Jump to content


Radar mods need to be on BANNED list

mods banned radar

  • Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Geophage #61 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 13:58

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17259 battles
  • 479
  • Member since:
    10-16-2012
After reading the OP, my stockbroker recommends buying Reynold's Wrap.

Tarho #62 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 15:07

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42250 battles
  • 1,412
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    06-25-2011
So what lowbal all of us purples aren't only good because of these mods all "purples" use. Jeez man most of te purpose I know play modless because they are to lazy to reinstall every patch. Besides who needs mods anyway the game provides more then enough info. Tbh most be people with all the mods aren't even that good.

LtStaffel #63 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 15:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 9957 battles
  • 1,024
  • [FUWG] FUWG
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Feb 20 2014 - 00:16, said:

This is [edited]. I had a game where arty had me in his sight, got away hid for 5 secs then drove for 10 not lighting or 6th sense going off; ARTY finishes me off. I have the mods and knew where all 4 of their tanks were, knew where arty was shooting me from. That slow B1 was a kid playing and took off in the other direction from me. HOW DID ARTY FIND ME, New mod called radar mod. That's [edited]and it needs to be banned A.S.A.P.!!!!!


I don't know if maybe he had Designated target?  I know that even if he did you should have unlit but maybe that helped him determine the direction you were going, then he reloaded and hit you?  Maybe?



seanboud #64 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 15:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 20461 battles
  • 312
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

I can anticipate and guess fairly well and have blind shotted plenty of armor while playing arty. If you are headed towards cover, a bush, or somewhere out of direct LOS when camo kicks in, I look at my time of flight and drop a round where I think you're going to be.

 

No mod needed. You just got taken to school.



Scotty_SE #65 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 16:45

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12022 battles
  • 1,275
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

People who play arty enough learn the trick of shooting behind a moving a moving target if it's moving towards the arty unit, not directly at it. Because of the inherently low trajectory of arty shells the ballastics give you an advantage of being able to shoot into a really long ellipse and don't have to directly target the enemy tank at all. Just 'shoot through it'. The kill zone for arty with close targets is essentially a few dozen meters long if arty does it right. Target can be anywhere in the ellipse and it's dead.

 

The elevated CAPs on Karelia make this really easy. 6th sense isn't totally reliable either.

 

Where's the link to that sonar Mod? Might help me locate Togs faster.



Spanktankk #66 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 16:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 37047 battles
  • 11,110
  • [KFB] KFB
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View PostSilkySmooth, on Feb 19 2014 - 18:18, said:

 

What about my sonar mod - Is that ok? 

Only if you're driving a TOG.



rlzgotribe #67 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 16:54

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 7421 battles
  • 296
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostSilkySmooth, on Feb 20 2014 - 00:18, said:

 

What about my sonar mod - Is that ok?

Only with the TOG



FlorbFnarb #68 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 17:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 20517 battles
  • 35,844
  • Member since:
    08-02-2012

View PostBeerstein, on Feb 20 2014 - 04:18, said:

Without going into details lowbal is sadly correct and these issues need to be curbed by WG, hopefully by the time they get to 9.0 we'll see some sort of heavy regulation on mods. I personally don't use them but I do know of their existence, the plus side is I don't think they're very widely used at the moment. The one everyone has heard of that you have to pay for I'm pretty sure isn't that bad from what I've heard but some of the others ARE that bad. I didn't want to go into any more detail for obvious reasons. I just know what's out there, and thankfully I don't think most DO know, or would even begin to know where to look. I'm sure WG also knows and keep in mind 9.0 is supposed to be a MASSIVE overhaul.

 

I'm definitely going to say that I 100% support wargaming regulating mods and requiring them to be officially submitted and accepted to even work. An in game userface to browse and add/remove them (with warnings that they may interfere with eachother) would be preferable allowing for easy use for everyone.

 

That would end up being a bureaucratic nightmare.



Rockstarx1 #69 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 17:59

    Captain

  • ESL Employee
  • 34474 battles
  • 1,724
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    10-13-2011

View Postlowbal, on Feb 20 2014 - 08:09, said:

 

Even as a upcoming blueberry, you still are un-aware what the purple boys are running these days half the time huh ?

 

Mini-map mod to show reloads as they are happening.

Mini-map mod to show where enemy tanks are facing

Mini-map mod to show where your arty is looking

Red dots from trees where the enemy shot from... yes real hard to not to see where the gun fire is coming from....

 

So yes they are not spotted, but you still can get the benefit of knowing where the fire is coming from with stupid ease.

 

Need I go on ?

 

Or how about the newest one that uses the warcrap (:tongue:) scripts + a sixth sense combo to alert you when an enemy is aimed in on you from their own point of view..

 

Do mods need to be regulated ? I'm hoping so.

 

No I won't post any SS as we both know WG would just ban the moron posting a picture instead of fixing the mods themselves...

While i agree with you, this is all data that is gathered from your client(I believe) and mods i've heard of before just choose not to run. Stuff like the reload timers arent 100% accurate from what I've heard. They dont account for diffrent configurations(ramers, BIA, vents etc.) 

 

There still is no proof of any mod that shows arty where the other team is AT ALL times even when not lit like the OP suggest. 


Edited by Rockstarx1, Feb 20 2014 - 18:02.


Rowstralker #70 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 18:30

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21727 battles
  • 373
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011
Some of the most feared Arty platters around indeed two key pieces of information. First there are all sorts of objects that break when s tank diver his them. Fences and such give you away more than actual sitting does and when you as the diver just keep on driving in a straight line it is easy to figure out where to fire. This leads to the second piece of info. Great and good Arty drivers know how to lead a target. Do so running over breakable objects and don't airways drive in a straight line and you will find Arty during where you would have been if you ignored this advice

Conman107t #71 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 19:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 19157 battles
  • 2,443
  • Member since:
    01-06-2014

View PostBeerstein, on Feb 20 2014 - 10:18, said:

Without going into details lowbal is sadly correct and these issues need to be curbed by WG, hopefully by the time they get to 9.0 we'll see some sort of heavy regulation on mods. I personally don't use them but I do know of their existence, the plus side is I don't think they're very widely used at the moment. The one everyone has heard of that you have to pay for I'm pretty sure isn't that bad from what I've heard but some of the others ARE that bad. I didn't want to go into any more detail for obvious reasons. I just know what's out there, and thankfully I don't think most DO know, or would even begin to know where to look. I'm sure WG also knows and keep in mind 9.0 is supposed to be a MASSIVE overhaul.

 

I'm definitely going to say that I 100% support wargaming regulating mods and requiring them to be officially submitted and accepted to even work. An in game userface to browse and add/remove them (with warnings that they may interfere with eachother) would be preferable allowing for easy use for everyone.

 

Nice to see some good players are in it to make the game better instead of shoving items under the rug... A regulated mod system would do wonders... and Yes while crappack as I like to call was paid, there are a quite a few authors that have already re-did the scripts into other mods and there are some crazy interesting ones floating on the RU server but not mainstream....

 

View PostTarho, on Feb 20 2014 - 15:07, said:

So what lowbal all of us purples aren't only good because of these mods all "purples" use. Jeez man most of te purpose I know play modless because they are to lazy to reinstall every patch. Besides who needs mods anyway the game provides more then enough info. Tbh most be people with all the mods aren't even that good.

 

I never said purples are good because of the mods but they know how to abuse the system to a higher degree..... hence why they are good in the 1st place.

Let's face it some mods do allow a purple to abuse situations just a tad more than a worthless red....

80%+ of the player base still doesn't understand camo abuse meta..... :izmena:

 

 

View PostRockstarx1, on Feb 20 2014 - 17:59, said:

While i agree with you, this is all data that is gathered from your client(I believe) and mods i've heard of before just choose not to run. Stuff like the reload timers arent 100% accurate from what I've heard. They dont account for diffrent configurations(ramers, BIA, vents etc.) 

 

There still is no proof of any mod that shows arty where the other team is AT ALL times even when not lit like the OP suggest. 

 

Oh darn the waffle hit reload now instead of knowing his exact reload time..... the mod user will have to make due knowing that the waffle is reloading for approximately 50 seconds. :teethhappy:

 

Ya I can see how this is information is next to useless since it's not an exact time....



Painbringer71 #72 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 19:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 53519 battles
  • 6,680
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    05-22-2012

It hovers the bloom over the target

It waits for bloom to zoom in on target

Target disappears from sight

It remembers the direction of targets travel

It uses the landscape to determine where it went or can go

It watches everything in the area to see it gets knocked down it

It takes a risk and clicks

It unleashes its shell

It watches its shell tracer disappear from view 

It puts a smile on its face

 

 

P.S. It waits for target to post in the forum and rage about it

 

It puts a smile on its face

 

 


Edited by Painbringer71, Feb 20 2014 - 19:49.


Tarho #73 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 19:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42250 battles
  • 1,412
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
  • Member since:
    06-25-2011
That's fair I do agree some mods are a lil ridiculous like the x30 zoom that is cheaty. But most of the I map mods don't bother because I feel like a radioman would tell me it's a heavy tank, what kind it is and it's last known. Seems standard. But that turret looking mod is be and that x30 zoom that's be to

Rockstarx1 #74 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 21:46

    Captain

  • ESL Employee
  • 34474 battles
  • 1,724
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    10-13-2011

View Postlowbal, on Feb 20 2014 - 19:36, said:

 

 

 

Oh darn the waffle hit reload now instead of knowing his exact reload time..... the mod user will have to make due knowing that the waffle is reloading for approximately 50 seconds. :teethhappy:

 

Ya I can see how this is information is next to useless since it's not an exact time....

 

 

We are talking about reloads of other tanks arent we? not our own? We have built in reload counters now that work and adjust for everything. Reload mods that predict other players reloads have no way of knowing if an auto loader has reloaded short of firing his whole clip off. 

 

 

Anyways im not sure what your getting at here. A good player, or blue player as you put it, should know other tanks reloads and not need a mod for that one, especially sense the mods are just estimating and have no way of knowing for sure as every case is different. All that aside it has nothing to do with the OPs topic. This is not the "Radar cheat" the OP claims is out there and has posted no proof off.



Bubba187 #75 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 21:54

    Captain

  • Players
  • 46583 battles
  • 1,926
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    03-06-2013

Maybe arty was actually shooting at your previous location and with all the random shot misses (well out of aiming area) he actually lucked into a shot on you.  Meaning he missed his intended target, but his miss actually found your new position. 

Conman107t #76 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 22:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 19157 battles
  • 2,443
  • Member since:
    01-06-2014

View PostRockstarx1, on Feb 20 2014 - 21:46, said:

We are talking about reloads of other tanks arent we? not our own? We have built in reload counters now that work and adjust for everything. Reload mods that predict other players reloads have no way of knowing if an auto loader has reloaded short of firing his whole clip off. 

 

Anyways im not sure what your getting at here. A good player, or blue player as you put it, should know other tanks reloads and not need a mod for that one, especially sense the mods are just estimating and have no way of knowing for sure as every case is different. All that aside it has nothing to do with the OPs topic. This is not the "Radar cheat" the OP claims is out there and has posted no proof off.

 

Let me spell it out..... You are in any auto-loader, let's take the t57 for instance.

 

You empty 2-3 rounds move back a bit but are still being spotted on the mini-map..... you click "reload".... The mod user knows you are reloading now...long as you hit reload while "spotted".  You think this is good for the game ?

 

My point is some mods now days are moving way beyond "just information" . there are a selection of mods now that show enemy fire, where it's coming from and the exact location down to a red dot on your screen.

 

While I doubt arty could track him after he disappears from the mini-map, arty can track targets with a nice red dot (in arty view) if he fired and tracked the tracer and arty was still looking then took a good random shot.

 

Without a replay who knows but knowing what is out there some mods are clearly on the edge of "just information".



OttoT #77 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 22:38

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 49054 battles
  • 3,112
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
  • Member since:
    10-10-2010

View PostBeerstein, on Feb 19 2014 - 14:19, said:

 

annnd back to my artillery grind. P.S. I whacked someone yesterday on the move because he was dumb enough to knock over a tiny wooden fence even though he wasn't spotted. How? Because I knew what tank he was driving due to a spot a while before, and which direction he was likely going. From there it's not very hard to figure it out. Just saying.


+1



Skpstr #78 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 23:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 13813 battles
  • 10,981
  • Member since:
    07-03-2011
lowbal said:

Quote

You empty 2-3 rounds move back a bit but are still being spotted on the mini-map..... you click "reload".... The mod user knows you are reloading now...long as you hit reload while "spotted".  You think this is good for the game ?
Doesn't work that way. The server doesn't tell the other player's client that you are reloading your clip, because it doesn't need that info. That's why the currently available enemy reload timers aren't accurate, because your client doesn't know what equipment and skills the other tank has, but it does know what the reload time for that tank with 100% crew is, because you have that info in the tech tree. It can use that because, in a non-autoloader tank, you automatically reload every time you fire.

Uber_Dawg #79 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 23:15

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 940 battles
  • 211
  • Member since:
    01-02-2012

View Postfsjd, on Feb 20 2014 - 02:08, said:

 

skill.exe. best hack NA.

 

Could you please post a link?



SlyGambit #80 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 23:30

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29806 battles
  • 1,859
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    07-23-2013

View Postlowbal, on Feb 20 2014 - 16:38, said:

 

Let me spell it out..... You are in any auto-loader, let's take the t57 for instance.

 

You empty 2-3 rounds move back a bit but are still being spotted on the mini-map..... you click "reload".... The mod user knows you are reloading now...long as you hit reload while "spotted".  You think this is good for the game ?

 

My point is some mods now days are moving way beyond "just information" . there are a selection of mods now that show enemy fire, where it's coming from and the exact location down to a red dot on your screen.

 

While I doubt arty could track him after he disappears from the mini-map, arty can track targets with a nice red dot (in arty view) if he fired and tracked the tracer and arty was still looking then took a good random shot.

 

Without a replay who knows but knowing what is out there some mods are clearly on the edge of "just information".

 

Just spent a little bit of time with Google and figured out kinda what you're talking about.  It looks like if you're spotted by the enemy AND you radio to your teammates that you are reloading some hacker mods will show that you're reloading on the minimap.  So it's the radio 'Reloading!' action that tells them - not the actual act of reloading.

 

Good info to know.  Now I'm going to click 'reloading' when I have a full clip in my autoloader and I'm sure I'm spotted.  Any morons using that hack will blindly charge at me and eat a full clip.

 

Hopefully WG is doing something to better protect the radio communcations as it is transmitted from the server.  They'd adjusted their game to minimize exposure to hacks like this before (they made it so arty tracers aren't seen if someone zooms out too far) so I'm sure they can do it.  Just be nice if they did.







Also tagged with mods, banned, radar

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users