Moving crews from tank to tank...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

JOHNNYBULLDOG #1 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 18:54

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I have a question about moving my crew members.  When I get a crew to 100% in a tank, TD or SPG, I move them to the barracks and put them into the next "like" vehicle I graduate to.  The one thing I notice is that next to the crew members name, the 100% is now highlighted red instead of white.  What does this mean??

I also see things like 75% 100-25 or 83% 100-25+8 next to crew members when I isloate them specifically.  Is this related to the red numbers?  I also notice that if one of the crew members is specific to that vehicle his number 100% (because I paid 200 gold) is still white and he may have 100% 100+8 108 next to his name....

I am confused!  HELP?

Sadukar09 #2 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 18:58

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostJOHNNYBULLDOG, on Apr 17 2011 - 18:54, said:

I have a question about moving my crew members.  When I get a crew to 100% in a tank, TD or SPG, I move them to the barracks and put them into the next "like" vehicle I graduate to.  The one thing I notice is that next to the crew members name, the 100% is now highlighted red instead of white.  What does this mean??

I also see things like 75% 100-25 or 83% 100-25+8 next to crew members when I isloate them specifically.  Is this related to the red numbers?  I also notice that if one of the crew members is specific to that vehicle his number 100% (because I paid 200 gold) is still white and he may have 100% 100+8 108 next to his name....

I am confused!  HELP?

If the % is red, that means they have not been trained in the new vehicle and will suffer penalties. It is 25% for same vehicle class, 50% for different one (Heavy->Medium)

Any + are provided by the commander, or Ventilation if you have it.

Draig #3 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 18:59

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Right click the pic of the crew and train him up in the new tank for 20k creds. At 100% in the old tank he will goto 90% in the new tank.

100% is the main skill. You can train them up when they get to 100% in an additional skill. (Camo, Repair or Firefighting) So you will see this as 100% + 8% in Camo for example. When camo skill gets to 100% you can choose another skill so they will look like 100% 100% 8% or whatever.

Unless you train them up for the tank they are in they operate with a big penanlty to effectivness.

Hope that helps

Reiter #4 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 19:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
Do not move your crewmen.  They are free, but there is a service charge to their compentcy rating if you move them.  Just buy a new tank and new crewmen when get a new one, they are expendable.  The barracks will hold alot of crewmen, I had some 20 tanks I think back in Beta, only upgraded it twice and still had plenty of space left over.  Only time I would move crewmen over is I planned to get rid of a tank and they were pretty well trained + had one of the stealth/repair/fire skills, that small cut to their compentcy wouldn't be noticable and the secondary skill isn't cut.

fritz3d #5 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 19:05

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
It makes sense to retrain crews only if they have high primary skills and especially if they have secondary skills, then you'd really want to transfer them.

Alfonze #6 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 19:27

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
To answer the original poster:

Each crewman is "trained" to work on a certain tank type, such as light tanks or heavy tanks.  Additionally, they are trained for a specific tank, like the Panzer 2, for example.  Now, If you move someone trained in how to use a Pz2 to a tank he's not familiar with, like the Pz3, he will not do his job as efficiently.  That is what the red numbers mean.  That crewman is not trained in how to use that tank.  He needs to be retrained.

To retrain a crewman, first right click on the crewman's name in the main window.  This should bring up a new window.  The soldier's picture will be in the top left and there will be a large box with info in it on the right.  On top of this box are 4 tabs.  Select the one labeled "Training".  Here you can change what tank the crewman is trained to work with.  The easiest thing for me to do is move someone to a new tank, come to this window and select the "Current Tank" button.  This selects the crewman's new training regimen.  Below the buttons to select what he will be trained for is how he will be trained.  There will be 3 wide buttons, each with a different number on them.  The number you choose relates to how well the soldier will be trained to use his new tank.  50% is medium training; 75% is good training; 100% is the best training.  If a button is blacked out, you do not have the credits or gold to use that option.

Once you have retrained that first crewmember, retrain the rest.  It only takes seconds to do and it is preferable to just getting a new crew.  Any medals or achievements that you earn with a crew stay with them, even after they move on to new tanks.  I hope this has helped and feel free to send me a personal message if you have further questions.

One extra note: don't spend credits or gold training crewmen for any tanks tier 4 or below unless you plan on keeping that specific tank.  It's a waste to spend 800 gold only to retrain the crew a week later for another 800 gold.

JOHNNYBULLDOG #7 Posted Apr 17 2011 - 19:37

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Thanks to all for the speedy replies, it was a big help!

PanzerXO #8 Posted Oct 20 2012 - 01:13

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Oops.  Never mind..

PresidentJ #9 Posted Oct 20 2012 - 01:22

Captain

• Players
  • 0 battles
Holy necro thread batman

PanzerXO #10 Posted Oct 20 2012 - 20:23

Captain