Newbie Tips From a Newbie

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Vrekgar #1 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 10:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 13326 battles
After a couple days of struggling I've figured some important things out that I never saw or heard of.

1) Crew ranking. Rank up your Crew ASAP. If you cant pay gold to get em 100% then pay the 20k and get em to 75 pronto. Its not as important for lower tier tank fights but as you get into T4-5 Its more and more important. The sooner you can get crew trained in secondary skills the better.

2) Crew Management. When you move up a tier its a wise investment to bring your old, Preferably skilled, crew with you. Even if it means more grinding or gold to transfer them. The secondary skills your crew gains transfers along with the crew.

3) Get CammoNet ASAP. 25% Camobonus when not moving is useful as all heck. And you can even transfer it between tanks.

4) Learn when to use AP or HE ammo and where you need to hit targets to do the most good.

5) Learn to be Patient. Those lights that dash off at the start of battle straight to the enemy base often die horrible painful deaths for nothing. If they could have waited they could have provided valuable spotting for SPG's and TD's. Also, When the teams get low on players, stick close to the flag and wait until someone comes to cap. You can almost always get the first shot off if your hidden and they are in the circle.

6) Learn how to push back a Cap. By shooting enemy tanks trying to cap thier progress meter is severely hindered. You have to do damage with your shots, bounces dont count, but even a little damage can make the difference.

Yamaxanadu #2 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 10:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostVrekgar, on Apr 17 2011 - 10:37, said:

6) Learn how to push back a Cap. By shooting enemy tanks trying to cap thier progress meter is severely hindered. You have to do damage with your shots, bounces dont count, but even a little damage can make the difference.
My advice about pushing back caps... Shoot tracks if you doubt that you can penetrate armor or chances of bounces are high.

junkheap #3 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 11:07

Private

• Players
  • 5457 battles

View PostYamaxanadu, on Apr 17 2011 - 10:54, said:

My advice about pushing back caps... Shoot tracks if you doubt that you can penetrate armor or chances of bounces are high.

Also, if there are more than one enemy tanks in the circle, take turns hitting each of them (unless one is near death and they aren't real close to capping)

soridus76 #4 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 11:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 743 battles
Another one I'd say is learn how to use terrain and cover to your advantage. Yes racing around in the open is fun and some times necessary, mobility has it's role but position does too.

Attack angle counts. Shells can hit or bounce off depending on angle. Tanks have weak points, or biting angles. A biting angle is where the shell has a high chance of penetrating, like a 90 degree hit or armor creases, such as where the turret connects to the hull, and of course tracks.

Learn how to get what is called "hull down" and "turret down". This is very useful on some maps. These are real life tank tactics. Hull down is when you drive up to a rise in the ground, with only your gun sticking up above, you can shoot but your hull is protected by the ground. Can also be used with barriers or even destroyed tank hulls, depending on how tall your tank is. Then there is turret down position, where the whole tank is at a lower level, and becomes very hard to hit from a distance (except for by SPGs)

You can also use high ground and inclines to get better attack angles, and even make it so the enemy can't raise or lower their gun enough to hit you, but you can hit them. Using small bumps to tilt your tank up or down to get a higher or lower arc helps also.

Danylu #5 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 11:59

First lieutenant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 7278 battles
One more thing I'd say is to use HE if the priority is to break cap points. This tactic only really works if time is running out and you simply can't afford a bounce :)

Otherwise of course, killing the capping tanks works.

blade12444 #6 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 12:16

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 7691 battles

View PostYamaxanadu, on Apr 17 2011 - 10:54, said:

loading he works the same

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users