• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Rockstarx1 #81 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 00:48

Captain

• ESL Employee
  • 34285 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostSlyGambit, on Feb 20 2014 - 23:30, said:

Just spent a little bit of time with Google and figured out kinda what you're talking about.  It looks like if you're spotted by the enemy AND you radio to your teammates that you are reloading some hacker mods will show that you're reloading on the minimap.  So it's the radio 'Reloading!' action that tells them - not the actual act of reloading.

Good info to know.  Now I'm going to click 'reloading' when I have a full clip in my autoloader and I'm sure I'm spotted.  Any morons using that hack will blindly charge at me and eat a full clip.

Hopefully WG is doing something to better protect the radio communcations as it is transmitted from the server.  They'd adjusted their game to minimize exposure to hacks like this before (they made it so arty tracers aren't seen if someone zooms out too far) so I'm sure they can do it.  Just be nice if they did.

This is what my impression was. From my understanding of these reload timer mods its not possible for them to know exact timers. They ether guess off seeing the other tank fire and esimate its reload based on tank type, or use a method like you describe up above. 

Edited by Rockstarx1, Feb 21 2014 - 00:49.

phantmjokr #82 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 00:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 4088 battles

I have just come to the conclusion that the more I critically consider WG.net games, the unhappier I am. I started down that path, and now, I just don't. WG is hot now and has lots of players, that's a thing unto itself(any doubt we're pack animals?), as soon as I start to consider how these games are built and run I get terribly irked. Warplanes is less aggravating at the moment mostly because I never enter a match feeling nearly as useless as in some tanks/matchup with WoT MM.

So you come to a conclusion. The world is only as fair as we make it. And its called "playing a game". "playing". So I play. And I try and get better and win, and yet from what I know of the mods, I ain't playing the same game as others. So what?

These games are far far far from what would be a HC sim. They are arcade stuff. You might as well be playing Mortal Combat as a good sim. And yet a real good sim is going to have historical elements of being unfair, outmatched, and so on to the point of being unplayable. The whole camo, spotting, and target lock stuff is all kinda [edited]from a sim standpoint. Mods just follow on and build on that... 

Private_Public #83 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 00:59

Major

• Players
  • 38083 battles
  • [RDTT2] RDTT2

View Postphantmjokr, on Feb 20 2014 - 18:55, said:

I have just come to the conclusion that the more I critically consider WG.net games, the unhappier I am. I started down that path, and now, I just don't. WG is hot now and has lots of players, that's a thing unto itself(any doubt we're pack animals?), as soon as I start to consider how these games are built and run I get terribly irked. Warplanes is less aggravating at the moment mostly because I never enter a match feeling nearly as useless as in some tanks/matchup with WoT MM.

So you come to a conclusion. The world is only as fair as we make it. And its called "playing a game". "playing". So I play. And I try and get better and win, and yet from what I know of the mods, I ain't playing the same game as others. So what?

These games are far far far from what would be a HC sim. They are arcade stuff. You might as well be playing Mortal Combat as a good sim. And yet a real good sim is going to have historical elements of being unfair, outmatched, and so on to the point of being unplayable. The whole camo, spotting, and target lock stuff is all kinda [edited]from a sim standpoint. Mods just follow on and build on that... 

You are in the minority, then.  There is a reason realism sims of warfare in general do not sell very well, whereas arcadey-action games like CoD, Battlefield, and World of Tanks rake in money hand-over-fist.  People don't want realism/sims aside from just enough there for us to say "see, see!  it looks real, but it is so freakin' awesome and fun to play!".  Realistic combat games tend to be very boring.

M__A__G__A #84 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 02:42

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 72328 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15

View PostPipinghot, on Feb 19 2014 - 18:43, said:

Nope, and with 27k games you should know better.

That's the sad part! He never will!

Conman107t #85 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 03:06

Major

• Players
  • 19112 battles

View PostSkpstr, on Feb 20 2014 - 23:05, said:

lowbal said:
You empty 2-3 rounds move back a bit but are still being spotted on the mini-map..... you click "reload".... The mod user knows you are reloading now...long as you hit reload while "spotted".  You think this is good for the game ?
Doesn't work that way. The server doesn't tell the other player's client that you are reloading your clip, because it doesn't need that info. That's why the currently available enemy reload timers aren't accurate, because your client doesn't know what equipment and skills the other tank has, but it does know what the reload time for that tank with 100% crew is, because you have that info in the tech tree. It can use that because, in a non-autoloader tank, you automatically reload every time you fire.

Congrats on looking up the mainstream one... yes it's flawed in that regard but who in their right mind would use the old version? and now you know why people like me would advocate regulating mods, because the playing field is starting to shift into those that have and those that don't.

View PostSlyGambit, on Feb 20 2014 - 23:30, said:

Just spent a little bit of time with Google and figured out kinda what you're talking about.  It looks like if you're spotted by the enemy AND you radio to your teammates that you are reloading some hacker mods will show that you're reloading on the minimap.  So it's the radio 'Reloading!' action that tells them - not the actual act of reloading.

Good info to know.  Now I'm going to click 'reloading' when I have a full clip in my autoloader and I'm sure I'm spotted.  Any morons using that hack will blindly charge at me and eat a full clip.

Hopefully WG is doing something to better protect the radio communcations as it is transmitted from the server.  They'd adjusted their game to minimize exposure to hacks like this before (they made it so arty tracers aren't seen if someone zooms out too far) so I'm sure they can do it.  Just be nice if they did.

Look above to my post....

View PostRockstarx1, on Feb 21 2014 - 00:48, said:

This is what my impression was. From my understanding of these reload timer mods its not possible for them to know exact timers. They ether guess off seeing the other tank fire and esimate its reload based on tank type, or use a method like you describe up above. 

Keep looking up.....

Radiodread #86 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 03:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18181 battles
lowbal you seem to be the only person who knows about this mod and if so how big a problem can it be?

FlorbFnarb #87 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 03:38

Major

• Players
  • 20506 battles

View PostSlyGambit, on Feb 20 2014 - 17:30, said:

This is wrong. Your communications are not available to the client programs of the other team.

Lumina #88 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 03:57

Major

• Players
  • 8202 battles
PzII Luchs = Radar Mod.. Yep Yep.  In a good game it can change the course of a battle, and cause enemies to yell hackers/cheats at people on your team out of rage.   Then you see a Leopard or Luchs at the top 3 highest XP earners on team.. yep yep.   Scouts are a definite radar hack...  cause hack accusations more than any other situation in game.  =3

MeJelly #89 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 04:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 37749 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Feb 19 2014 - 18:18, said:

It is a mod that lets arty track you no matter what once your lit up on the map. THAT crap!!!!!

you are missing a verb in that last sentence, no good Engrish

jamesallen12771 #90 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 04:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 7395 battles
Found it: http://wot-shot.com/cheats/

zmaint #91 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 04:33

Major

• Players
  • 11314 battles
Seeing how NA has no banned mods list, I doubt this will be on it anytime soon.

aswitz87 #92 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 04:51

Major

• Players
  • 5921 battles

View Postjamesallen12771, on Feb 20 2014 - 22:24, said:

Ok, now find a replay of it actually working.  Because otherwise, I call scam on their part (which I have no problem with because anyone deciding to use such a thing deserves what they get).

bdougwrx #93 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 05:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9043 battles

View PostTHANATOS1969, on Feb 19 2014 - 18:16, said:

This is [edited]. I had a game where arty had me in his sight, got away hid for 5 secs then drove for 10 not lighting or 6th sense going off; ARTY finishes me off. I have the mods and knew where all 4 of their tanks were, knew where arty was shooting me from. That slow B1 was a kid playing and took off in the other direction from me. HOW DID ARTY FIND ME, New mod called radar mod. That's [edited]and it needs to be banned A.S.A.P.!!!!!

tcVonn #94 Posted Nov 27 2015 - 10:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 274 battles
  • [VICOM] VICOM
Some "Mods" help your game, some "mods" are nothing less then cheating. Even though I like playing this PC version best, I play mostly on Xbox because it is a lot harder to get the cheating Mods to use on Xbox. Using the cheat Mods to win is not winning. It just makes you a low life cheater. But of course these days there are so many out there that have no concept of honor or morality and have no problem in being a low life, knuckle dragging Neanderthal scumbagg. 

Edited by tcVonn, Nov 27 2015 - 10:59.

HawgWild #95 Posted Nov 27 2015 - 11:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 52442 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA

Here is a nice mod      http://4hota.net/4hotapack.html

MINIMAP flags

CONTOURS ICONS

Sylvado #96 Posted Nov 27 2015 - 14:33

Major

• Players
  • 67565 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC
Just curious. You knew where the other 4 tanks were and they were not in a position to spot you. Yet you knew where they were.

ThePigSheFlies #97 Posted Nov 27 2015 - 15:09

Major

• Players
  • 71802 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
good job on necro-ing a thread that's nearly a year old...

NBornKilla #98 Posted Nov 27 2015 - 15:15

Captain

• Players
  • 43632 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View PosttcVonn, on Nov 27 2015 - 09:03, said:

Some "Mods" help your game, some "mods" are nothing less then cheating. Even though I like playing this PC version best, I play mostly on Xbox because it is a lot harder to get the cheating Mods to use on Xbox. Using the cheat Mods to win is not winning. It just makes you a low life cheater. But of course these days there are so many out there that have no concept of honor or morality and have no problem in being a low life, knuckle dragging Neanderthal scumbagg. 

how dare you revive a dead  post

NBornKilla #99 Posted Nov 27 2015 - 15:16

Captain

• Players
  • 43632 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 27 2015 - 14:09, said:

nearly?  sir do you even math.

Sylvado #100 Posted Nov 27 2015 - 15:19

Major

• Players
  • 67565 battles
  • [LOAC] LOAC

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 27 2015 - 15:09, said:

Come on, it is still fun to argue about it.

Also tagged with mods, banned, radar

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users