ClanSpotlight Spotlight Clan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

Quemapueblos #1 Posted Feb 24 2014 - 20:17

Associate Producer

• Administrator
  • 8641 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

In this edition of the Clan Spotlight series we are giving you a look into Game Over, the first Brazilian Clan to be featured. Game Over consists of players who are both experienced or relatively new to the Clan Wars scene. Several players from the Clan also participate in the tournament team of the same name that just finished a season in the WGLNA Gold League, and they have a newer team that is doing well in the WGLNA Bronze League.

Check out the Portal Article here!

We interviewed these players to learn more about the history of Game Over:

GANDORFO– Commander

epintoDeputy Commander of [-GO-] who also helps with recruiting

HenriqueDanteSoldier, occasional battle caller

GiggMaster – Translator Extraordinaire (Not in Clan)

You can challenge Game Over to Champion Tank Companies this Wednesday at 3:00 PM PDT on the NA East server and watch it on Twitch to see Quemapueblos and Hypnotik try to follow battle calling in Portuguese.

When and how was Game Over formed and what are your Clan’s goals?

Spoiler

The second campaign increased GO’s exposure. What was the importance of the second campaign to GO and how did it help the clan?

Spoiler

What is your recruiting process like and what qualities are you looking for a player to join your clan?

Spoiler

Is there a Brazilian only requirement or is there any restriction on needing to know Portuguese?

Spoiler

How does the clan handle the different time zones, since your time zone situation is complicated?

Spoiler

What would be the perfect schedule for CW and what would participation be like in that schedule?
Spoiler

How does your clan handle diplomacy, since most of the Clans on the map speak English?

Spoiler

How much of your Clan Wars success would you attribute to diplomacy vs skill?

Spoiler

Is it hard to recruit from a small community?

Spoiler

How is it like seeing people leave for other big clans, regretting that, and coming back to BR clans?

Spoiler

What have you learned about Clan Wars and maintaining a clan that you wish you knew when you started?
Spoiler

How do you manage the people in the clan between those that just want to play, those who want to have fun and those who are mercenaries?
Spoiler

Is there any decision that the clan leadership regrets?

Spoiler

Being in Brazil, far from the server, how is it like playing with the high latency and ping that you have?

Spoiler

Has being based on a Gold League team helped the clan gain notoriety?

Spoiler

How does your Clan deal with the conflicts between Clan Wars and Tournament battles?
Spoiler

What was your favorite battle that you fought in Clan Wars, during the campaign or in general?

Spoiler

If you could ask for a change on the CW system, no matter the limitations of WG, but a change that created a big advantage for GO, what would it be?
Spoiler

Do you have any type of pre-battle preparation?

Spoiler

Does your clan have any interesting traditions?
Spoiler

Who’s the best player in the clan, excluding those present?
Spoiler

Do you guys want to make a comment in general, or about the second team that is in the Bronze League, or something else?

Spoiler

Drifter80 #2 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 00:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31572 battles

+1 Great Group of gamers I remember them from my time with VOLT/Power Co

Kauzler #3 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 00:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39156 battles
  • [DENIX] DENIX

GANDORFO – We have a player that we have to take for every battle, and every battle he does 0

damage, but he is really liked by everyone in the clan.

GiggMaster – Who is that guy?

GANDORFO – richtrmoc.

Well, the richtrmoc's jokes are the best part of the CW. :tongue:

Quemapueblos #4 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 00:29

Associate Producer

• Administrator
  • 8641 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
Tank Companies this Wednesday are going to be interesting. I'm pretty sure Hyp will have learned Portuguese by then. He promised!

callmesarge #5 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 01:03

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 31743 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
o7 Gandorfo and team. You guys are a tough and resilient bunch. Congrats on the Clan Spotlight. 

TKKS_Ras #6 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 01:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15683 battles
  • [IMBAD] IMBAD
congrats from wow we you sure are one tough group and it will be a honor to someday fight besides you or against you!

Verishady #7 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 01:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15194 battles
I would like to say that I really enjoyed this interview. These guys gave me the impression that they have a lotta fun. I would like to wish them all the best, congrats on the spotlight.

DeadlyAsians #8 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 02:45

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12294 battles
  • [KARP] KARP
GL teams playing against -GO- and GL -GO- :)

Huck_ #9 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 34264 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
congrats on the spotlight

allantorres #10 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 03:38

Captain

• Players
  • 23080 battles

View PostMajor_Frustration, on Feb 24 2014 - 21:56, said:

I would like to say that I really enjoyed this interview. These guys gave me the impression that they have a lotta fun. I would like to wish them all the best, congrats on the spotlight.

hahaha and you are right sir :trollface:

ToFuSmurF #11 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 03:59

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 32875 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
Congrats on the spotlight GO!  Awesome guys, and yes I'm still keeping nipp hostage :P

GiggMaster #12 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 04:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20637 battles

Ha ! Really good stuff for Game-Over clan ! :)

It was awesome and I am sure it will bring a nice visibility to the clan !

zhucovv #13 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 04:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 38092 battles
  • [-4K-] -4K-

nice spotlight, congratz GO you guys play hard in second campaign!

but the highlight was speak about our time zone.

thx for talk about it!

Galaxybane #14 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 09:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 27014 battles

These guys are really great, and they make a HUGE effort to be competitive with their ping and small numbers. Total respect for their ambition in the game and the results they have been getting ever since the second campaign.

And I had no idea Nipp100 was Brazilian too! wow... hahaha

Seria foda demais ter todos os melhores jogadores Brasileiros num só clan... imagina. O melhor da HAVOK, melhor da FORGE, etc... quem sabe um dia!

; ]

DassemUltor #15 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 14:41

Major

• Players
  • 3686 battles
Cool interview guys, I play from Australia so I know how frustrating the ping can be sometimes. Hopefully WG introduce a TZ on the NA map that is more favorable to South American tankers

DUNDALK #16 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 14:55

Major

• Players
  • 50755 battles
  • [SU] SU
I'm glad they brought up the time zone issue, because there is a definite niche for an earlier zone that is more or less unfilled.

GiggMaster #17 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 16:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20637 battles

View PostGalaxybane, on Feb 25 2014 - 05:38, said:

Seria foda demais ter todos os melhores jogadores Brasileiros num só clan... imagina. O melhor da HAVOK, melhor da FORGE, etc... quem sabe um dia!

TRANSLATING: It would be f***** awesome to have the best brazilians in a single clan. Can you imagine that? The best from HAVOK, the best from FORGE, and so fort ... hopefully one day

I agree completely with you if we had the best Brazilians in a single clan that clan would be very strong, able to fight (with a very good chance to win) against any CW team in the NA Server but you as a Brazilian (like me) knows it is impossible to put them all together in a single clan. The reason? Conflict of interests that move would generate.

At the end what happens is ... Good Brazilian players able to speak English are in good clans (like Megaminero in G, you in Forge, Nipp in Havok and so forth) and the brazilians not able to speak english are in Portuguese Speaker clans simply because they do not have another option. You can also find a number of Brazilians who never joined any clan because they are not good enough to join good clans and they do not want to join poor to average clans.

Not to mention the "hidden" and "unknown" brazilians spreaded in English speaker clans, maybe because they simply do not know there are Brazilian clans around or simply because they do not want to get along with Brazilians... like arfox in BADGER ...

Sad but true ... 

Maxdre2256 #18 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 18:30

Private

• Players
  • 17213 battles
  • [CA3RA] CA3RA
Congrats on the clan spotlight guys!

sela #19 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 30706 battles
Kaliningrad 

_Dreadnaught_ #20 Posted Feb 25 2014 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 34139 battles

Every Brazilian on the WoT Server:

"ALGUEM BRASILIEROS?!?!?!! HUEHUEHUEHUE!! PELE MUITO BEN!! OLE, OLE OLE OLEEEEE, OLE OLE OLEEEEE!!! FEJUADA #1!  Puta falta sacanagem!! SOU FODA!!! CULO!!!!!

Also tagged with ClanSpotlight, Spotlight, Clan

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users