[0.9.2] bluestealth's Blue ModPack (v1.7)

Updated Sept 2nd

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

bluestealth #21 Posted Feb 18 2014 - 05:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

So looking into the damage panel mod, the error was not with the configuration file, as I initially had thought.  The error was actually made within the .fla flash source file, so this will take more time than previously implied.  I may need to make a new damage panel from scratch...

View PostLorack, on Feb 17 2014 - 14:41, said:

Any way for the damage panel to have player name and tank name instead of player name twice? Other than that, nice work. :)

View Postbluestealth, on Feb 17 2014 - 14:48, said:

Certainly.  Consider it fixed in the next iteration of the ModPack.

road_iron #22 Posted Feb 18 2014 - 16:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36901 battles
  • [JEDI] JEDI

I have a VERY bad internet speed and connection... Can you make  a lite version (smaller)

PLz plz plz plz

to me the tank carousel always runs off on the left side. dunno why.......but is not a issues to me.. and it happens after the battle.

Canadian__Bacon #23 Posted Feb 18 2014 - 20:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 8991 battles
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5
Is there a way just to get that Leo1 skin somewhere? I googled it and 90% of links are russian which I don't understand :( dat leo skin though....so sexah

bluestealth #24 Posted Feb 19 2014 - 01:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postroad_iron, on Feb 18 2014 - 10:31, said:

I have a VERY bad internet speed and connection... Can you make  a lite version (smaller)

PLz plz plz plz

to me the tank carousel always runs off on the left side. dunno why.......but is not a issues to me.. and it happens after the battle.

There is a lite version.  The first link is only a ~100mb download.  That's as small as it can get.

As for the tank carousel issue you mention, I am aware of it and I have it listed within the bugs spoiler within my original post.  Unfortunately it appears to be an issue with the mod scripting itself, and is not something I can fix.  On the other hand, it is a very minor issue as it barely runs off, just a couple mm's.

bluestealth #25 Posted Feb 19 2014 - 02:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

Update* 

I have uploaded optional RED colors for enemies to the original post.  You can now find a download link to this addon, along with a short description of what it does.  Installation instructions are included within the download.

Feedback as to whether or not this remedies the differentiation issues between allies and enemies would be very helpful for me.

Thanks all.

TexPantego #26 Posted Feb 19 2014 - 06:47

Captain

• Players
  • 20982 battles
  • [JIMBO] JIMBO
Your essentials link is now downloading another mod pack, not the blue stealth one.

bluestealth #27 Posted Feb 19 2014 - 07:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostTexPantego, on Feb 19 2014 - 00:47, said:

Your essentials link is now downloading another mod pack, not the blue stealth one.

The one thats labelled "Essentials Only"?  It is working properly for me.

DyingDyingDead #28 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 01:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20469 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

Question+ Bump for an awesome mod (which I will probably be downloading soon depending upon the answers to this question).

I prefer meltys mathmod to jimbos, not only do I prefer the actual look (which is blue:P) but it includes two things essential for me when it comes to reticle mods: zoom and server side reticle. I was thinking I would just download the mod pack, look up jimbos files and take those out of your mod pack and replace em with meltys, is there any reason this wont work (could only think because its an custom version of jimbos?). If not is there any simple way to add server side reticule (as you said you can add zoom without any difficulties). I feel not only will I benefit from your answer but I'm sure there's others who are reluctant to switch from meltys.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm no where close to computer tech status and have had to reinstall this game many times due to trying to Jerry rig modpacks and doing it wrong:/

Crypticshock #29 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 06:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7972 battles

Just installed the red over the purple... much, much better!

How do I get rid of the "dead white tanks" - Just remove the destroyed tank folders?

bluestealth #30 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 08:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostCrypticshock, on Feb 20 2014 - 00:18, said:

Just installed the red over the purple... much, much better!

How do I get rid of the "dead white tanks" - Just remove the destroyed tank folders?

Crypticshock,

You would need to do the following BEFORE installing this modpack:

Block Quote

{1} Navigate to the folder [1] Essentials/res_mods/0.8.11/vehicles

and delete the folder named "vehicles".  

{2} Install ModPack normally

The vehicles folder includes a folder for each tank in the game, along with each tank's crash.dds file (artasan's white death mod).  Deleting every custom crash.dds file will remove the white death mod completely.  I stress doing this before you install the modpack, as there are files in the ModPack folder "[4] Custom Tank Models" that puts remodel files in the "vehicles" folder.  Therefore, if you delete the vehicles folder after you install the ModPack, you may delete any vehicle remodels you have installed.

Hope this helps, and let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Also, if enough people dislike the white death mod, I will make it an optional component folder within the download.

bluestealth #31 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 12:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostDyingDyingDead, on Feb 19 2014 - 19:49, said:

Question+ Bump for an awesome mod (which I will probably be downloading soon depending upon the answers to this question).

I prefer meltys mathmod to jimbos, not only do I prefer the actual look (which is blue:P) but it includes two things essential for me when it comes to reticle mods: zoom and server side reticle. I was thinking I would just download the mod pack, look up jimbos files and take those out of your mod pack and replace em with meltys, is there any reason this wont work (could only think because its an custom version of jimbos?). If not is there any simple way to add server side reticule (as you said you can add zoom without any difficulties). I feel not only will I benefit from your answer but I'm sure there's others who are reluctant to switch from meltys.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm no where close to computer tech status and have had to reinstall this game many times due to trying to Jerry rig modpacks and doing it wrong:/

Hey,

First off, there is a server-side reticle built into Jimb0's crosshair, provided you have it turned on in the in-game settings.  Second, Jimb0's crosshair mod has several optional files packaged with it (download from curse).  They are:

-Zoom addon

-No dynamic cam shake

-no dynamic cam shake + zoom addon

If you downloaded Jimb0's crosshair from curse, and installed the third optional that I listed above, you should be able to have the two things you mentioned, that you wanted.  All you would have to do is overwrite one file after installing my modpack, avatar_input_handler, and you would be set.

I hope that answers your questions.  If not, let me know.

bluestealth #32 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 12:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Post42FldGnr, on Feb 18 2014 - 14:53, said:

Is there a way just to get that Leo1 skin somewhere? I googled it and 90% of links are russian which I don't understand :( dat leo skin though....so sexah

It is included in the full version of my modpack.  Here is a direct link to it.

Crypticshock #33 Posted Feb 23 2014 - 07:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7972 battles

Thanks! Got rid of the white tank... Was never a fan of the white tank mod...

bluestealth #34 Posted Feb 23 2014 - 13:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

Just a quick update for everyone.

-I have recently been troubleshooting some lag issues for myself, and some of the problem may be coming from the Audio Optionals, because of the way I install them into the res_mods directory and not the res/audio/ directory.  It is hard to say whether or not the lag is being caused by this, as I am still getting packet loss and input lag from the WG servers.  However, if you are getting lag beyond what is normal for you, try uninstalling the audio optionals in the modpack.  For anyone unsure of what to delete if you find you need to, delete the following folders:

\res_mods\0.8.11\audio

\res_mods\0.8.11\scripts\item_defs

-Also, I have added a new "Skip Intro" script to the modpack, and it will be included within the next iteration, v1.1.  This mod completely skips any intro videos you may still have after installing my ModPack.  What this means, provided the game auto connects to the correct server (East, West, etc) and you have auto-login enabled (on by default in ModPack), then you will be taken directly into your garage after starting the game up, without any additional button clicks or typing.

Been having a busy week with classes, so not a lot got done this week.  Thanks all, and keep the comments and questions coming.

bluestealth #35 Posted Mar 03 2014 - 10:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

A bit of an update for you folks that care:

First off, to address those who wanted some new flags for their tech garage from this modpack, I have found new flags for it that I will be testing this week.  Something that is a little more nation-neutral.  Also, version 1.1 is on the horizon, which will include several bugfixes, a new mod, and alterations to the XVM configuration.  A complete changelog will be provided here and with the download once 1.1 has been published.  Expect it within a week provided everything goes swimmingly.  Thanks, and as always, please leave for me any questions or comments you have.

Steel_Bug #36 Posted Mar 03 2014 - 18:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 14529 battles

I am probably blind or worse but can't locate the install instructions for the full download.  I have unziped it but can't find you instructions.  The Alternate colors have instructions so I assumed you used the same convention for the full monte download.  So please help me out.

Thanks

bluestealth #37 Posted Mar 03 2014 - 21:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostSteel_Bug, on Mar 03 2014 - 12:53, said:

I am probably blind or worse but can't locate the install instructions for the full download.  I have unziped it but can't find you instructions.  The Alternate colors have instructions so I assumed you used the same convention for the full monte download.  So please help me out.

Thanks

In the root directory of the unzipped folder, there will be a file called "Installation & ReadMe".  Simply open this up in a program such as notepad, and scroll down to the installation instructions.  Hope that helps; if not, let me know.

bluestealth #38 Posted Mar 04 2014 - 07:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

Attached File  v1.0-1.1.pdf   48.7K   0 downloads

Preliminary update notes.  I am happy with these changes for v1.1, and it will be uploaded once I finish preparing it.

bluestealth #39 Posted Mar 08 2014 - 07:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

Version 1.1 of Blue ModPack has been released!  Check the initial post to find details of the patch, including a video, along with the new download links.

As always, please leave any questions/comments you have either here, or on my youTube channel.  Thanks, guys.

bluestealth #40 Posted Mar 08 2014 - 23:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25372 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

In light of Sela being banned last night for 1 week after streaming some gameplay with illegal mods, I have taken preventative measures and removed 2 mods from my ModPack which have even a remote chance of being construed as illegal.  The mods I removed, 2 texture mods, I view as aesthetic changes to the game, but I want to protect anyone using this ModPack to the best of my ability.  If a clarification from WG on specific mods that are disallowed/allowed is made in future, I will re-add said 2 mods if they are deemed legal.  The two mods removed can be viewed on the original post, as they have been struck through on the modlist. 

Just to be clear, Sela was banned using mods which are not and have never been part of this ModPack, but the measures I took were simply precautionary.

I will be glad to take any questions you guys have, and I hope you continue to enjoy my ModPack.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users