The server we pay for craps out at the best of times

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

MisterLemons #1 Posted Apr 15 2011 - 06:14

Captain

• Players
  • 36439 battles
Im using my luchs on a fairly large map when my tank all of the sudden just stops working. Whouldnt ya know, the server droped me! So i tried to log back in twice, wasting precious seconds. Eventualy I just restart the client and waste more time. When i finaly get back on I find my tank half wrecked and a T34 staring me down, the enemies T34 of course. Before I could move he finished me. So I go to the server log for my router and check for faults and bumps in the data, nothing. I check with my friend to ask if he laged out as well. He said no but a few seconds later he stoped mid sentance and stated that he too just got booted. Well wouldnt you know, the game they expect us to pay for is acting worse than it did in beta. So either the client is crap or the server is as bad as AT&T cellular services, dropping us left and right while shrugging it off.

For the record no, i dont pay for the worthless commodity known as gold and until wargaming molds a promising simulator into something WORTH real cash they wont get a penny from me. Im pretty sure 90% of the gaming community thinks so as well. (making a nice poll on that one later...)

A bit off topic but lets get something straight, the changes from beta.
-Stats now count and always will
-We get to keep our tanks
-server drops twice as much

... Hell yeah, thats worth paying for right there. The great changes from beta are simply too overwhelming for my unworth eyes. Yep, now the community get to  see how many times the overpowered T54 and sniper artillery rape me without mercy.

GLP4X #2 Posted Apr 15 2011 - 06:28

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 10466 battles
Random drops just occur. When you have 10-15k people on one server with some 1000 battles playing, you will notice some lag. Back when the NA and EU servers were on the same server, we also had to same lag. (Russian server is an exception)

Also, WoT will NEVER be a Simulator. It is part-arcade, part-sim, and part-counter strike with tanks.

Second also, nobody is making you pay, since its a free to play game.

MisterLemons #3 Posted Apr 15 2011 - 07:04

Captain

• Players
  • 36439 battles

View PostGLP4X, on Apr 15 2011 - 06:28, said:

Random drops just occur. When you have 10-15k people on one server with some 1000 battles playing, you will notice some lag. Back when the NA and EU servers were on the same server, we also had to same lag. (Russian server is an exception)

Also, WoT will NEVER be a Simulator. It is part-arcade, part-sim, and part-counter strike with tanks.

Second also, nobody is making you pay, since its a free to play game.
Eve online has about literlly 50x the ammount of players WOT does on a daily basis and lag is non-existant. Not to mention how much space the world takes up and the scripts needed for fired ammunitions, damage calculations, player bonuses, and those lovely drones that buzz around 24/7. Lets not even get started on the NPCs that are constantly out and about by the hundreds per system.

silverz #4 Posted Apr 15 2011 - 07:10

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 8358 battles
Sorry to spoil your rant but since we have started back up our guys have bin commenting on how fast clean and crisp every thing feels with none of us having a problem.
I ground to the kv yesterday and not one problem and im in scotland and play on the us server, if i were you, i would be looking at my own end.  :Smile_honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users