Jump to content


Ammo Racking


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

HowlingOwl12 #1 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 05:41

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7420 battles
  • 245
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013
So according to basic logic and information provided, in the case of an ammo racking, all of your ammunition blows up. Splendid. My question (As for I have never been ammo racked, thank god) is this: Imagine you have your ammunition thingy on resupply automatically, and you get blown up by your ammunition, does that mean you have to re-buy all of those shells that were detonated?

Minelava #2 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 05:44

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2092 battles
  • 679
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

You've played 2800 games and have never been ammo racked?

 

Did I read that correctly? What on earth have I been doing wrong this whole time.



Tank_girl24 #3 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 05:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 1222 battles
  • 7,642
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012

View PostMinelava, on Mar 01 2014 - 23:44, said:

You've played 2800 games and have never been ammo racked?

 

Did I read that correctly? What on earth have I been doing wrong this whole time.

Weirder things have happened in wot 



Redwing_Warrior #4 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 05:50

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15953 battles
  • 178
  • [WLFPH] WLFPH
  • Member since:
    07-27-2012
He probably has been racked, just not from full health.  Nothing like seeing someone lose 1800+ hp all at once to make you laugh or rage depending on which end of the shot you are on.  ;)

deathmachine16 #5 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 05:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 16235 battles
  • 7,552
  • [JIMBO] JIMBO
  • Member since:
    12-21-2011
Nope only pay for ammo used until your death and repairs for your tank

hitfan #6 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 05:51

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8539 battles
  • 28
  • [MASSM] MASSM
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011
Im pretty sure you dont lose any ammo. That would be torture. Imagine being in a tank such as the maus which holds 60 128mm shells. You would spend a fortune if you ever got ammo racked.

DoniL73 #7 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 05:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 32663 battles
  • 724
  • [SABOT] SABOT
  • Member since:
    02-27-2011

View PostHowlingOwl12, on Mar 01 2014 - 22:41, said:

So according to basic logic and information provided, in the case of an ammo racking, all of your ammunition blows up. Splendid. My question (As for I have never been ammo racked, thank god) is this: Imagine you have your ammunition thingy on resupply automatically, and you get blown up by your ammunition, does that mean you have to re-buy all of those shells that were detonated?

to answer the question, no. they do not consider the ammo "spent" as in fired

 

 



HowlingOwl12 #8 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 07:05

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7420 battles
  • 245
  • Member since:
    07-01-2013

View PostMinelava, on Mar 02 2014 - 05:44, said:

You've played 2800 games and have never been ammo racked?

 

Did I read that correctly? What on earth have I been doing wrong this whole time.

 No I've never been ammo racked, and actually I've been set on fire only thrice, believe it or not :3



Zakume #9 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 08:43

    Major

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 25469 battles
  • 3,038
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    09-19-2010

View PostHowlingOwl12, on Mar 02 2014 - 05:41, said:

So according to basic logic and information provided, in the case of an ammo racking, all of your ammunition blows up. Splendid. My question (As for I have never been ammo racked, thank god) is this: Imagine you have your ammunition thingy on resupply automatically, and you get blown up by your ammunition, does that mean you have to re-buy all of those shells that were detonated?


No, only after you fire them.



shuvool #10 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 09:38

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8858 battles
  • 1,628
  • Member since:
    08-15-2013

View PostMinelava, on Mar 01 2014 - 22:44, said:

You've played 2800 games and have never been ammo racked?

 

Did I read that correctly? What on earth have I been doing wrong this whole time.

It's not altogether that common. In all the games I've played, I think I've been ammo racked 3 or 4 times. First the round would have to score a hit in an area that would put the path through the ammo rack, or an HE round would have to hit near the ammo rack, then it has to pass the saving throw that the ammo rack gets (73% chance to not damage the ammo rack). If all this passes, the ammo rack's module HP still has to be reduced to zero for it to explode (unless it's empty)



FireKiller87 #11 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 10:08

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8412 battles
  • 834
  • Member since:
    05-24-2011

View Postshuvool, on Mar 02 2014 - 03:38, said:

It's not altogether that common. In all the games I've played, I think I've been ammo racked 3 or 4 times. First the round would have to score a hit in an area that would put the path through the ammo rack, or an HE round would have to hit near the ammo rack, then it has to pass the saving throw that the ammo rack gets (73% chance to not damage the ammo rack). If all this passes, the ammo rack's module HP still has to be reduced to zero for it to explode (unless it's empty)

 

It's possible, although highly unlikely, to be ammo racked in a single AP shot. It's happened to me a few times, mostly on my Panther-line tanks since the ammunition is easy to shoot at.

However, destroying an ammo rack is difficult. I wouldn't be deliberately aiming to outright destroy it, I'd be just trying to damage it. Damaging the rack often forces the target to either retreat or die where they stand, since damaged ammunition doubles the affected tank's reload time.

 

To answer the OP's question, no, you do not "lose" the shells you have loaded should the rack be detonated. You'll just have to pay a repair bill.