Help with P-Mod and Locastan's Minimap

pmodp-mod locastan minimap mod mods conflict cameranode init files

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

huilun02 #1 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 05:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7589 battles

Hello there. I've got a problem with installing/running multiple mods because both of them use their own custom python script files. The mods are P-Mod which modifies the camera for zoom, scope shadow and other stuff, and Locastan's Enhanced Minimap mod. Both of them have their own CameraNode.pyc and _init_.pyc files, so for now I can only use one of them but not both.

Is there a way I can have both mods running at the same time? I've been using mods for a long time but I don't make or modify them. Any help is appreciated.

TragicLoss #2 Posted Feb 20 2014 - 05:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 3388 battles

You need to combine them into the same script maybe? 

Sorta like:

huilun02 #3 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 15:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7589 battles

I don't know scripting and it seems I can't edit the .pyc files with ordinary text editors. I know the purpose of the _init_.pyc is to load other scripts, but I don't think it is as easy as simply copy/pasting contents of two CameraNode.pyc to have it work for both mods.

Can anyone else help me? Maybe tell me what I need and how I can get both mods working together.

minifrizzle #4 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 17:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles

View Posthuilun02, on Feb 21 2014 - 22:31, said:

I don't know scripting and it seems I can't edit the .pyc files with ordinary text editors. I know the purpose of the _init_.pyc is to load other scripts, but I don't think it is as easy as simply copy/pasting contents of two CameraNode.pyc to have it work for both mods.

Can anyone else help me? Maybe tell me what I need and how I can get both mods working together.

The CameraNode.pyc files from all the various mods on the Internets are generally identical.  You only need one to load multiple mods.  The script does this:

. looks at your paths.xml file and for each Path line it finds it will add this path onto it: /scripts/client/mods/ and then search for *.pyc files contained therein and load them if it finds any.  You can refer to my modpack as to how to separate mods into multiple directories or you can just dump everything into res_mods/0.8.11[/scripts/client/mods/] as long as singular files from different mods don't overlap/conflict (other than cameranode and init).

You can use uncompyle2 to decompile most .pyc files to their .py plain text equivalents.

huilun02 #5 Posted Feb 21 2014 - 19:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7589 battles
So I only need one _init_.pyc and CameraNode.pyc from either of the mods to have both running?

minifrizzle #6 Posted Feb 22 2014 - 11:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 203 battles

View Posthuilun02, on Feb 22 2014 - 02:16, said:

So I only need one _init_.pyc and CameraNode.pyc from either of the mods to have both running?

If they overlap yes that's correct.  If they don't overlap then might as well leave them be.  (Overlap = same filename in the same directory within res_mods)