"BalCalcMod"..... need to know what it really does? Poor Russian Translation.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

leeuniverse #1 Posted Feb 23 2014 - 08:36

Major

• Players
  • 16723 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

So, I got this mod that I found on the Russian forum, and if I understand correctly it helps when aiming at distances and tanks are behind things and they move.

This is a problem that's much worse with 8.11 to where you can't actually shoot such tanks anymore because the reticle bounces hugely.

So, it seems this mod helps with that (if wrong, let me know, I'm all confused poor Google translation).

Anyway, so I'm trying to bind the "Spacebar" to this mod, which according to key binding lists is "32".  But when I put 32 in the mod this red distance thing pops up when I press the "D" button which I'm guessing is this mod?

Now, I've went into the game settings and also put a mouse key for what is normally the spacebar key so there is no conflict there.

Can anyone help here?  The default set key in the mod is apparently the PgUp key, but that's not convenient.  I would possibly like to to bind it to Xbutton1 which is the 4th button on standard gaming mouse, but a search didn't result in any codes for it?  What can I do?  Thanks much.....

DrunkMunky42 #2 Posted Feb 23 2014 - 09:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21080 battles
  • [BULLS] BULLS
I would message Aslain regarding the BalCalcMod. He's used it extensively and probably has some good knowledge on its mechanics and features.

nuclearguy931 #3 Posted Feb 23 2014 - 09:09

Major

• Players
  • 43492 battles
  • [-TNA-] -TNA-
I thought the spacebar by default was the brake?

leeuniverse #4 Posted Feb 23 2014 - 09:32

Major

• Players
  • 16723 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

It is (stop and fire actually), but you can change it in game settings to what you want....

Thanks on mentioning Aslain.....  Ya, I saw he has it in his pack, might have to do so.

leeuniverse #5 Posted Feb 23 2014 - 09:56

Major

• Players
  • 16723 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Well, finally figured out how to fix "bad" Russian Readme files that show as gobbaldigoop text.....

Open them in MS Word and and this shows the Russian properly and then simply copy to text editor, Notepad, Notepad++, make sure save as UTF-8, and good to go.

leeuniverse #6 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 00:50

Major

• Players
  • 16723 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

Okay, so finally got a "working" version of the mod from Aslain, don't know why others wouldn't work, even from the mod devoloper directly?

Anyway....  My issue now is.

What does this mod actually do?

As I mentioned in the OP, according to the "translation" it seems it not only gives a distance #, but supposed to help when tanks are moving and such at a distance and behind things.

Well, it doesn't seem to.  Am I just not understanding how the mod works because of the bad translation?

Can anyone help me understand exactly what this mod does?  Thanks much.