• 14095 battles

We have two battles in same time. 

Spoiler

How do you fix this?

Mr_Gordon_Freeman #22 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 04:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14095 battles
We lost the last game because it started 10 seconds after the previous one.

Bianca_strega28 #23 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 06:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 5343 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

In response to the S.I.M.P tanker - this is a great format for us non-uber clans.  A chance to actually earn a profit playing in same tourney as you.  We don't get knocked out first round by a bad luck draw coming up against the S.I.M.P's of the world.  Nothing so disheartening as to do all our tourney prep, then draw the WGLNA Gold Champs first round.  We don't fault you for being good.  But there aren't too many sports where the the high school football teams have to play the SuperBowl champs first round of a tourney. A lot of us have talent, but no resources to develop it.  We can't access the resources on here - clan wars play not designed for us and  knockout tourneys have us beating our heads against the wall.

So this new format is great for us....until such time as all the uber clans can enter 8 or 9 teams in each one of these and keep us out of the top 50 % here as well.  Just how much gold do you guys need? Not really your fault.  WOT sets these up to make it easy for you.

Keep this format WOT - we don't mind playing for 2 hours in three nights for a solid chance at some gold.  We aren't bored between games - we still have lots to do between rounds and get a little socializing in.

Mr_Gordon_Freeman #24 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 19:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14095 battles

View PostGoodRussian, on Mar 25 2014 - 04:00, said:

We have two battles in same time. 

Spoiler

How do you fix this?

The team "Unsullied Freelancers" is waiting for clarification. We ready to replay last battle

DirtD0G #25 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 24219 battles
  • [AWFUL] AWFUL
GGs so far! GL & HF tonight, all!

Bright_Basher #26 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 20:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 7792 battles

View PostBianca_strega28, on Mar 25 2014 - 07:24, said:

In response to the S.I.M.P tanker - this is a great format for us non-uber clans.  A chance to actually earn a profit playing in same tourney as you.  We don't get knocked out first round by a bad luck draw coming up against the S.I.M.P's of the world.  Nothing so disheartening as to do all our tourney prep, then draw the WGLNA Gold Champs first round.  We don't fault you for being good.  But there aren't too many sports where the the high school football teams have to play the SuperBowl champs first round of a tourney. A lot of us have talent, but no resources to develop it.  We can't access the resources on here - clan wars play not designed for us and  knockout tourneys have us beating our heads against the wall.

So this new format is great for us....until such time as all the uber clans can enter 8 or 9 teams in each one of these and keep us out of the top 50 % here as well.  Just how much gold do you guys need? Not really your fault.  WOT sets these up to make it easy for you.

Keep this format WOT - we don't mind playing for 2 hours in three nights for a solid chance at some gold.  We aren't bored between games - we still have lots to do between rounds and get a little socializing in.

Well stated! I couldn't have put it better myself.  :medal:

MasherII #27 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:19

Private

• Players
  • 7943 battles
Where can I find standings for this skirmish. Skirmish 10 had them posted. Somebodys slakin.

dance210 #28 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:23

Major

• Players
  • 24364 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE

View PostMasherII, on Mar 25 2014 - 15:19, said:

Where can I find standings for this skirmish. Skirmish 10 had them posted. Somebodys slakin.

Actually, Skirmish 11 Standings have been posted here for a bit.

I just haven't had a chance to link them to the OP or tournament page yet :tongue:

Radix4257 #29 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:48

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28667 battles

View PostBianca_strega28, on Mar 25 2014 - 01:24, said:

Absolutely hit the nail on the head.  Our clan is in the exactly same position.  We know S.I.M.P. spent a year or more just doing tourneys, and look where they are now.  Well played WG, well played.

Kalis #30 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 04:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26864 battles

View PostBianca_strega28, on Mar 25 2014 - 01:24, said:

Dopper's on my team and his opinion reflected that of my team in general.

We never said the format is bad.  We actually like the new format: Among other things, the gold reward has effectively been doubled for first place, and a few losses in the group stage can still net you 5K prizes and such.

In the old format, there were occasional tournaments where we got eliminated when we had to face the other best team in the bracket in say... the round of 32/16/8.

What we were against was the extreme wait times and overly long timeframe (2.5hrs 3 days in a row is honestly a bit much).  For EDT players, the timeframe was 9:30-11:45pm, and some of the people on my team work at 8am.

The revisions they made for skirmish 11 have already been a huge improvement (7 matches rather than 9, so that the timeframe is 9:30-11:15pm).  One other revision we'd like to see would be a 2 minute additional wait time rather than 5, because honestly, most games do not take the full 10 minutes.  That said, Yoott said they were in the process of implementing this, which is also a plus.

As an example, even today, we had a few matches finish in 2-3 minutes, which then meant a 12-13 minute wait.

Edited by Kalis, Mar 26 2014 - 04:23.

Bianca_strega28 #31 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 07:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 5343 battles
  • [T-F-Z] T-F-Z

Well stated, Kalis.  I meant no offense to your team-mate. Again, the rest of us non uber clans do not fault you for being good.  That being said, a vast majority of the gold resources available through various competitions funnel up to you uber clans.  Any change in tournament format that discourages your teams from entering is good for us.  If that means we have to sacrifice our time and play late in order to enter tourneys that you won't be in due to format, well, then at LEAST we have a fighting chance among our peer group.  You are not our peer group.  And that is a huge problem for about 80% of the clans on here.

Allow me to reiterate - we do not fault the uber clans for being good.  I would just like my clan to compete in a group of our peers.  I do not think that is too much to ask of WOT.  Any organized sport (and if you check our website, we approach this as a sport) has clearly defined levels of play based on skill.  The WGLNA is based on such levels, albeit the teams compete for seeding.  We hope to be in the open league some summer season and are gearing up for that.  I'd like to see the same approach in tournament play.  Instead - we have very slim chances of turning a profit to reinvest in crew training, converting XP or retaining premium accounts.  The rest we can pay for by grinding credits.  For many of us - tourney play is the only chance we have at gold.

I get that WOT needs revenue streams - I have a personal budget assigned to this hobby that I use for clan rewards to help the promising tankers in our clan.  But all WOT has to do to give just a little encouragement to developing clans is adjust a few more tournament formats to allow us to play against our peers and not you.  I believe that if they did that, they would see their revenue stream actually increase. Far more of an incentive for teams to compete more, maybe throw their paypal accounts into this game a little more often to retain those premium accounts - knowing that they actually would have a chance at coming out with some gold.

Moguai #32 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 10:09

Major

• Players
  • 39715 battles
  • [ATO] ATO

Yes in Skirmish 12 they did implement the 10min match 2min wait in the tourny but....... Start Time is 1900 PDT instead of 1800 or 1830 so the end time is not gunna change much.

As for Bianca, I totally see where you are coming from, But we don't mind fighting these "uber-clams" as it helps us improve. And what a feeling it is when you beat one of them. Now we did love the Daily Blitz Tournament as they didn't require us to be available everyday for the whole week or weekend, even though the prize money sucked we loved them because of the structured competition and not the gold (even though it was nice).

PraireWolf #33 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 17:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30623 battles

Greetings

I would like to comment on Skirmish 11.

Generally like the format and the spreading of gold.

I was surprised to realize that the limit of 2 of any 1 tank was not enforced for this tournament.  This came to my realization when we faced off against 3 t71 and could not see the enemy for most of the battle.  Among our team of 8 players only 1 has a T71.  I would prefer that all tournaments have limits.  It would make for more of an interesting game and give the non god like teams to have a chance at 1 kill.

I wonder if there could be divisions for tournaments, Maybe a Gold league Tournament Bronze etc.  Just a thought.

Maybe have the Bravo teams that lost (lower 50%) during the week simply face each other on Friday night and put the new entrants for the Bravo up against other new entrants.  Call the New Entrant section Charlie.  This would be rewarding the Bravo teams that played during the week after taking a beating and maybe give them an incentive to show up.  This is just a thought.  I realize some ppl will always game the system but that happens anyways. 

Thanks.

dance210 #34 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 24364 battles
  • [D4NCE] D4NCE

View Posttomg60616, on Mar 26 2014 - 09:40, said:

Greetings

I would like to comment on Skirmish 11.

Generally like the format and the spreading of gold.

I was surprised to realize that the limit of 2 of any 1 tank was not enforced for this tournament.  This came to my realization when we faced off against 3 t71 and could not see the enemy for most of the battle.  Among our team of 8 players only 1 has a T71.  I would prefer that all tournaments have limits.  It would make for more of an interesting game and give the non god like teams to have a chance at 1 kill.

I wonder if there could be divisions for tournaments, Maybe a Gold league Tournament Bronze etc.  Just a thought.

Maybe have the Bravo teams that lost (lower 50%) during the week simply face each other on Friday night and put the new entrants for the Bravo up against other new entrants.  Call the New Entrant section Charlie.  This would be rewarding the Bravo teams that played during the week after taking a beating and maybe give them an incentive to show up.  This is just a thought.  I realize some ppl will always game the system but that happens anyways. 

Thanks.

Hi tomg60616

We have a dispute system in place for any teams that break any of the posted rules, including bringing more that 2 of each tank model. The rules are located here.

As a reminder of our dispute rules:

Spoiler

I hope you enjoy the rest of the Skirmish!

PraireWolf #35 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 19:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30623 battles

Thanks

From looking here http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/853-Skirmish_11/

Skirmish 11 has NO restrictions.  Thus I will not submit a ticket.  Or am I wrong?

Yoott #36 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 19:18

Player

• Players
  • 24549 battles

View Posttomg60616, on Mar 26 2014 - 11:12, said:

Thanks

From looking here http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/853-Skirmish_11/

Skirmish 11 has NO restrictions.  Thus I will not submit a ticket.  Or am I wrong?

Hi Tom

You are correct, this tournament had no restrictions on the tank types used. So no need to put in any disputes. 

LostMyMarbles #37 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 23:12

Captain

• Players
  • 47635 battles
  • [INDIG] INDIG
Just wondering when Wednesday's group schedule is coming out some of my team needs to know so we can be ready for tonite

viawot #38 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 00:28

Major

• Players
  • 24802 battles
  • [M3GA] M3GA

View PostLostMyMarbles, on Mar 26 2014 - 15:12, said:

Just wondering when Wednesday's group schedule is coming out some of my team needs to know so we can be ready for tonite

Should be out now

_ProPenguin #39 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 00:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7015 battles

What's the deal with Skrim 11 standings?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/342810-skirmish-11-standings/page__p__6859403#entry6859403

I'm really confused at how your tournament group stage points, data available from here:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/853-Skirmish_11/

Doesn't match up with your current posted standings.

Examples:

It'd be really nice if you clarified data changes on the Standings post instead of just putting up these new data tables with no data backing them up. For the first post it is mentioned that,

"*Scores above may differ from the tournament page, due to Group Stage Round 1 scheduling errors"

However, the data from the second update doesn't even match the data of the first table... Please clarify or fix this

Edit:

On a side note why is it that teams can see the same teams from stage to stage?

i.e: Seeing the same two teams in the same group from Stage 2 to Stage 3

I can understand random placement for group stages for balancing but it seems a bit silly for the same teams to see each other in group stages.

Edited by Prodigal_Penguin, Mar 27 2014 - 00:53.

Kirito_San_SAO #40 Posted Mar 27 2014 - 01:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28186 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

View PostProdigal_Penguin, on Mar 27 2014 - 01:49, said:

What's the deal with Skrim 11 standings?

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/342810-skirmish-11-standings/page__p__6859403#entry6859403

I'm really confused at how your tournament group stage points, data available from here:

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/tournaments/853-Skirmish_11/

Doesn't match up with your current posted standings.

Examples:

It'd be really nice if you clarified data changes on the Standings post instead of just putting up these new data tables with no data backing them up. For the first post it is mentioned that,

"*Scores above may differ from the tournament page, due to Group Stage Round 1 scheduling errors"

However, the data from the second update doesn't even match the data of the first table... Please clarify or fix this

I am wondering about that too, I am part of THM and we lost 2 and had 1 draw in the first round but swept the 2nd round but now it is say we are undefeated.....how does that even work?

Also tagged with Skirmish 11

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users