• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

Laera #1 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1116 battles

POPULAR

Hey folks!

I know many of you have already seen this post over on the EU forums or over on Reddit, but for those of you who haven't here's some information on the Historical Battles coming in 9.0!

You will be able to enter Historical battle mode choosing ‘Historical Battle Mode’ in the window for battle type selection. If you're currently a member of a platoon the option for Historical battles’ will be inactive.

Below you can see the menu for selection between historical battles. This menu will appear after you had entered the mode:

This is the main menu. Using this menu you can choose a historical battle, vehicle and download the ammunition before you can enter the battle.  Upon the release of 9.0, you will be able to choose between three historical battles:

• Lake Balaton offensive. Map: Erlenberg

Vehicles:           USSR – IS, T-34, T-34-85, ISU-152, SU-100, SU-76

Germany – Stug III, Tiger II, Panther, Pz IV, Jagdtiger, Jagdpanther

• Battle of Kursk. Map: Prokhorovka

Vehicles:           USSR – SU-152, KV-1S, SU-85, T-34, T-70, SU-76,

Germany – Ferdinand, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger I, StuG III, Pz II, Pz III

• Ardennes Offensive. Map: Erlenberg

Vehicles:           USA - M10 Wolverine, M18 Hellcat, M36 Jackson, M4A3E8 Sherman, M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo

Germany – Jagdpanther, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger I, StuG III, Tiger II

Here you will be able to choose the vehicle and a nation of tanks to fight with in this historical battle. For that purpose simply click on the vehicle you want to play and it will be chosen automatically if you have this vehicle in your hangar.

Tanks that are not available in your hangar will be marked with dark color and won’t be available for selection.

Translation:

---

(«Bыбранный» = «Chosen», «Есть в ангаре, может выйти в бой» = «it’s available, you can participate using it in the battle», «Нету в ангаре» = «It’s not available in the hangar», «Есть в ангаре, не может выйти в бой» = «It’s available in the hangar, but you can’t participate using it» )

---

The vehicle will participate with the same crew as in any other battle types. In a Historical reference section you should be able to learn more about the battle. On the right side from the vehicle selection menu you will be able to find the information about the game mode as well as the map you will be playing on. 

There are three possible Game modes for Historical battles:

•          Standard battle
  •          Assault
  •          Encounter battle

---

Translation of the screenshots above:

Ruinberg

Assault

Team A – Defence

Team B – Assault

---

The information about costs of ammunition and ammunition load used in this historical battle can be found  above the “Battle” button.  Ammunition load can’t be changed  and has to be paid entirely before you can join the battle. The costs of not used ammunition will be credited back after the battle.

The menu for modules selection is not available in this mode. When you hover the mouse over its area the client shows information about vehicle modules in the certain historical battle.  Even if you don't have all necessary modules on his vehicle, the missing modules will be installed on the vehicle for the period of the historical battle for free.

Just like other modes, the matchmaker screen will appear after pushing the “Battle” button.  As in the case of random battles the matchmaker of historical battles doesn't take into account the win rate and amount of battles already played by the respective user. The main balancing parameter is the balance weight of the vehicle, which is individual for each tank available in this battle.

Team composition of both teams may differ regarding the amount of vehicles and vehicle tiers but both teams will be always equal considering their total balance weight. 

There will be no voice chat in historical battles but it will be possible to communicate with team members (as well as with the enemies) via normal chat.

That's all for now, folks! Feel free to also check out QuickyBaby's video overview of Historical Battles: 

Chrysblade #2 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:16

Captain

• Players
  • 18134 battles

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GGGGGGGIIIIIMMMEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW

:ohmy: ->:amazed:->:popcorn:->:bush:->:justwait:->:arta:->:medal::girl::coin: This gon be gud

_No_Ammo_ #3 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7214 battles

Finnaly!

_Nygard_ #4 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:18

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 44621 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
Mien Tiger!

Vanagandr #5 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:19

Major

• Players
  • 24993 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

I'm just waiting to see how WG will screw up historical battles.

View PostDiastant, on Mar 11 2014 - 16:17, said:

inb4 wehraboos 

View PostSgt_Nygard, on Mar 11 2014 - 16:18, said:

Mien Tiger!

Also lol

Edited by Vanagandr, Mar 11 2014 - 22:19.

3BAC #6 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:19

Major

• Players
  • 54209 battles

View PostLaera, on Mar 11 2014 - 22:14, said:

Hey folks!

I know many of you have already seen this post over on the EU forums or over on Reddit, but for those of you who haven't here's some information on the Historical Battles coming in 9.0!

You will be able to enter Historical battle mode choosing ‘Historical Battle Mode’ in the window for battle type selection. If you're currently a member of a platoon the option for Historical battles’ will be inactive.

Laera, is there a plan to let platoons participate in Historical Battle Mode in the future?  I think these would be more interesting if you're playing with someone you know.

SdKfz252 #7 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:20

Major

• Players
  • 9475 battles
  • [-IVI-] -IVI-

Finally :sceptic:

Anyway, I hope these matches wont be one-sided like most Confrontation battles...

blackzaru #8 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:21

Major

• Players
  • 20578 battles
  • [UBH-T] UBH-T

Nice!!!

View PostLaera, on Mar 11 2014 - 23:14, said:

Vehicles:           USA - M10 Wolverine, M18 Hellcat, M36 Jackson, M4A3E8 Sherman, M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo

I hope there will be a limit of 1 tiger 2 per battle for that one...

soviet_T_47 #9 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:21

Captain

• Players
  • 12423 battles
  • [MOC] MOC
answers alot of my questions.

1Sherman #10 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:23

Major

• Players
  • 5071 battles

View PostLaera, on Mar 11 2014 - 22:14, said:

Hey folks!

Below you can see the menu for selection between historical battles. This menu will appear after you had entered the mode:

This is the main menu. Using this menu you can choose a historical battle, vehicle and download the ammunition before you can enter the battle.  Upon the release of 9.0, you will be able to choose between three historical battles:

• Lake Balaton offensive. Map: Erlenberg

Vehicles:           USSR – IS, T-34, T-34-85, ISU-152, SU-100, SU-76

Germany – Stug III, Tiger II, Panther, Pz IV, Jagdtiger, Jagdpanther

• Battle of Kursk. Map: Prokhorovka

Vehicles:           USSR – SU-152, KV-1S, SU-85, T-34, T-70, SU-76,

Germany – Ferdinand, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger I, StuG III, Pz II, Pz III

Here you will be able to choose the vehicle and a nation of tanks to fight with in this historical battle. For that purpose simply click on the vehicle you want to play and it will be chosen automatically if you have this vehicle in your hangar.

Tanks that are not available in your hangar will be marked with dark color and won’t be available for selection.

Translation:

---

(«Bыбранный» = «Chosen», «Есть в ангаре, может выйти в бой» = «it’s available, you can participate using it in the battle», «Нету в ангаре» = «It’s not available in the hangar», «Есть в ангаре, не может выйти в бой» = «It’s available in the hangar, but you can’t participate using it» )

---

The vehicle will participate with the same crew as in any other battle types. In a Historical reference section you should be able to learn more about the battle. On the right side from the vehicle selection menu you will be able to find the information about the game mode as well as the map you will be playing on. 

There are three possible Game modes for Historical battles:

•          Standard battle
  •          Assault
  •          Encounter battle

---

Translation of the screenshots above:

Ruinberg

Assault

Team A – Defence

Team B – Assault

---

The information about costs of ammunition and ammunition load used in this historical battle can be found  above the “Battle” button.  Ammunition load can’t be changed  and has to be paid entirely before you can join the battle. The costs of not used ammunition will be credited back after the battle.

The menu for modules selection is not available in this mode. When you hover the mouse over its area the client shows information about vehicle modules in the certain historical battle.  Even if you don't have all necessary modules on his vehicle, the missing modules will be installed on the vehicle for the period of the historical battle for free.

Just like other modes, the matchmaker screen will appear after pushing the “Battle” button.  As in the case of random battles the matchmaker of historical battles doesn't take into account the win rate and amount of battles already played by the respective user. The main balancing parameter is the balance weight of the vehicle, which is individual for each tank available in this battle.

Team composition of both teams may differ regarding the amount of vehicles and vehicle tiers but both teams will be always equal considering their total balance weight. 

There will be no voice chat in historical battles but it will be possible to communicate with team members (as well as with the enemies) via normal chat.

That's all for now, folks! Feel free to also check out QuickyBaby's video overview of Historical Battles: 

Welp, time to rebuy that POS Panzer IV and start down the Russian TD line (I want to be well prepared).

Edited by 1Sherman, Mar 12 2014 - 15:21.

Rusty_907 #11 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27680 battles
i haven't lost a battle as Germany in confrontation mode v anyone so i hope this will be as German biased ;).

FlamingTier #12 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:32

Major

• Players
  • 8768 battles
  • [-M1-] -M1-
Wow, this is exciting.

scout_in_da_house #13 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:34

Major

• Players
  • 37939 battles
  • [LABS] LABS

I was gonna ask if it could be implemented in platoons but then I saw Jagtigers can go against SU 76s??

Maybe wrong interpreting on my behalf, time to check that vid

bip2 #14 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 17275 battles
And to think I just researched the Jagdtiger and the Tiger II :smile:

TalesOfNepgear #15 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:47

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16870 battles
  • [DOKI] DOKI

I can't wait

Edsgarth #16 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 63831 battles

Ardennes, M10...

:bush:

Legiondude #17 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 20134 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostVanagandr, on Mar 11 2014 - 16:19, said:

I'm just waiting to see how WG will screw up historical battles.

Wehraboos will call it screwed up because the Tiger I has to use the short 88

MalabananCrew #18 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 23:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 16137 battles
  • [B_I_G] B_I_G
lol JT will rule this mode...

sourmash #19 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 23:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19875 battles
  • [-GSG-] -GSG-

OOOOOH YEAHHHHH !!!!!  :veryhappy:

pappina #20 Posted Mar 11 2014 - 23:41

Major

• Players
  • 16865 battles
  • [ARMDA] ARMDA
I am hoping eventually they will add in new maps for this game mode.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users