We need a real answer about 3rd party MODS...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

DrVooDoo13 #1 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 08:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33135 battles
  • [ASHES] ASHES

I know the official response WoT gives about the use of MODS... Here I will post it...

"In the case of mods, these are currently allowed (even the ones that seemingly do not provide much of an advantage, or change), we cannot at this time do not officially support them as they are third party programs.
Player are welcome to use them, however, it is possible that they may be the cause of the extended load times, game crashes, and other unwanted errors with your game client. 

We are not responsible for the actions of other players who use these mods.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions or concerns"

This was a answer to a ticket...

First of all WoT "Welcomes us to use them at our own risk" they just do not support them and are allowing their use...

I have allot of time and money in my account with 12 tier 10's and over 80 tanks in my garage. I DO NOT want my account banned for using a MOD that is illegal.

Normally I use a crosshair mod and a XVM... Lately, I found a cool minimap MOD that shows last know enemy position, and a ZOOM out MOD which is great for a commander calling clan wars, it really helps...currently I use NO MODS, because I am affraid of being banned...

THEN, I found some other MODS, which in my eyes are CHEATS and should be banned...

Such as Warpack:

- smart modified autoaim, that can track a target behind obstacles and highlight its contour. Also, it doesn't aim at the center of the vehicle, but at (preprogrammed) vulnerable spots. Oh, and it also calculates the speed of the target and aims in front of it to compensate (pre-aim)
-  automatic fire extinguisher/repair, a script that triggers the repair/extinguish automatically as soon as it happens
- removes any aim circle jerking (contrary to he official version, there is no jerk even when you get rammed)
- counterarty hack that puts a red dot on the spot enemy arty just fired from
- sixth sense mod that replaces the perk (if you don't have it), it shows you not only you are targetted but also who's targetting you
- artymode for tanks and TDs, snipermode for arty (with the artymode you can fire HE shells accross the map with a regular tank)
- tracerhack (visible and color tracers)
- a mod showing on minimap where trees fell or buildings got destroyed ("ideal for field commanders")
- a mod that removes ALL vegetation and "binoculars" in sniper mode
- laser pointer mod
- a free camera mod
- enemy reload timer
- white wrecks
- fire burst mode
- extended zoom in sniper mode..................

Warpack is a hackers delight and gives a VERY unfair advantage to those using it... And I know of people using it... 

And there are many many more such MODS out there...

I guess I am writing this because there are no set rules or guidelines to using ANY MODS that I have found...And there NEEDS to be... 

There are only a few small MODS I want to use, Jimbo crosshair and XVM, Dead tanks are white and a minimap MOD...These do not sound like that cheating Warpack MOD pack..

WoT needs to figure out what IS or IS'NT allowed, because I dont want to be banned for using MODS, But I do want those cheating MODS removed!!!

FlamingTier #2 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 08:13

Major

• Players
  • 7687 battles
Unless you can provide evidence of this "Warpack" hack in form of video, the claims don't really mean anything. All this thread is doing is advertising the 'hack'.

Macabe #3 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 08:18

Major

• Players
  • 8599 battles
  • [FGWLF] FGWLF
All warpack is going to do is get you banned, since they've given statistics on how many players actually use xvm on the RU server(in one of serbs Q+As); i'm sure they can tell who is using it. Also, it's not a hack; it is a performance enhancing mod that many of it's functions simply cannot work such as the all tanks being able to use arty mode. The all tanks arty mode is an illusion since it still shoots in a straight line and i personally don't see the appeal since it doesn't arc shells or anything. I mean seriously, most of these mods just make what you can already see more noticeable to the extent that it's blatantly obvious. Waste of money and puts you on the fast track for a ban.

Rias_Gremory #4 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 08:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7692 battles

View PostFlamingTier, on Feb 24 2014 - 02:13, said:

Unless you can provide evidence of this "Warpack" hack in form of video, the claims don't really mean anything. All this thread is doing is advertising the 'hack'.

There are videos of it, but behind the scenes WG is also finding, and banning people who use it, only issue is we don't ever know about it because their privacy policy prevents them from sharing all the names of the players who've been caught. So they could be, or they could not be banning them, but we don't know for sure.

DrVooDoo13 #5 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 08:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33135 battles
  • [ASHES] ASHES

I am not trying to prove some one is using it... We all know people are for sure using it... Or similar MODS...

I am ONLY wanting to draw attention to the LEGAL use of MODs... And find out what is allowed so that I may use a few simple MODS with the worry of getting banned myself...

I think that people should NOT be allowed to use MODS similar to Warpack and they do exist, I have seen them and do not need to prove it... But MODS like that can ruin this GREAT game... 

TlGERACE #6 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 08:22

Captain

• Players
  • 29851 battles
  • [-S-A] -S-A
The key issue here is that cheat "Warcrap" I'm sure WG will fight these good for nothing hackers

Prodigal_Penguin #7 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 08:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6720 battles
  • [BAE] BAE
inb4; removed by moderator 

Macabe #8 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 08:25

Major

• Players
  • 8599 battles
  • [FGWLF] FGWLF

View PostDrVooDoo13, on Feb 23 2014 - 23:20, said:

I am not trying to prove some one is using it... We all know people are for sure using it... Or similar MODS...

I am ONLY wanting to draw attention to the LEGAL use of MODs... And find out what is allowed so that I may use a few simple MODS with the worry of getting banned myself...

I think that people should NOT be allowed to use MODS similar to Warpack and they do exist, I have seen them and do not need to prove it... But MODS like that can ruin this GREAT game... 

I don't think you see that 95% of warpack is a hoax, i wouldn't worry about it. All they really have going for it is a minimap which sounds like will be so cluttered, it's useless to laser tracers which are just as useless as normal tracers.

I would also like to point out the following is legal:

White hulls

Enemy reload

and the extended zoom

These 3 are pretty heavily used in xvm mod packs,

DrVooDoo13 #9 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 08:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33135 battles
  • [ASHES] ASHES

There are only a few small MODS I want to use, Jimbo crosshair and XVM, Dead tanks are white and a minimap MOD that shows last known enemy position.

I very recently heard that the "dead tanks are white MOD" has been banned so I unistalled it, I really like this MOD... No more running into dead tanks in a bush is great... I would like it back, but not at the risk of being banned over it.

DrVooDoo13 #10 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 08:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33135 battles
  • [ASHES] ASHES

View PostMacabe, on Feb 24 2014 - 02:25, said:

I don't think you see that 95% of warpack is a hoax, i wouldn't worry about it. All they really have going for it is a minimap which sounds like will be so cluttered, it's useless to laser tracers which are just as useless as normal tracers.

I would also like to point out the following is legal:

White hulls

Enemy reload

and the extended zoom

These 3 are pretty heavily used in xvm mod packs,

I just saw a post in the last few days that say the extended zoom is banned in 8.11

also in the same thread, said the White Hull is banned...

and this was a WoT Admin who wrote it...

Edited by DrVooDoo13, Feb 24 2014 - 08:33.

SmellYouLater64 #11 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 09:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11161 battles
  • [ACWW] ACWW
Warpack is a hackers delight  ... very true ..

JeremyB0B #12 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 09:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7742 battles
  • [-VX-] -VX-

Well according to FTR even XVM is coming under fire by the WG Russia. Mostly for in the forums thus far.

http://ftr.wot-news....ru-banning-xvm/

Mods are up the the player, though there are some that are noted for being cheating mods, such as the war pack.

CaptainCanadia #13 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 09:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11882 battles
  • [IOC_5] IOC_5

View PostJeremyB0B, on Feb 24 2014 - 00:35, said:

Well according to FTR even XVM is coming under fire by the WG Russia. Mostly for in the forums thus far.

http://ftr.wot-news....ru-banning-xvm/

Mods are up the the player, though there are some that are noted for being cheating mods, such as the war pack.

Virtually that just says don't post screenshots with xvm stats in it. 

Also OP where do you see these lists that say white dead tanks are illegal? Because they most certainly are not. Anyone that uses a mod pack has that installed and if they were illegal half the player base would be banned. Also all those mods are legal that you want. 

As for warcrap its just a scam. Its not going to make you some super unicum. It's just a scam. Dont worry about it. 

darrin8414 #14 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 09:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7674 battles
  • [1RPD] 1RPD

View PostDrVooDoo13, on Feb 24 2014 - 01:20, said:

I think you make a solid point and are right on target about the MOD issue.. I have been hit by shells after arty fires and not reloaded and I have good cover that I thought was ghost shells but a lot in some battles and that sounds like one of these mod's that tanks can fire like arty across the map because this is going on.

I have never used the MOD's because of the issues some people have with them and performance. I do not have any issue with people that want to use the allowed mods at all but there is no way I would be hit behind cover by ghost shells that many times in one battle. The mod for tanks can fire like arty is being used and you are right.

Warpack mods should be banned out right and accounts with them if people are running them.. This game is way to cool to be messed up and wargaming should do something about this.

These mods are online I just found them and it wasn't hard!!??

I would also like to know what mods are ok to use I have put a lot of money into this game as well and don't want banned the first time I try a mod pack..

You have a very good point..  +1

DrVooDoo13 #15 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 10:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33135 battles
  • [ASHES] ASHES

Thanks...

I love this game, and dont want to see it ruined either....or get myself banned for using a MOD that I THOUGHT was legal....

So, I would like unfair MODS removed. 

And to know which MODS will NOT get me banned...

misscleo #16 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 16:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19763 battles

Someone from WGNA said they were going to post some news about this soon, not sure how detailed it's going to be, but have some patience.

Also, I challenge you find an MMO that lists prohibited mods (named or examples of modifications) in more detail than World of Tanks currently does. You probably won't find any, so I'm not sure why you'd expect WG to have such a detailed list. More details explained in this post if you're interested.

DrVooDoo13 #17 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 01:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33135 battles
  • [ASHES] ASHES

View Postmisscleo, on Feb 24 2014 - 10:32, said:

Someone from WGNA said they were going to post some news about this soon, not sure how detailed it's going to be, but have some patience.

Also, I challenge you find an MMO that lists prohibited mods (named or examples of modifications) in more detail than World of Tanks currently does. You probably won't find any, so I'm not sure why you'd expect WG to have such a detailed list. More details explained in this post if you're interested.

Thanks, I appreciate this news and look forward to the "details"...

I do not accept your challenge, I dont play that many MMO's...

And I expect nothing, but this is a great game, and I would hate to see it get ruined with MODS that could be labeled as CHEATS....

mypen #18 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 06:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 25647 battles
I personally like the extended zoom mod in sniping mode.  Not all of us can see very well, and for me, I like to see what I am shooting at.  Having a nice zoomed in target makes the game very playable for me; otherwise this game would be a exercise in futility.