will they work on gun sounds for 9.0?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

USSR_JY23 #1 Posted Feb 26 2014 - 05:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 3603 battles
Rumour has it that when patch 9.0 comes they will rework on the sounds is it true? Cuz if it is GOOD THEY NEED TO cuz hate how each country of tanks gun calliber sounds the same.... Like the gun sound of a L/70 on a stug and it sounds the same as a 85mm on a T-34/85

WillTreaty2 #2 Posted Feb 26 2014 - 05:44

Major

• Players
  • 4592 battles
  • [UNT] UNT
If they dont, just use gnomefathers.

Thoringer #3 Posted Feb 26 2014 - 05:49

Captain

• Players
  • 18918 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
Yea, they don't have anything else to do for 9.0... so, they probably do that. Not.

Nimrodor #4 Posted Feb 26 2014 - 05:51

Major

• Players
  • 11142 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Oh goody, a rework on realistic sounds means another 100 MB on the next patch...

...and a whole lot of complaining about the new sounds. Remember the ricochet sound changes?

You want a change. I do not. You go download the sounds and not force me to, k?

TBH, a sound rework isn't something they "NEED TO DO". It's far down there, well below balance, map rework, and matchmaking.

Spencinator #5 Posted Feb 26 2014 - 06:34

Captain

• Players
  • 10032 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S
Wargaming programmers are kinda lazy so you shouldn't get your hopes up. Really just go with gnomefathers sound mod.

CelticArchangel #6 Posted Feb 26 2014 - 06:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10308 battles
  • [31AR] 31AR

View PostNimrodor, on Feb 25 2014 - 23:51, said:

Oh goody, a rework on realistic sounds means another 100 MB on the next patch...

...and a whole lot of complaining about the new sounds. Remember the ricochet sound changes?

You want a change. I do not. You go download the sounds and not force me to, k?

TBH, a sound rework isn't something they "NEED TO DO". It's far down there, well below balance, map rework, and matchmaking.

Complaining? Maybe. There is always a complainer(s) with new content.

..but TBH, it IS something they have needed to address for a long time... and judging when you made your acc, you should know that. Yeah yeah, Gomefathers, sure... but how long do they have to cater to the lower performance computers before checking their watch and saying "Sorry guys. Time we upgraded."?

Them adding sounds that actually bring vehicles to life and make them feel bigger and heavier wouldn't mess you up that bad. Heck, we've had the same generic engine sound since early 2011 for all tanks tiers 3 and up. How much longer do we have to wait for you to upgrade your potato?
You can't  avoid change. 

Dark_Immortal #7 Posted Feb 26 2014 - 06:52

Captain

• Players
  • 11568 battles

Use this mod. http://worldof-tanks.com/agqj-sound-mod/

I've used other sound mods before this, but this one is the best of all of them. Some of the other sound mods listed on this post I've tried and they sounded awful compared to this. They just had way too much bass especially with the larger caliber guns (and that's fine but it drowned out the actual gun sound and was just a large reverberating noise in my ear). It just didn't sound right. In this mod you can actually hear the sound of the gun echoing as the sound gets farther away; the larger the gun, the bigger the echo. Arty shells sound like the fireworks that whistle when it's flying over your tank's hull. Explosions sound like they actually do some damage as opposed to the vanilla sound that sounds like a wet towel being plomped on the ground. Also, I was never a fan of engine sounds because they were just loud and just didn't sound right with the other sounds in the game. This on the other hand sounds great. It's subtle and it works great with the other sounds in the mod. Diesel engines sound different than gasoline engines. The FV215b 183 sounds like a Tie Fighter and I'm not even joking about that. I play my E-100 a lot more just because of how beast-like it sounds. I'm pretty sure the ricochet/bounce shots have a specific sound as well but I can't remember off the top of my head.

Try it out. Everyone that I've shown it to have loved it and can't stand to go back to the vanilla sounds after they've heard it.

To answer your question though, I'm not sure what WG has in store for updating the sounds. They SHOULD, but given that 9.0 will be a massive graphical overhaul, I wouldn't expect that they are going to worry about sound improvement until later on down the road. It needs to be fixed though. If simple modders can make amazing sound mods like the one I've given a link to, then I can't imagine what a multi-million (if not billion) dollar company can do with it. In due time.

Nimrodor #8 Posted Feb 26 2014 - 07:02

Major

• Players
  • 11142 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostCelticArchangel, on Feb 25 2014 - 21:46, said:

Yeah yeah, Gomefathers, sure... but how long do they have to cater to the lower performance computers before checking their watch and saying "Sorry guys. Time we upgraded."?

Them adding sounds that actually bring vehicles to life and make them feel bigger and heavier wouldn't mess you up that bad. Heck, we've had the same generic engine sound since early 2011 for all tanks tiers 3 and up.

You can't  avoid change. 

To your first point...judging by the complaints of fps every day on the forums, WG needs more catering to the lower performance computers. Personally? I run WoT at full settings and 40 fps. Not an issue.

But that's besides the point. Sound mods take little to no extra power to run. As a creator of sound mods myself, this isn't at all an issue.

I am opposing the added value of 100 MB of file space for new sounds. Personally, I would just reinstall the old sounds as a mod over the new ones, so I wouldn't be affected.

To finish, the sounds aren't something that WG should be prioritizing over the actual gameplay. Eye/ear candy is worthless if the game itself doesn't work well. As is, the game itself isn't working very well. That needs to be fixed before anything else.

ForeverN00b #9 Posted Feb 27 2014 - 03:22

Major

• Players
  • 18886 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15
As others have said, there is some dude who goes by gnomefather who fixed this already.  He did great work with the engine sounds too.