Idea for CW tank locking

clan wars tank locking

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

angelreaper #1 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 05:55

Captain

• Council of Armored Forces
  • 0 battles

Ok so we all know that tank locking was introduced to help the small clans and hurt the bigger clans.  Both parties will agree that its a pain in the A$$.  Bigger clans have enough tanks to spare and only serves to make the FC's change their tank comp.  The smaller clans that are able to get to the land holder will lock their only tier 10 tanks out and be forced out of CW for almost a weeks time.

So the current system is 

A) annoying to big clans

B) Fatal to small growing clans

So, most people proposed the idea of just getting rid of tank locking completely, and I agree with their conclusions.

However, for some reason WG refuses to do this.  So, I propose a compromise. 

Keep tank locking but  base it on the number of tanks the individual player owns.  If the person owns 1 tier 10 its locked for 1 day.  If he/she owns 5 that same tank would be locked for 5 days ect.

Just long enough to cause trouble but not enough to lock a player with 1 tank out of CW for 7 days!

Note: The numbers of days I selected was just to explain my point.  They are open for discussion. 

Turbochicken #2 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 06:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

Short answer - $$$

Long answer - Because wargaming is a company and their principal concern is to make money. By locking tanks it causes to grind multiple lines to be effective in CW.  Not everyone spends money on this game but It is a hell of a lot easier if you purchase premium or purchase gold to free xp through boring/difficult tanks, which brings money in. So, effectively you are asking them to give up a portion of their revenue stream. I don't see that going over well.

Edited by Turbochicken, Mar 02 2014 - 06:10.

A_Little_Baby #3 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 06:13

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles

unlucky_number_7 #4 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 06:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles
I actually like tank locking. Makes me be good in all my tier 10s not just 2 or 3 that get used a lot in cw.

CenturionofRome72 #5 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 06:24

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
so if someone owns 20 tens, they are screwed?

_verminator_ #6 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 07:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
just take tank locking out

killergold #7 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 07:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

I agree tank locking is... well... for a big clan not really an issue... so one of your players gets their E5 locked out... well you have another 10 E5s. Sure small clans can have this but small clans have an issue recruiting people without land. So if you lock out an E5 on lets say... my clan, we will suffer hugely because we may not have another E5 player to take the ones place.

I think something like a lock out needs to exist so people learn to be cautious, but the current system is pretty rough for a clan like mine, but for a clan like RDDT, or ENJOY, or like the OPs clan, its simply... an annoyance, as they have many to fill the ranks.

However what that system should be... im not sure

angelreaper #8 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 07:30

Captain

• 0 battles

{lang:macro__view_post}A_Little_Baby, on Mar 02 2014 - 00:13, said:

The least you can do is is come up with an inelegant rebuttal "No" isn't one.

angelreaper #9 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 07:31

Captain

• 0 battles

{lang:macro__view_post}CenturionofRome72, on Mar 02 2014 - 00:24, said:

so if someone owns 20 tens, they are screwed?

A cap would be necessary say once you reach 10 tanks max lock out time 7 days or something like that

angelreaper #10 Posted Mar 02 2014 - 08:22

Captain

• 0 battles

{lang:macro__view_post}killergold, on Mar 02 2014 - 01:18, said:

I agree tank locking is... well... for a big clan not really an issue... so one of your players gets their E5 locked out... well you have another 10 E5s. Sure small clans can have this but small clans have an issue recruiting people without land. So if you lock out an E5 on lets say... my clan, we will suffer hugely because we may not have another E5 player to take the ones place.

I think something like a lock out needs to exist so people learn to be cautious, but the current system is pretty rough for a clan like mine, but for a clan like RDDT, or ENJOY, or like the OPs clan, its simply... an annoyance, as they have many to fill the ranks.

However what that system should be... im not sure

My idea is to help clans like yourself a bit but still be annoying for clans like mine  I would prefer to just get rid of tank locking like verminator said but as turbochicken said:

{lang:macro__view_post}Turbochicken, on Mar 02 2014 - 00:09, said:

Short answer - $$$

Long answer - Because wargaming is a company and their principal concern is to make money. By locking tanks it causes to grind multiple lines to be effective in CW.  Not everyone spends money on this game but It is a hell of a lot easier if you purchase premium or purchase gold to free xp through boring/difficult tanks, which brings money in. So, effectively you are asking them to give up a portion of their revenue stream. I don't see that going over well.

They wont get rid of it however this system will serve WG well too.  Players will still need to grind more tier 10s to play CW every day, or they will be forced to play CW every other day with only 1 tank.  If you have 2 tier 10s you will be able to play 2 days then 1 day with both tanks locked.  3 tanks mean 3 days of playing and 1 day with all tanks lock ect.  This is aseuming worse case scenario that you lock a tank every day. (for the growing clans running landing tourny)

Current system:

If you die attacking land in a tier 10 heavy tank it is locked for 7 days max.  So to a player that only has 1 tier 10 he is now not able to do CW for about 7 days.(changes with different variables)  2 tanks and even 3 tanks pose a similar problem.  In order to play CW effectively every night one need 4 tier 10s.

max tank locking is 7 days so if you have 7 tanks and lock only 1 tank a day you will be able to ready up a tier 10 every day of the week.  If you have more then 7 tanks then you will be able to lock multiple tanks and still be able to ready a tank up.

My system:

regardless of whats going on if you die fighting for land and you have 1 tier 10 it will only be locked for 1 day.  This means as an FC of a growing clan as long as you don't lose 14 tanks then you should be able to rotate tanks out easily most nights.  You will have a couple nights that you might have trouble, but it wont cripple you.  Once you get 7 tanks it will be caped meaning you will be able to lock 1 tank out a day and still have a tank to chose for CW.  Any additional tanks will allow you to lock multiple tanks 1 night and still have tanks to chose.  This means as an FC for a big clan nothing will really change.  You will still be annoyed with tank locking and have to substitute tanks.

Thus making small clans happier, WG happy, and big clans well..............................oh well lol

Edit:

{lang:macro__view_post}killergold, on Mar 02 2014 - 01:18, said:

for a clan like RDDT, or ENJOY, or like the OPs clan, its simply... an annoyance, as they have many to fill the ranks.

You would be surprised how much trouble tank locking can give us.  Not so much getting 15 tier 10s, but it can be hard getting 15 of the right tier 10 tanks.  Now for Forge or Anvil they don't have that problem.

Edit2: I did just think of a problem with my system.  By this system TD's and Arty will be locked out for the same time as meds and heavies.  Players usually have fewer TD's and Arty in their garage.  So they would need a different time table just like the current system.

Edited by angelreaper, Mar 02 2014 - 08:38.