I know the official response WoT gives about the use of MODS... Here I will post it...
"In the case of mods, these are currently allowed (even the ones that seemingly do not provide much of an advantage, or change), we cannot at this time do not officially support them as they are third party programs.
Player are welcome to use them, however, it is possible that they may be the cause of the extended load times, game crashes, and other unwanted errors with your game client.
We are not responsible for the actions of other players who use these mods.
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions or concerns"
This was a answer to a ticket...
First of all WoT "Welcomes us to use them at our own risk" they just do not support them and are allowing their use...
I have allot of time and money in my account with 12 tier 10's and over 80 tanks in my garage. I DO NOT want my account banned for using a MOD that is illegal.
Normally I use a crosshair mod and a XVM... Lately, I found a cool minimap MOD that shows last know enemy position, and a ZOOM out MOD which is great for a commander calling clan wars, it really helps...currently I use NO MODS, because I am affraid of being banned...
THEN, I found some other MODS, which in my eyes are CHEATS and should be banned...
Such as Warpack:
- smart modified autoaim, that can track a target behind obstacles and highlight its contour. Also, it doesn't aim at the center of the vehicle, but at (preprogrammed) vulnerable spots. Oh, and it also calculates the speed of the target and aims in front of it to compensate (pre-aim)
- automatic fire extinguisher/repair, a script that triggers the repair/extinguish automatically as soon as it happens
- removes any aim circle jerking (contrary to he official version, there is no jerk even when you get rammed)
- counterarty hack that puts a red dot on the spot enemy arty just fired from
- sixth sense mod that replaces the perk (if you don't have it), it shows you not only you are targetted but also who's targetting you
- artymode for tanks and TDs, snipermode for arty (with the artymode you can fire HE shells accross the map with a regular tank)
- tracerhack (visible and color tracers)
- a mod showing on minimap where trees fell or buildings got destroyed ("ideal for field commanders")
- a mod that removes ALL vegetation and "binoculars" in sniper mode
- laser pointer mod
- a free camera mod
- enemy reload timer
- white wrecks
- fire burst mode
- extended zoom in sniper mode..................
Warpack is a hackers delight and gives a VERY unfair advantage to those using it... And I know of people using it...
And there are many many more such MODS out there...
I guess I am writing this because there are no set rules or guidelines to using ANY MODS that I have found...And there NEEDS to be...
There are only a few small MODS I want to use, Jimbo crosshair and XVM, Dead tanks are white and a minimap MOD...These do not sound like that cheating Warpack MOD pack..
WoT needs to figure out what IS or IS'NT allowed, because I dont want to be banned for using MODS, But I do want those cheating MODS removed!!!