Tried but done

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
35 replies to this topic

js23 #21 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 01:59

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 13485 battles
You cant judge the enite community by a few Noobs, all online games are gonna have haterz  :angry:

billytheid #22 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 05:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4323 battles
  • [TOG3A] TOG3A
Also remember that many of the lurkers in the forum are ex-millitary americans... there is a veritable treasure trove of unspent hostility here looking for an outlet.  So when they get you in their sights do what everyone else does; think 'bloody jingoistic blinkered nonsense' and then say 'why gosh darnit, thank you sir, what would I do without your guiding light'.

manasi #23 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 13:50

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 4549 battles
Just some helpful advice.

Train "thick skin" to "elite level"  Do not give a rats ass about HOW you are criticized see if there is any merit to the crtiticzm and adapt accordingly
Ignore what most people blather on about in chats...it MAY be important or it may be NON important...i.e. as a rule I watch 1 of every 5 battles and will sometimes warn tanks if someone is going to shoot you from an angle you do not see.
Train yourself to try to do what the tank is capable of doing what level that is can often be found by the tier of the tank. ~ educate yourself on the tanks abilities..if you die watch someone else in your class to see what THEY are doing
Stick around teir 4-6 for money/ xp

Head down and keep marching.

gamertrav #24 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 14:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18107 battles

View PostNavyCuda, on Apr 18 2011 - 15:49, said:

Welcome to the Internet.

That pretty much sums it up.  This happens in almost every online game there is.

I have had people telling me I "suck" when I'm the top killer on the team and winning the match.  Don't take it too seriously.

Dirg #25 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 14:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26328 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC

View Postbillytheid, on Apr 19 2011 - 05:05, said:

Also remember that many of the lurkers in the forum are ex-millitary americans... there is a veritable treasure trove of unspent hostility here looking for an outlet.  So when they get you in their sights do what everyone else does; think 'bloody jingoistic blinkered nonsense' and then say 'why gosh darnit, thank you sir, what would I do without your guiding light'.
As an American veteran I thank you for the unwarranted blanket insult to myself and everyone else who ever served or is serving in the US military. WOW,  I mean just WOW!

NavyCuda #26 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 15:51

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16992 battles
  • [CGN] CGN

View Postgamertrav, on Apr 19 2011 - 14:45, said:

I have had people telling me I "suck" when I'm the top killer on the team and winning the match.  Don't take it too seriously.

Ha, I remember this one dead 'gentleman' telling me I sucked at playing arty and I shouldn't play it if I didn't know how to use it, after having four kills (the most within the team), running out of ammo and charging the last two remaining tanks to distract them while the team would kill them. Which they did btw, I lived, we were all happy.

billytheid #27 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 16:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4323 battles
  • [TOG3A] TOG3A

View PostDirg, on Apr 19 2011 - 14:59, said:

As an American veteran I thank you for the unwarranted blanket insult to myself and everyone else who ever served or is serving in the US military. WOW,  I mean just WOW!

was being a 'jingoistic, blinkered etc...'.  It was an attempt at irony.

m938nek #28 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 16:54

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostSentinelTiberius, on Apr 18 2011 - 14:27, said:

I downloaded and installed this game with high hopes.  And it did not disappoint as far as the game itself goes.  I was having fun, even though I hadn't got any kills or even won any battles.  That all changed when I decided to join the training room.  I figured I needed some extra help because of my no kills situation so I went on a training mission.  People seemed nice at first, gave some advice during, but at the end, the guy who organized the training room started yelling at me about being blind or something and that is where it ruined it for me.  If people in the training areas, especially those who organize them are going to be that rude and inconsiderate of a noob, then I can only imagine how awful the actual game is going to be.  So I am not the best player, so what?  I am a noob and freely admit it, that is why I opted to join a training room.  This whole experience has soured me to the point I have actually uninstalled the game now.  I liked the game and enjoy community interactions but when they act like this, it ruins it for me and I can't see myself playing it anymore.

So what? If you try any other mmo, you will find jerks everywhere. Also when i look on it from different angle, people who treat every tip or reproach as idiocy and are unable to learn, are common too. From your description i can't judge who is who in this case, but for sure it means one thing - when you meet some asshole, it's not fault of the game. Or is it? And does NOT mean that you should quit.

Tzimon #29 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 21:43

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28545 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostDirg, on Apr 19 2011 - 14:59, said:

As an American veteran

I thank you for your service and sacrifices sir.

blakkmantis #30 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 22:17

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5347 battles
People are people, you will find rude ones in every aspect of life, and especially in these games.  I wouldn't worry about it dude, come back enjoy yourself.  Thats the only part that matters.  The rest of it will eventually come to you, and you will start getting kills.

blakkmantis #31 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 22:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5347 battles

View PostTzimon, on Apr 19 2011 - 21:43, said:

I thank you for your service and sacrifices sir.

I'd like to second that nice statement.  You guys in uniform never can be thanked enough.

Dirg #32 Posted Apr 20 2011 - 00:26

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26328 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Thank you both it is appreciated but unneeded.

Rissien #33 Posted Apr 20 2011 - 01:05

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11081 battles
and I would only apply the term ex military to someone who was kicked out. Im former navy myself, five years in and got out due to medical issues with my back. I do fit the stereotypical 'curse like a sailor' term tho but I am not an asshole, just to those who are being one themselves.

MadBadger #34 Posted Apr 20 2011 - 01:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23033 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-

View PostSentinelTiberius, on Apr 18 2011 - 16:12, said:

I guess I should have clarified that after stating in chat I was a noob and needed some extra help I was invited to this guys training room.  I posted this to get a more general idea of the community at large and find out if this was normal/expected behavior in game or not.  I feel sorry for those that feel this type of behavior is normal in online gaming.  I have been playing online for over a year now in another game and this type of behavior is not tolerated at all by the community.  Chat is always full of noob questions and there are always friendly and helpful people about that remember that we were all once noobs.  We didn't start out being the seasoned players we eventually evolved into.  From the responses here so far it seems that this is pretty normal for this community, though not every player will engage in such behavior.  I will wait and see what other responses I get.  I play games to relax and have fun.  I can deal with the occasional douche bag.  I have not given up entirely on the idea of playing more but I don't want to have to deal with negativity and nastiness on a constant and unending basis.  So what do you the community say?  Are most of you nasty and hateful or are most of you friendly and decent folk?  Was my experience truly the norm and to be expected or was it an unfortunate event that doesn't truly represent the game and people who play it?

Hiya OP and others looking to check 'the community'. I am a long LONG time internet gamer and forumer. You should prob be aware that training rooms, as stated, are a poor choice for actual training. They are not rooms created by the game itself or by any special 'training' people. They are in fact "User created battles in which you will neither game nor lose exp and credits" (although I think maybe you still pay for your ammo).

Most free-to-play games attract a whole slew of jerks who are only there to grief other people. Since the game costs them nothing, and they rarely have great skills (gamewise or peoplewise or RL-wise) then it costs them nothing to be banned and simply start another account. I call these people e-tards (sorry for anyone offended by my non-PC-ness).

Second, there seems to be another whole batch of people who basically use the forums to dump on anything even slightly objectionable to them as if the OP was a combo leper-satanworshipping-babycandystealer. Now, I too have seen too much whining and moaning and "Why oh WHY does the world treat me so horribly?" posting in my day... but some people seem to develop a reflex where they don't separate the whine-posts from the "I need more information please" posts.

Third, you should recall that typically only 10-15% of the players of any game use the game forums, so what you see in the forums (good or bad) isn't necessarily reflective of the community as a whole.

Last, remember about 'birds of a feather'. Positive posts, clear questions, contributing to the team, etc, will generally draw the attention of other people of a like mind. And you get out of something what you put into it. If you are consistently a contributor, you will likely end up with a good circle of acquaintances in the game.

However if you expect every experience to be a positive one, particularly when you are new to a game, then I can't think of too many games out there that you will last for long in.  Unless you do a large amount of reading guides and forums before you even get IN to a game (something that I often do myself if a game looks good and I want to see if it is worth the install).  There really IS a jerk around every corner (just as there is a good person around the corner after that).

Whether you continue on or leave, just try to remember that you don't have to take anyone else's crap. Someone can't make you feel bad without your help. If you don't like what you are seeing, just shrug and say "Ah I see that someone here has far worse issues than mine that they are unable to deal with" and move on.

Hope that helps, and hope you find enjoyment in whatever you do.

Regards,

Badger

Turlagh #35 Posted Apr 20 2011 - 01:29

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3197 battles
I've noticed that high nerd rage = low skill. they are the ones that are usually dead in the first 3 minutes of the battle.

Just stick with the normal battles and don't be in a rush (in the battle and progressing).

johndart #36 Posted Apr 20 2011 - 01:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 761 battles
chat is chat....and people can express themselves in chat. this is not something new. i dont think you will find ANY online game with open chat that doesnt have mouthy people. happy hunting....post back here when you find a "polite" massive mp game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users