• Players
  • 30737 battles

Thanks,

Nonamanadus #163 Posted Nov 10 2017 - 07:16

Major

• Players
  • 28109 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
You should name a topic in honor of the "13th man" for egregious misplays turning an epic win into an unforgettable loss.

Redwing6 #164 Posted Feb 18 2018 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 27265 battles
bumped!

_KlingerMax_ #165 Posted Mar 10 2018 - 22:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 2854 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

Thank you for this wealth of information.  This is an amazing "World" that has been created for morons like me to stumble around in.

After about 2 months of playing this game I am wondering if  it is possible to get a mentor or teacher to answer simple questions about how to proceed.  It seems to me that since this is largely a team activity, newcomers like myself could benefit from some basic coaching from more experienced players in order to make a better contribution to the games we play.  Is this unrealistic?  Did those of you who have become good at this game do it all by dint of personal effort?

Some basic questions I have that I just haven't found suggestions for yet:

In the early stages of learning this game, where should I concentrate my effort?  Getting the "best vehicle" like the KV1 as suggested by QuickyBaby or sticking with the vehicle I'm most comfortable in until I improve my basic game skills like hitting what I'm trying to shoot at :)?

How much time do you have to devote to this to get a clue?  I worry that just playing multiple games without improving only reinforces bad habits.  Are there clans for noobs that would give us a chance to develop skills as a team?  I've really enjoyed the random battles I've played where more experienced players take the lead and direct idiots like me so I can make a contribution and do some damage to the other team before I get killed.

I'm sure these questions are not unique.  I will continue to study this wealth of information that you have provided and do what I can on my own.  But as an old geezer, I might be dead before anything comes of it!  Sincere thanks for your devoted service to this game.

Sask_Outrider #166 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 19:53

Major

• Players
  • 30737 battles

View PostNonamanadus, on Nov 10 2017 - 00:16, said:

You should name a topic in honor of the "13th man" for egregious misplays turning an epic win into an unforgettable loss.

Too Soon.

Sask_Outrider #167 Posted Mar 21 2018 - 20:02

Major

• Players
  • 30737 battles

View Postmtkace, on Mar 10 2018 - 15:10, said:

Thank you for this wealth of information.  This is an amazing "World" that has been created for morons like me to stumble around in.

After about 2 months of playing this game I am wondering if  it is possible to get a mentor or teacher to answer simple questions about how to proceed.  It seems to me that since this is largely a team activity, newcomers like myself could benefit from some basic coaching from more experienced players in order to make a better contribution to the games we play.  Is this unrealistic?  Did those of you who have become good at this game do it all by dint of personal effort?

Some basic questions I have that I just haven't found suggestions for yet:

In the early stages of learning this game, where should I concentrate my effort?  Getting the "best vehicle" like the KV1 as suggested by QuickyBaby or sticking with the vehicle I'm most comfortable in until I improve my basic game skills like hitting what I'm trying to shoot at :)?

How much time do you have to devote to this to get a clue?  I worry that just playing multiple games without improving only reinforces bad habits.  Are there clans for noobs that would give us a chance to develop skills as a team?  I've really enjoyed the random battles I've played where more experienced players take the lead and direct idiots like me so I can make a contribution and do some damage to the other team before I get killed.

I'm sure these questions are not unique.  I will continue to study this wealth of information that you have provided and do what I can on my own.  But as an old geezer, I might be dead before anything comes of it!  Sincere thanks for your devoted service to this game.

Sadly the vast majority of the players in this game are not very good at it.  If they were my stats would be really really bad.

It has been my experience that most clans that are open for membership contain players that will not help you get better.  Only the top clans (I was in one called DICE a long time ago) have players that can really coach you.

I have learned most of what I know from playing, writing these guides, reading guides, and watching youtube.  The two people I watch are sirfoch and quickybaby.  While sirfoch can be very salty he has some very good insights into the game.  Quckybaby also has very good insights and is much more PG.

IMHO the key to getting better is to go into every game trying to figure out how to win regardless of the team you are on.  When you lose try to think of what you could have done differently to change the outcome.  If you find yourself blaming your team you are not learning.  We all do it but the best players do it very rarely.

Good luck on the battlefield,

SaskO

Sask_Outrider #168 Posted Jul 28 2018 - 17:35

Major

• Players
  • 30737 battles

Bump

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users