Cant even begin to play

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

SantaClause #1 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 19:08

Private

• Players
  • 2991 battles
  • [10AB] 10AB
Ok, so I downloaded wot on one of my computers, and it will just close itself because of connection problems I'm guessing....
I looked through the forum and found a few topics on increasing speed and fps but i can't even follow the directions and get the the right places to change that stuff because my computer doesn't have a bar where I can paste where i want to go to... and also I suck with computers...

Anyways, since I couldn't get that computer to work because it sucks I decided to download on a better computer.

Problem is, I've downloaded the game 4 times using Firefox, and each time I get a message saying that the file is corrupted and i need to try again.

Is there something I'm doing wrong that it won't download??

all help appreciated, and go ahead and flame me if you want to...you'll be wasting my time just as much as yours...

1N54N3 #2 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 19:12

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10676 battles
2 things,

Play the game as an administrator. right click icon and run as.

Make sure the Firewall lets it through.

The anti virus might block it but it is not a virus or malware, just soviet programing at its best.

Lastly, you are supposed to download via the torrent, not the direct download.

If all this has failed reply here, and/or open a ticket at support.worldoftanks.com

Cheers  :Smile_harp:

Daemus #3 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 19:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 1434 battles
Do you happen to have a network card you can swap in and try instead of your currently installed/onboard one? Sounds like you could be having a problem there.

Are your two computers networked, do you have a flash drive, cd burner, or some other method of transferring files from one computer to the other? You could try moving the successfully downloaded file from the first computer to the second.

thekalman #4 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 20:21

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 298 battles

View PostSantaClause, on Apr 18 2011 - 19:08, said:

Ok, so I downloaded wot on one of my computers, and it will just close itself because of connection problems I'm guessing....
I looked through the forum and found a few topics on increasing speed and fps but i can't even follow the directions and get the the right places to change that stuff because my computer doesn't have a bar where I can paste where i want to go to... and also I suck with computers...

Anyways, since I couldn't get that computer to work because it sucks I decided to download on a better computer.

Problem is, I've downloaded the game 4 times using Firefox, and each time I get a message saying that the file is corrupted and i need to try again.

Is there something I'm doing wrong that it won't download??

all help appreciated, and go ahead and flame me if you want to...you'll be wasting my time just as much as yours...
The common denominator here is firefox. Try downloading it using a different browser.

SantaClause #5 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 20:23

Private

• Players
  • 2991 battles
  • [10AB] 10AB
Ok so I'm not sure what you mean by run as administrator, because I don't have that option when i right click and go to "run as"...

it is downloading as a torrent on the better computer right now, we'll see if it works this time

Daemus: I don't have a network card, but I do have a few flash drives I could use. if the other download doesn't work, then I'll try that way. the download on the computer that works is not the torrent, so I'm not sure if i want to transfer that over but I will if I have to

SantaClause #6 Posted Apr 18 2011 - 20:24

Private

• Players
  • 2991 battles
  • [10AB] 10AB

View Postthekalman, on Apr 18 2011 - 20:21, said:

The common denominator here is firefox. Try downloading it using a different browser.

i tried using safari and enternet explorer, no go for both, got a few minutes till i know if the torrent will download correctly

SantaClause #7 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 02:39

Private

• Players
  • 2991 battles
  • [10AB] 10AB
I have given up on downloading on the second computer, and i cannot transfer this download because some where in the process, it got corrupted somehow. I think that computer is just picky...

anyways, I've gone to the troubleshooting part of the tech help center, and downloaded a few things to supposivly fix my problems, but they havn't.

the only thing that i havnt been able to figure out how to do is run as administrator.  I have made a password for it, but every time i try to use the run as feature, i get a message saying,

"Unable to log on:
Logon failure: user account restriction.  Possible reasons are blank passwords are not allowed, logon hours restricted, or a policy restriction has been enforced."

I have tried several ways to get my computer to allow me to use run as administrator, but none seem to work.

I am using Windows XP.  Has anyone had this problem or can anyone help me?

thekalman #8 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 20:01

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 298 battles
If your account doesn't have admin privledges you may need to log in with the admin account and either escalate your account privileges, or install the game via the admin account.

If you're on a personal desktop or laptop at least one account on the machine will have admin privileges.

SantaClause #9 Posted Apr 20 2011 - 05:32

Private

• Players
  • 2991 battles
  • [10AB] 10AB

View Postthekalman, on Apr 19 2011 - 20:01, said:

If your account doesn't have admin privledges you may need to log in with the admin account and either escalate your account privileges, or install the game via the admin account.

If you're on a personal desktop or laptop at least one account on the machine will have admin privileges.

thanks, so what your saying is i should log on in safe mode (only way i know of to go as admin) then download the game and it will then start it as an admin when I'm playing on the normal logon?

OmniPresent #10 Posted Apr 28 2011 - 01:08

Private

• Players
  • 260 battles
So is it more advisible to download through the torrent and is it safe to do so? Cause im suffering from the same issues of the files being corrupted. Any help that can be provided would be appreciated.

Zakume #11 Posted Apr 28 2011 - 11:24

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31320 battles
Yes the torrent is more reliable and how I downloaded it way back when cuz the same issue with direct download was happening. And just FYI unless your on a restricted account, windows xp is set to run as admin by default.

OmniPresent #12 Posted Apr 29 2011 - 02:11

Private

• Players
  • 260 battles
So how long does it normally take these days to upload using the torrent, and is it safe in regards to your computer security?

Zakume #13 Posted Apr 30 2011 - 00:40

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31320 battles

View PostOmniPresent, on Apr 29 2011 - 02:11, said:

So how long does it normally take these days to upload using the torrent, and is it safe in regards to your computer security?

Your downloading the torrent not uploading...as for speed that depends on your own internet connection, as well as how many seeds there are. As for how secure it is, its not like you're torrenting some pirate game, and thousands of us have used that method with no problem so....good luck? :)

t1125 #14 Posted May 10 2011 - 22:56

Private

• Players
  • 1211 battles
I recommend you trying a different browser I highly recommend Google Chrome.
Or possibly if this doesn't work go on another PC and plug in something like a usb or cd and copy it on to that and put it on your pc

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users