple, really. Go to your C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.9.0\gui folder, and open the NoScroll.xml file. In it you will see a bunch of mumbo jumbo that really isn't important to you, like ìîäèôèêàöèÿ îòêëþ÷åíà. Don't worry about that stuff. What you want is this: . Change that from True, to False. Save the file and you're done!

You are now certified in Pilot's (Kinda) Rapid XML Learning Program. Congratulations! If you skipped all that and were rewarded a certificate that you didn't deserve, shame on you. I take your certificate back, and trade you for a cookie. You get a cookie instead of a certificate. Nothing less, nothing more.

FAQ

Q: "How do I edit (insert feature here)?"

A: Hmm... I wonder what that big string of paragraphs above me is about.

Q: "Did you make this mod?"

A: Nope. I do wonder how the mod got it's name though...

Q: "Will you continue to update this mod for future patches?"

A: WOAH I UPDATED IT TO 9.0!!!!11!1!!

Q: "It's not working! Help???"

A: Read my installation instructions. If you still can't, for some magical reason, get it to work, consult your doctor for advice.

Q: "(Insert something about a bug)"

A: I'll try to the best of my abilities to fix it ASAP.

Q: "I have a black screen when in sniper mode! H3LP!!!!!"

A: Go into your general settings tab and disable "Enable optic effects in sniper mode". Ta-da! Magic.

Q: "YOU ARE SO BAD YOU NOOB SCRUB!!1!11!"

A: That wasn't a question.

BUGS

-Minor-

• The name of your tank is replaced with your name in your damage panel.

-Major-

• N/A

DOWNLOADS

DropBox - Online - [5/12/2014]

DOWNLOAD

MediaFire - Online - [5/12/2014]

DOWNLOAD

So there it is folks. Hope you guys enjoy!

- Pilot

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any and all feedback is appreciated. If you want me to continue updating this mod, please consider giving it a . I'll probably continue updating it anyway, but seeing my work being up voted makes me feel special. :)

Tiger_721 #2 Posted Feb 14 2014 - 20:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 12880 battles

Awesome, this is my all time favorite gun sight mod! thanks for keeping it alive +1

Also, I know this is weird but how would I go about replacing the scope shadow? I don't know why but I like it. After using a different sight mod, after I heard meltymap wasn't continuing this one, I just really liked it but who knows it might have been the sight effects that had something to do with it.

Poilet #3 Posted Feb 14 2014 - 21:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20565 battles

View PostTiger_721, on Feb 14 2014 - 14:59, said:

Awesome, this is my all time favorite gun sight mod! thanks for keeping it alive +1

Also, I know this is weird but how would I go about replacing the scope shadow? I don't know why but I like it. After using a different sight mod, after I heard meltymap wasn't continuing this one, I just really liked it but who knows it might have been the sight effects that had something to do with it.

No, sorry. I am not familiar with any scope shadow mods, however I will look into where the no scope shadow file is located. Until then, hang tight!

Can't quite figure out where Melty put that .swf file... Maybe other people may have more luck. I will try when I don't have such a pounding headache...

Tiger_721 #4 Posted Feb 14 2014 - 21:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 12880 battles

View PostxXxTHEPILOTxXx, on Feb 14 2014 - 14:34, said:

No, sorry. I am not familiar with any scope shadow mods, however I will look into where the no scope shadow file is located. Until then, hang tight!

I appreciate it! 

selimsrm #5 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 04:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17076 battles

Thanks for updating Melty's.

The last I used a scope shadow mod it was ScopeShadow.swf located in gui/flash it's probably in gui/scaleform now.

leeuniverse #6 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 05:30

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

If you use a server reticle file "servercross.xml" in the scaleform folder there's an option in there to activate or deactivate the games scope shadow.

It's the "bino..." option.

Grailhammer99 #7 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 18:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 11742 battles
  • [GZRS] GZRS
I can't scroll into sniper mode from main sight how do I correct that.

Poilet #8 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 19:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20565 battles

View PostGrailhammer99, on Feb 15 2014 - 12:00, said:

I can't scroll into sniper mode from main sight how do I correct that.

That is one of the features of the mod. It is the "No Scroll" mod. To fix this you go into your C:\Games\World_of_tanks\res_mods\0.8.11\gui and open the NoScroll.xml file. Find the line that says , and set True to False. Save and make sure to restart your WoT application. Hope this helps!

Poilet #9 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 19:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20565 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Feb 14 2014 - 23:30, said:

If you use a server reticle file "servercross.xml" in the scaleform folder there's an option in there to activate or deactivate the games scope shadow.

That doesn't seem to work for me... This is a slight glitch that I may have to fix when I have time. I'll make sure to do it though.

Grailhammer99 #10 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 20:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 11742 battles
  • [GZRS] GZRS

View PostxXxTHEPILOTxXx, on Feb 15 2014 - 19:41, said:

That is one of the features of the mod. It is the "No Scroll" mod. To fix this you go into your C:\Games\World_of_tanks\res_mods\0.8.11\gui and open the NoScroll.xml file. Find the line that says , and set True to False. Save and make sure to restart your WoT application. Hope this helps!

View PostxXxTHEPILOTxXx, on Feb 15 2014 - 19:41, said:

Hey Pilot for some reason when I try to open the no scroll.xml file all I get is a white screen and that's it.

Grailhammer99 #11 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 20:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 11742 battles
  • [GZRS] GZRS
also when I press my left cntrl for comms the mini map pops up

Poilet #12 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 20:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20565 battles

View PostGrailhammer99, on Feb 15 2014 - 14:11, said:

Hey Pilot for some reason when I try to open the no scroll.xml file all I get is a white screen and that's it.

Are you opening the .xml file in a text editor like notepad? If it doesn't open in regular windows notepad (which, it should) you need to download Notepad++. Here is the link to Notepad++.

View PostGrailhammer99, on Feb 15 2014 - 14:17, said:

also when I press my left cntrl for comms the mini map pops up

If you do not want your minimap to pop up like that, again go to C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.11\gui\scaleform and open the MeltyMapProtractorSetting.xml file and find the line that says . This time it's a number instead of true or false. The number is basically a correlation to a key on your keyboard. 17, being your left CTRL key. I don't exactly know the values for every key, however if you want to turn it off completely, simply replace 17 with 0. Save, and restart WoT. That should fix it. Hope it helps! :)

EDIT: Here is the edited NoScroll.xml and MeltyMapProtractorSetting.xml, Grail. Just replace and overwrite your current NoScroll.xml and MeltyMapProtractorSetting.xml, in the areas I stated above. Have fun!

leeuniverse #13 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 20:21

Major

• Players
  • 38646 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

I've discovered that you HAVE to use Notepad ++ sometimes....  Don't know why even simple Notepad doesn't work anymore sometimes for simple code editing, never used to have a problem.

Must be weird Russian coding...  haa haa

Tiger_721 #14 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 20:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 12880 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Feb 14 2014 - 22:30, said:

This, thanks you. Except the servercross file is the gui folder not scaleform.

Poilet #15 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 20:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20565 battles

View PostTiger_721, on Feb 15 2014 - 14:26, said:

This, thanks you. Except the servercross file is the gui folder not scaleform.

Well at least he helped you. I think I will update this thread to tell people how to turn features off and edit their settings. Although, anyone who can read can edit an XML file.

View Postleeuniverse, on Feb 15 2014 - 14:21, said:

I've discovered that you HAVE to use Notepad ++ sometimes....  Don't know why even simple Notepad doesn't work anymore sometimes for simple code editing, never used to have a problem.

Must be weird Russian coding...  haa haa

And yea, haha. Turns out to be that way. XML files are a bit weird with this game, that's for sure.

Grailhammer99 #16 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 20:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 11742 battles
  • [GZRS] GZRS

View PostxXxTHEPILOTxXx, on Feb 15 2014 - 20:18, said:

Are you opening the .xml file in a text editor like notepad? If it doesn't open in regular windows notepad (which, it should) you need to download Notepad++. Here is the link to Notepad++.

If you do not want your minimap to pop up like that, again go to C:\Games\World_of_Tanks\res_mods\0.8.11\gui\scaleform and open the MeltyMapProtractorSetting.xml file and find the line that says . This time it's a number instead of true or false. The number is basically a correlation to a key on your keyboard. 17, being your left CTRL key. I don't exactly know the values for every key, however if you want to turn it off completely, simply replace 17 with 0. Save, and restart WoT. That should fix it. Hope it helps! :)

EDIT: Here is the edited NoScroll.xml and MeltyMapProtractorSetting.xml, Grail. Just replace your current NoScroll.xml and MeltyMapProtractorSetting.xml, in the areas I stated above. Have fun tanking! NoScroll.xmlMeltyMapProtractorSetting.xml

Thanks Pilot that fixed it, most appreciated.

Edited by Grailhammer99, Feb 15 2014 - 20:57.

Poilet #17 Posted Feb 15 2014 - 21:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20565 battles

View PostGrailhammer99, on Feb 15 2014 - 14:57, said:

Thanks Pilot that fixed it, most appreciated.

Anytime man! If you have anymore issues or need anything done, just holler and I'll be here. Have fun!

Poilet #18 Posted Feb 16 2014 - 02:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20565 battles

Phew. Spent all day working on this thread, now it's all nice and pretty. Hopefully people will find it more... Appealing. I even added a couple jokes here and there. ;D

I have updated all of the information, edited for grammatical fixes, made a cool graphic, added screenshots, and I uploaded a new version of the file. I fixed a bug with the zoom values being jacked up on different computers (hopefully), as I tested it on my laptop and the ratios were off. Sooo I fixed that bug... That's about it, really.

Saxxonknight #19 Posted Feb 16 2014 - 05:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 14177 battles
  • [53RD] 53RD

Thank you for the update mate.

If you like a challenge, think you can get the main feature in this one http://www.curse.com/wot-mods/worldoftanks/damage-counter-panel-ym-hit-log to work or incorporate it?  It puts a bar by each player's name on the list, so you can keep track of who the low health enemies are.  It currently overwrites the "last known position" mini-map icons and I can't get it to work.  Curse comment and message isn't working so can't contact the author.

Poilet #20 Posted Feb 16 2014 - 08:29

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20565 battles

View PostSaxxonknight, on Feb 15 2014 - 23:31, said:

Thank you for the update mate.

If you like a challenge, think you can get the main feature in this one http://www.curse.com/wot-mods/worldoftanks/damage-counter-panel-ym-hit-log to work or incorporate it?  It puts a bar by each player's name on the list, so you can keep track of who the low health enemies are.  It currently overwrites the "last known position" mini-map icons and I can't get it to work.  Curse comment and message isn't working so can't contact the author.

I like challenges, however this will make this mod dependent on another. You need XVM to run that damage panel you sent me, and I am not too keen on making MeltyMap's dependent on another mod. Considering this mod is perfect how it is right now, I'm going to try and keep it that way. Sorry, but if you really want a damage panel just download XVM and try to use it then. It may not be working because it is XVM dependent.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users