Radar mods need to be on BANNED list

mods banned radar

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

JohnDoeTank #41 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 02:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 49639 battles

Someone using mods complaining about someone else using mods?

Edited by JohnDoeTank, Feb 20 2014 - 02:02.

Zhao_Zilong #42 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 02:05

Captain

• Players
  • 36235 battles
  • [5TIGR] 5TIGR

Most ppl are too silly or too predictable in their movement. I've blind-fired-and-killed quite a few people (and I play tanks, since I don't play arties). Most of the time all I have to think about

"That target tank is a noob. I've seen thousands of noobs thousands of times. What would they do? Where would they be, even if I can't see them?" and aim and "boom!" and get called a hacker.

Yes I certainly used a hack, it's called "Noob mind-reading module".

fsjd #43 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 10611 battles
  • [TT] TT

View Postranger614, on Feb 19 2014 - 18:50, said:

for one radar mods are not allowed and are a banable offense. anything that changes the game mechanics to show where a tank is even when he should be invisible is considered cheating. for another i have the feeling that you were spotted longer then you knew or the artillery predicted where you were going to be. ive done this on several occasions and hit unspotted tanks.

not to mention it would be stupidly hard to pull off.

the client doesn't get tank-spotted info AT ALL unless the tank is actually spotted.

so in order to render un-spotted targets, you would have to hack into the server itself and find a data steam for one of the enemy players.

all without their safeguards catching you and bringing down the banhammer.

View Postdeathseeker57, on Feb 19 2014 - 19:13, said:

GG was close. and I heard of something called skill. but they haven't found a way to ban it on NA server due to privacy laws. GG. plz ban good players from game. was close

skill.exe. best hack NA.

grows with knowledge.dat and experience.RAM.

wondering where these files are at?

http://your.brain.net

there should also be a circuit breaker for the higher reasoning and logic servers somewhere in the above site.

try turning it ON.

Edited by fsjd, Feb 20 2014 - 02:09.

Asassian7 #44 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 02:17

Major

• Players
  • 25484 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO
I googled it.on the first 2 pages all I found was different versions of last know positions on the minimap for XVM and one site that had what you explained but hasnt been updated since 7.4.   the problem with what you described is that info is handled by the server, if the server says the client shouldn-t have that info the client wont have that info. and even if someone made a mod that was able to get thw info from the server it would be detected and the player banned within days.

xTANKYOUDOWNx #45 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 02:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24607 battles
  • [SMIRK] SMIRK
why use "radar mode" when you could get heartbeat sensor with warhak

aswitz87 #46 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 02:20

Major

• Players
  • 5921 battles
OP, unless you provide some proof of your rantings (like a replay) it will be considered that you are simply denying that you didn't notice you were still spotted by players with better knowledge of the spotting mechanics than you.

CanadianGuitar #47 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 02:26

Major

• Players
  • 33488 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Feb 19 2014 - 20:49, said:

NO I was on Karelia. I was fighting near the mouth of the stream, drove along 9 line route around the 1st mound the to the new boulder. Hid for 5 secs then ran up the doughnut as fast as I could go with out a driver; made the top near where their is no trees or crap to break or destroy and stopped to look at mini-map to see if I was followed, then drove 3 meters and was hit by arty. NO 6th sense went off as normal. You can troll how ever and what ever, but there is a new mod and it will get you too.

How nice of you to continuously ignore requests for a replay

ThePigSheFlies #48 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 04:21

Major

• Players
  • 75803 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

I blind fired and killed a full health black prince with a single shot in my su-8 on maliknova about 13 months ago.

he had been lit while moving shortly after I had already fired so what some 45 seconds later, plus aim bloom I took a wild guess at roughly where he would be.

crap happens, this was when I wasn't even running a single mod for what little it's worth to you OP, perhaps if you had your tinfoil hat on INGAME instead of INFORUMS then you wouldn't have gotten nuked.

#Where'sTheReplay

ya know what, screw the replay, let's see the arty stats of the user (grey out his name) so we can see how many billions of damage/game he must surely get if he knows where enemy tanks are with radar...

B_Wilco #49 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 04:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19036 battles
  • [42G0] 42G0
He got lucky and you got whacked. It's not impossible, and no mod exist that can gather and display the true position of a non-spotted tank. There are mods that show last known position, but if you were spotted going in to cover chances are the enemy was already aiming at you and made a guess at where you will be. Doesn't make him a cheater just a mix of about 10% skill and 90% luck.

Edited by B_Wilco, Feb 20 2014 - 04:48.

_CastAway_ #50 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 04:49

Captain

• Players
  • 7883 battles
ALLLLRIIIGGHHHTY THEN!

Rockstarx1 #51 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 07:11

Captain

• ESL Employee
  • 34474 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

OP, you need to post a replays and proof or stop complaining. Because right now, most of us are just assuming you dont have 6th sense, you dont understand spotting mechanics, and you haven't spend a great deal of time in top tier arty to know what they are capable off. I did research for a good while and found nothing out there on the internet to suggest there is any sort of arty assisting GPS cheat/mod like you are describing. 

Because right now you saying this is happening is as believable as me saying I saw Bigfoot in my back yard and had a sandwich with him, but I didn't shoot him or take a picture and no one saw me... 

Edited by Rockstarx1, Feb 20 2014 - 07:12.

FlorbFnarb #52 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 07:18

Major

• Players
  • 20524 battles

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Feb 19 2014 - 18:16, said:

This is [edited]. I had a game where arty had me in his sight, got away hid for 5 secs then drove for 10 not lighting or 6th sense going off; ARTY finishes me off. I have the mods and knew where all 4 of their tanks were, knew where arty was shooting me from. That slow B1 was a kid playing and took off in the other direction from me. HOW DID ARTY FIND ME, New mod called radar mod. That's [edited]and it needs to be banned A.S.A.P.!!!!!

What "radar mod" are you talking about?

Conman107t #53 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 07:20

Major

• Players
  • 19157 battles

View PostFlorbFnarb, on Feb 20 2014 - 07:18, said:

What "radar mod" are you talking about?

Florb that many games and you still don't know about game breaking mods ?

Quite sad... With half the mods you can spot a tank without him even getting lit these days....

supershutze #54 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 07:21

Major

• Players
  • 4723 battles

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Feb 19 2014 - 15:18, said:

It is a mod that lets arty track you no matter what once your lit up on the map. THAT crap!!!!!

So can you explain to us how that works, considering the server controls what you see at all times?

leeuniverse #55 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 07:50

Major

• Players
  • 39355 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

View Postddilyddily, on Feb 19 2014 - 16:33, said:

Tickle Tickle Tickle!!!!

Dang that is SO CUTE.....  What is that, I want one????

FlorbFnarb #56 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 07:53

Major

• Players
  • 20524 battles

View Postlowbal, on Feb 20 2014 - 01:20, said:

Florb that many games and you still don't know about game breaking mods ?

Quite sad... With half the mods you can spot a tank without him even getting lit these days....

There are no mods that let you see everybody.  That is impossible, because a mod can only work with the information your computer has - and if the server determines you can't see somebody, it simply doesn't pass that tank's location to your client program.

To do what you're suggesting, a person couldn't just mod their own client program, they'd have to actually hack the server and alter the system on the server.  Nobody is doing that.

Conman107t #57 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 08:09

Major

• Players
  • 19157 battles

View PostFlorbFnarb, on Feb 20 2014 - 07:53, said:

There are no mods that let you see everybody.  That is impossible, because a mod can only work with the information your computer has - and if the server determines you can't see somebody, it simply doesn't pass that tank's location to your client program.

To do what you're suggesting, a person couldn't just mod their own client program, they'd have to actually hack the server and alter the system on the server.  Nobody is doing that.

Even as a upcoming blueberry, you still are un-aware what the purple boys are running these days half the time huh ?

Mini-map mod to show reloads as they are happening.

Mini-map mod to show where enemy tanks are facing

Mini-map mod to show where your arty is looking

Red dots from trees where the enemy shot from... yes real hard to not to see where the gun fire is coming from....

So yes they are not spotted, but you still can get the benefit of knowing where the fire is coming from with stupid ease.

Need I go on ?

Or how about the newest one that uses the warcrap (:tongue:) scripts + a sixth sense combo to alert you when an enemy is aimed in on you from their own point of view..

Do mods need to be regulated ? I'm hoping so.

No I won't post any SS as we both know WG would just ban the moron posting a picture instead of fixing the mods themselves...

WulfeHound #58 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 08:16

Major

• Players
  • 12919 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Replay please?

Tazilon #59 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 08:19

Major

• Players
  • 94130 battles
  • [-40-] -40-

View Postlowbal, on Feb 20 2014 - 07:09, said:

Even as a upcoming blueberry, you still are un-aware what the purple boys are running these days half the time huh ?

Mini-map mod to show reloads as they are happening.

Mini-map mod to show where enemy tanks are facing

Mini-map mod to show where your arty is looking

Red dots from trees where the enemy shot from... yes real hard to not to see where the gun fire is coming from....

So yes they are not spotted, but you still can get the benefit of knowing where the fire is coming from with stupid ease.

Need I go on ?

Or how about the newest one that uses the warcrap (:tongue:) scripts + a sixth sense combo to alert you when an enemy is aimed in on you from their own point of view..

Do mods need to be regulated ? I'm hoping so.

No I won't post any SS as we both know WG would just ban the moron posting a picture instead of fixing the mods themselves...

Totally agree - there are mods out there that give the users more info than they should have access to.  Wargaming is losing control of their game by not addressing the issue.

Beerstein #60 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 10:18

Major

• Players
  • 18655 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE

Without going into details lowbal is sadly correct and these issues need to be curbed by WG, hopefully by the time they get to 9.0 we'll see some sort of heavy regulation on mods. I personally don't use them but I do know of their existence, the plus side is I don't think they're very widely used at the moment. The one everyone has heard of that you have to pay for I'm pretty sure isn't that bad from what I've heard but some of the others ARE that bad. I didn't want to go into any more detail for obvious reasons. I just know what's out there, and thankfully I don't think most DO know, or would even begin to know where to look. I'm sure WG also knows and keep in mind 9.0 is supposed to be a MASSIVE overhaul.

I'm definitely going to say that I 100% support wargaming regulating mods and requiring them to be officially submitted and accepted to even work. An in game userface to browse and add/remove them (with warnings that they may interfere with eachother) would be preferable allowing for easy use for everyone.

Also tagged with mods, banned, radar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users