Jump to content


M4 Sherman and M4E8 Sherman


This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

church97 #1 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 03:37

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    03-20-2011
yes the Sherman was killed repeatedly in the war and the only reason we used them was cuz we could pump them out so quickly

devs do us all a favor and make the armor thinner and the gun a little less powerful

xGear #2 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 03:44

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 1,211
  • Member since:
    07-08-2010
I lol'd.

Sadukar09 #3 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 03:44

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 3,299
  • Member since:
    02-20-2011
Why is this even here?

Wrath_From_Above #4 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 03:45

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    02-21-2011

View Postzelatore20, on Apr 17 2011 - 03:37, said:

yes the Sherman was killed repeatedly in the war and the only reason we used them was cuz we could pump them out so quickly

devs do us all a favor and make the armor thinner and the gun a little less powerful


So you're going to nerf the IS-7, 704, IS-4, IS-3, T-54, T-44, and KV too??

The_Galloping_Platypus #5 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 03:55

    Sergeant

  • Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 125
  • Member since:
    02-26-2010
If they're so easy and prevalent can we drop them down to tier 2 or 3 as well?

ramp4ge #6 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 03:59

    Major

  • Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 8,870
  • Member since:
    06-16-2010
T-34 and T-34/85 are the most destroyed tanks in history.

I demand they be nerf'd.

But by all means nerf the Shermans guns! The M1A1 and M1A2 aren't already the weakest guns of their tier..

Oh wait..

tankboy1138 #7 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 04:06

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,488
  • Member since:
    02-23-2011
The sherman was an infantry-support tank, it was not necessarily designed for solo tank-to tank combat. A sherman is toast unsupported, and when in a wolfpack, devastating. It DOES have weak armor, and the guns are average, except for my beloved 105mm. The sherman is right in the middle for tier 5. I think it's perfect as is, and it's my favorite tank. :Smile_honoring:

ramp4ge #8 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 04:17

    Major

  • Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 8,870
  • Member since:
    06-16-2010
It was an infantry support tank when it had the 75mm gun.

When it got the 76mm M1A1 and M1A2, it could go toe to toe with a Panzer IV or a T-34. And in Korea, E8s smacked T-34/85s all over the place.

VincentVanGoonsay #9 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 14:33

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    07-21-2010

View Postzelatore20, on Apr 17 2011 - 03:37, said:

yes the Sherman was killed repeatedly in the war and the only reason we used them was cuz we could pump them out so quickly

devs do us all a favor and make the armor thinner and the gun a little less powerful

Look at this. Look how wrong this is. We've hit Peak Wrongness.

Sputter #10 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 15:12

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 373
  • Member since:
    11-26-2010
watch they actually nerf the e8 or m4 before they even think of nerfing the russian tanks that need it lol

CommodoreFrank #11 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 17:15

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 852
  • Member since:
    04-11-2011
Sure, they weren't the best tank killers individually, but that's the beauty of mass production. I'm looking forward to working my way up to one sometime, but I'm a while off, since I'm going up the light line to the M7 first.

Garand #12 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 17:45

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 1,219
  • Member since:
    10-30-2010

View Postzelatore20, on Apr 17 2011 - 03:37, said:

yes the Sherman was killed repeatedly in the war and the only reason we used them was cuz we could pump them out so quickly

devs do us all a favor and make the armor thinner and the gun a little less powerful


Lets see.. looking at your stats the only Tier 5 tanks you have driven are the Churchill and the T14.  Everything else is tier 1 through tier 3 lights.  The M4 and E8 are tiers 5 and 6.  Both can mount a 76mm gun that will rip through everything you have.

zelatore20 stats

How about you get yourself a real tier 5 med or heavy with a decent gun (e.g. no stock gun) and get back to us.  :)

ramp4ge #13 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 18:48

    Major

  • Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 8,870
  • Member since:
    06-16-2010

Quote

watch they actually nerf the e8 or m4 before they even think of nerfing the russian tanks that need it lol

They've already done it. In the same patch they buffed the T-34 and IS-4.

church97 #14 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 21:50

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    03-20-2011

View PostGarand, on Apr 17 2011 - 17:45, said:

Lets see.. looking at your stats the only Tier 5 tanks you have driven are the Churchill and the T14.  Everything else is tier 1 through tier 3 lights.  The M4 and E8 are tiers 5 and 6.  Both can mount a 76mm gun that will rip through everything you have.

zelatore20 stats

How about you get yourself a real tier 5 med or heavy with a decent gun (e.g. no stock gun) and get back to us.  :)

doesnt matter what i have cuz Ive seen ppl get completely owned by both variants of the Sherman. Ive also seen a KV get shot like three times and it was killed. It was a Sherman. plus the T14 has pretty thick armor and i got hit twice with it and died

THE SHERMAN IS OVERPOWERED

rycerz2 #15 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 21:58

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    07-15-2010

View Postzelatore20, on Apr 17 2011 - 21:50, said:

doesnt matter what i have cuz Ive seen ppl get completely owned by both variants of the Sherman. Ive also seen a KV get shot like three times and it was killed. It was a Sherman. plus the T14 has pretty thick armor and i got hit twice with it and died

THE SHERMAN IS OVERPOWERED

51mm is thick? Since when? BTW KV is easy to kill with 105mm or 76mm so... And it isn't OP as it has weak armor. It's easy to kill but its easier to kill with it... :Smile_honoring:

Yank #16 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 22:03

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 109
  • Member since:
    02-04-2011

View Postzelatore20, on Apr 17 2011 - 21:50, said:

doesnt matter what i have cuz Ive seen ppl get completely owned by both variants of the Sherman.
This could simply be an indication of a good player who knows how to play the tank. As a Sherman driver myself, I can tell you that the armor is paper thin, and they are not overpowered. Try playing them yourself & I bet you will be crying about it. I played an E8 all throughout beta and hated the thing cuz I died so much. I'm just now getting decent with it & growing to like it. After playing the easy 8, other tanks seem so much easier. I think playing American mediums makes you a better player.

rycerz2 #17 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 22:10

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 104
  • Member since:
    07-15-2010

View PostYank, on Apr 17 2011 - 22:03, said:

This could simply be an indication of a good player who knows how to play the tank. As a Sherman driver myself, I can tell you that the armor is paper thin, and they are not overpowered. Try playing them yourself & I bet you will be crying about it. I played an E8 all throughout beta and hated the thing cuz I died so much. I'm just now getting decent with it & growing to like it. After playing the easy 8, other tanks seem so much easier. I think playing American mediums makes you a better player.
This is a truth. It's hard to use but i like it 'coz when u learn how u can easily kill EVERY tank u see. :Smile-playing: It makes u a better player too BUT they are REALLY UNFORGIVING... :Smile_harp: U have to play PERFECTLY. After 100 battles or more u start to play almost perfectly without thinking much... :Smile_honoring:

tankboy1138 #18 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 23:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 1,488
  • Member since:
    02-23-2011
I dominate in the sherman with 105mm. But it fits my playstyle, and I KNOW how to use it. I cannot drive KV's at all, but many people think they're the best tier 5 tank. It doesn't need a nerf. It's not OP. Often, shermans get thrown in battles with serious havy tanks. The 105mm BARELY lets it contend at all.

church97 #19 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 12:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    03-20-2011
Im not trying to say that anyone else sucks at this game or that the sherman needs to suck to the point where no one wants to use it. i just wanted people to know how i feel about the sherman
besides it didnt even have the 105mm gun til after the Korean War

captking #20 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 13:26

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
  • 2,031
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

View Postzelatore20, on Apr 18 2011 - 12:11, said:

Im not trying to say that anyone else sucks at this game or that the sherman needs to suck to the point where no one wants to use it. i just wanted people to know how i feel about the sherman
besides it didnt even have the 105mm gun til after the Korean War
:Smile-hiding:

:Smile_honoring:
1944 was the first,  till 1945.  Thats Late WWII,  but before Korea.


:Smile_harp:  The neither M4 and Easy8 are Over powered.  The M4 has an advantage right now, this Tank doesn't have to deal with TII/T32/IS-3s yet.  When there are more of these,  the M4 will loose some of its power. <_<  

If you think they are tough now, :Smile-izmena: wait till you face a player who had played 1000 games in the M4 and E8.  Before the Hare Wipe i have close to 1200 games in these 2 tanks combined.  That 100% crew + Add ons + Consumables.  The E8 will spit shells like a machine gun (Penetration is lacking) and can really get the attention of bigger tanks from a BANG BANG BANG BANG perspective.  

The M4 is probably the most balanced of the US line.  Good Speed, Avg Armor, Many gun selection.  :mellow:  

The E8 is still a little Off,  IMHO just needs a Gun that Penetrated up to Tier TII reliably even from the side.  To many time i have been 90 off a T29 to have 70%+ bounce.  :)