'Checkpoint' mission update

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Lert #1 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:24

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37803 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

I completed the 'Advancing up the line' missions 1, 2 and 3 loyally every day so far, and today I got my three days of premium as per the 'Checkpoint' mission. Even though the mission itself doesn't update and remains apparently unavailable, this shows that it is being tracked.

Private2AT #2 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35108 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
need to edit your photo and put a circle around the green box with the 1 in it in the upper right corner that is showing the tracking and that it is only displayed when you click on the mission details.

Lert #3 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:27

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37803 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Why? It'll be funny to point it out to people who complain despite it being right there.

Tango72 #4 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5680 battles
  • [UFP] UFP

i actually REALLY hate this challenge. mathematically, i have to spend about 20-28 days doing nothing but playing WoT to get 12 days of premium and a Tetrarch. while i love scout tanks, this is a little ridiculous. 

also, what are you posting about... just a PSA for others?

hardicon #5 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30872 battles
  • [FEL0N] FEL0N

Well god forbid Tango that they make missions where you get rewarded playing the game.  That makes sense to me, they want people to play, so they reward those that play.  It seems like people would like it if they made a mission where you get rewarded for not playing the game.

Something like this, don't play for 30 days at all and get a type 59.  That sounds kind of silly.  I mean it is just a tetrarch, its not like it is going to kill people if they don't get it.

BlueMini1500 #6 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:37

Major

• Players
  • 13372 battles
  • [D-O-S] D-O-S

View PostTango72, on Mar 07 2014 - 15:30, said:

i actually REALLY hate this challenge. mathematically, i have to spend about 20-28 days doing nothing but playing WoT to get 12 days of premium and a Tetrarch. while i love scout tanks, this is a little ridiculous. 

15k xp a day is nothing. You do realize that right? Even without a premium account, if u just run doubles, you can complete it in under 2 hours. That seems very reasonable to me

Lert #7 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:37

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37803 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostTango72, on Mar 07 2014 - 20:30, said:

Yep! There've been a number of complaints / forum threads about the Checkpoint mission 'not updating properly' upon completion of the 'advancing up the line' missions.

As for the mission: hey, if WG wants to give me 12 days of premium, a tet and a slot just for doing what I do anyways, who am I to stop them?

pauli #8 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:38

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19931 battles
  • [CELTS] CELTS

View PostTango72, on Mar 07 2014 - 15:30, said:

it's only 15k xp a night, which is the easiest daily I can remember.

Tango72 #9 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5680 battles
  • [UFP] UFP
my point being that they are only rewarding people that play it sitting on a crapbucket, or the purple-people-eaters that get 9001 xp every match. (lol 2 hours)  This is far from a hard challenge, but I hate that they dont simply reward you for playing a couple of hours every day. I've gotten it once myself but have already fallen just short 4 times because i dont want to and cant stay up till 4 AM. life > games

Crex #10 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5638 battles
  • [SOU] SOU

View PostBlueMini1500, on Mar 07 2014 - 15:37, said:

15k xp a day is nothing. You do realize that right? Even without a premium account, if u just run doubles, you can complete it in under 2 hours. That seems very reasonable to me

This is a popular refrain I hear a lot from people who I suspect have huge tanks with huge guns relative to the person they're saying this to.

If your best tank is Tier 5 or so and you're relatively new to the game, it can take a while to get that 15k xp. I've had fun getting the cash money from doing it, but my friends who have played far fewer games than I have are struggling mightily. Anyone with a premium Tier 8 can probably get this done in, what, 15 battles a day, win or lose? I'm not sure, but I know this: we're not all there.

Note: I like this event and the only complaint I have really is that I have to be out of town for a long weekend, which is enough "not on WOT" time to screw my chances of getting it done since I need to complete "7 once-a-days" 4 times in 31 days. Not much wiggle room there for being away from an internet connection. I still like the extra money every day, and it has certainly made me play more than usual. So... success, I suppose.

Edited by Crex, Mar 07 2014 - 21:44.

pauli #11 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:45

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19931 battles
  • [CELTS] CELTS

View PostTango72, on Mar 07 2014 - 15:41, said:

my point being that they are only rewarding people that play it sitting on a crapbucket, or the purple-people-eaters that get 9001 xp every match. (lol 2 hours)  This is far from a hard challenge, but I hate that they dont simply reward you for playing a couple of hours every day. I've gotten it once myself but have already fallen just short 4 times because i dont want to and cant stay up till 4 AM. life > games

life IS more important than games - that's fine! If the mission is too demanding (which I totally get), don't worry about it. You might want to try for the platoon missions instead, or join a clan for the upcoming clannie bonus missions.

It's just a game. If you don't have the time (or the correct tanks) to get free virtual tankbucks... let it slide. The missions aren't aimed at you. That's frustrating (it frustrates me as well, a lot of the time), but it's not a big deal.

The good news is that the WGNA is slowly getting better at the daily missions - they're actually getting easier over time. I'm a mid level player, and with the help of premium and some good platoon mates, I've been finishing the 15kxp mission every night (in about 3-3.5 hours, driving only one or two tanks). the 50k damage missions? never could get those done outside of weekends, running selected tanks.

Doogleburg #12 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15761 battles
  • [GOT1] GOT1

View PostTango72, on Mar 07 2014 - 20:41, said:

2-3 hours a day to get the 15k? what is your problem? i usually play 8 hours or more...

Lert #13 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:48

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37803 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostTango72, on Mar 07 2014 - 20:41, said:

but I hate that they dont simply reward you for playing a couple of hours every day

They do. Getting-a-tet is only one of many missions that are available, the smallest of which is "get 5k XP in a 24 hour period". The rewards are scaled to the difficulty of the mission. Small, tiny missions get small, tiny rewards. There are missions for everyone, not just for "people that play it sitting on a crapbucket, or the purple-people-eaters that get 9001 xp every match".

You're just upset that you're not getting the exact same rewards as people that do put time and effort into getting something.

Doogleburg #14 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15761 battles
  • [GOT1] GOT1

View PostCrex, on Mar 07 2014 - 20:43, said:

This is a popular refrain I hear a lot from people who I suspect have huge tanks with huge guns relative to the person they're saying this to.

If your best tank is Tier 5 or so and you're relatively new to the game, it can take a while to get that 15k xp. I've had fun getting the cash money from doing it, but my friends who have played far fewer games than I have are struggling mightily. Anyone with a premium Tier 8 can probably get this done in, what, 15 battles a day, win or lose? I'm not sure, but I know this: we're not all there.

Note: I like this event and the only complaint I have really is that I have to be out of town for a long weekend, which is enough "not on WOT" time to screw my chances of getting it done since I need to complete "7 once-a-days" 4 times in 31 days. Not much wiggle room there for being away from an internet connection. I still like the extra money every day, and it has certainly made me play more than usual. So... success, I suppose.

I commonly get 1-2k xp on my double's on my tier 4-6 tanks...what are you doing 0 damage?

pauli #15 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19931 battles
  • [CELTS] CELTS
It's also worth remembering what the game was like before any of these missions existed - the only way to get credits was to grind for them. Conditions continue to improve!

waylandcool #16 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24533 battles
  • [PDL] PDL

View PostTango72, on Mar 07 2014 - 14:30, said:

I'm a bad player and I can get 15K exp. in about 20 matches.  That is not all day (takes 3 about 3 hours max.)

earthman34 #17 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:53

Captain

• Players
  • 20493 battles

View PostCrex, on Mar 07 2014 - 14:43, said:

I play mostly tier 5 and 6. 15k experience on the daily doubles takes only about an hour. With doubles on a win you get at around 2k exp, it's really only 8-10 games in a lot of cases.

Tango72 #18 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5680 battles
  • [UFP] UFP

They do. Getting-a-tet is only one of many missions that are available, the smallest of which is "get 5k XP in a 24 hour period". The rewards are scaled to the difficulty of the mission. Small, tiny missions get small, tiny rewards.

ok point taken. i have had the extra cash for gun rammers, ect. 

2-3 hours a day to get the 15k? what is your problem? i usually play 8 hours or more...

i usually spend 8 or more hours on a job....

roneth #19 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21857 battles

View Postpauli, on Mar 07 2014 - 14:49, said:

It's also worth remembering what the game was like before any of these missions existed - the only way to get credits was to grind for them. Conditions continue to improve!

This...

Many players dont remember what it was like before they started adding missions.  And that is OK.  New players are needed and the more new features that WG adds the better.

The higher tier tanks you have and the better player you are, the easier an "easy" mission like this.  It is easy for me.  I did it last Tuesday in 7 matches, all doubles.  Not breaking my arm patting myself on the back, just saying that the level of difficulty for people who play every day is not high.

For some folks it is.  First off, I believe it is Tier 4 or better.  Second, you have to finish in the top 10 for the xp to count.  For some players, that can be a challenge.  As Lert mentioned though, if you get 5K exp a day, you still get an extra 25K.  If that is all you play, you still get something.

For me, the only "hard" part about this mission is can I put the requisite total number of days in for the month.  I am out of town one day next week and have a trip at the end of the month that hasnt come together yet...

if I cant get the extra gold for the Tetrach (since I kept mine) then i will do it as much as I can and get the free days.

This game is TOTALLY set up to play as much, or as little, as you want.  WG trys to reward both styles, but there has to be a minimum somewhere.

Crex #20 Posted Mar 07 2014 - 21:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5638 battles
  • [SOU] SOU

View PostDoogleburg, on Mar 07 2014 - 15:49, said:

I commonly get 1-2k xp on my double's on my tier 4-6 tanks...what are you doing 0 damage?

I'm not personally having a problem getting this done every night, but that's because I've got a good number of tanks that I can drive adequately. This event's been great for me -- I've made a lot of bonus credits. I'm sad that I won't get a Tet b/c of my inconvenient vacation, but meh... them's the breaks.

My friends who are newer to the game, though? The guys who are lucky to get a kill before they die? They get like 600 experience on their doubled win, and it does take them forever to punch through the 15k.

I'm just saying that I understand where that train of thought's coming from, is all.

Edited by Crex, Mar 07 2014 - 21:57.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users