camouflage and fuel tanks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

cdauch #1 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 05:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 34882 battles
  • [THIRD] THIRD
In Wiki is says that bushes provide camo but trees do not.  What if you knock down the trees?  Does the folage from the knocked down tree provide camo?  Also, what effect does a hit to the fuel tank module have on my vehicle.  My only guess is that it affects engine performance but have not been able to verify this in game play.

1N54N3 #2 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 05:14

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10676 battles
Hi,

knocking down a tree does not currently provide cover. The fallen tree can be spotted as being fallen so the thought is that someone felled it, thus is in the area.

Your fuel tanks have both an explosion factor and a fire factor like your engine does. If they blow up, your tank blows up, if they catch on fire, you slowly roast. Same with the ammo rack.

Now, if your fuel tanks are orange and you did not blow up or catch fire, you can consider yourself truely lucky. The range thing the tanker talks about doesn't mean anything. You won't run out of gas.

Eule #3 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 07:57

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 575 battles
I remember reading somewhere that the devs want to make fallen trees useful for camouflage, but I can't find the reference now. Not sure whether that's still in the works or not.

cdauch #4 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 08:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 34882 battles
  • [THIRD] THIRD
Thanks for the quick reply.  I guess I'll stop running around at the start of matches knocking down trees.  I thought I was making prepared defensive positions but it sound like I was just wasting my time.

Ricox #5 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 10:16

Major

• Players
  • 3801 battles
  • [F-AUX] F-AUX

View Postcdauch, on Apr 17 2011 - 08:56, said:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I guess I'll stop running around at the start of matches knocking down trees.  I thought I was making prepared defensive positions but it sound like I was just wasting my time.

Well, it isn't exactly wasting your time. It can be quite fun in urban maps driving throught villages, knocking down every fence, small house, pile of wood and tree. Sometimes you need to watch out, thought, since you can easily detect enemy tank's location in SPG's overhead view if something is destroyed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users