Normal Mode is dead

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Yhalothurr #1 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 18:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7 battles

http://ftr.wot-news....l-battles-info/

This is the main menu where you can choose a historical battle, vehicle and look over your tank before you start the battle. In version 9.0 you will be able to choose between three historical battles:

Lake Balaton offensive

Map: Erlenberg
Vehicles:
USSR – IS, T-34, T-34-85, ISU-152, SU-100, SU-76
Germany – Stug III, Tiger II, Panther, Pz IV, Jagdtiger, Jagdpanther

Battle of Kursk

Map: Prokhorovka
Vehicles:
USSR – SU-152, KV-1S, SU-85, T-34, T-70, SU-76,
Germany – Ferdinand, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger I, StuG III, Pz II, Pz III

Ardennes Offensive

Map: Erlenberg
Vehicles:
USA – M10 Wolverine, M18 Hellcat, M36 Jackson, M4A3E8 Sherman, M4A3E2 Sherman Jumbo
Germany – Jagdpanther, Pz IV, Panther, Tiger I, StuG III, Tiger II

What this means is, the ability to never play El Halluf again for example, dont like certain maps, play historical mode and choose the ones you want. A feature which has dogged WoT and lowered profits since the start. Ive always wanted to be able to play the maps I enjoy when I want to play them, a real lobby style pick your match and it starts when full option.

They couldnt do it at the start with limited players, it should just be expected to be put in.. and now it is, for historical mode.

When this comes out Ill probably never play normal again.

flakjkt #2 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 18:58

Captain

• Players
  • 19291 battles
  • [PBFAP] PBFAP
Has plenty of potential.  I will play often if the wait time to get in a game is reasonable.

MajorRenegade #3 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 19827 battles
  • [NGA] NGA
Don't see how this gonna to work with the player base we have for na server. Russia server I can see this happening

Yhalothurr #4 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7 battles

Block Quote

Don't see how this gonna to work with the player base we have for na server. Russia server I can see this happening

Well who knows, maybe people like myself will actually start coming back... and theres nothing wrong with waiting 1 minute to start a battle. For the last half of the match fill up it will be pretty quick, itd only take a while if you picked a map no one wanted to play.

The maps that dont suck, the maps like himmels and such that people love.. they get a ton of playtime, they will always be up. It forces the devs to actually make content the players enjoy, otherwise they ignore it and it doesnt even get played.

Thats how it should be. Not us being forced into garbage maps we hate on random and only playing the ones we love once every few sessions.

Still waiting on my 10k gold from that wowp battles for wot gold event they cancelled however.

Edited by Yhalothurr, Mar 20 2014 - 19:06.

Zarkus #5 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23052 battles

Forgive my ignorance if this has been answered, but will they have Great Britain vs Germany for some African campaigns, or maybe Caan?

El Halouf will be back! Brits and Ami's could be together vs Germany...M3 Lee, m4 Sherman, Crusader, Bishop vs Panzer 3, Panzer 4, Stug...

Yhalothurr #6 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7 battles
I had just taken a quick look over the FTR link page, it was posted in another thread.. I saw the 3 maps they say they are starting with but nothing about upcoming ones.. I imagine there should be plenty of english scenarios considering they will want to do china vs japan for the asian market and the UK comes first due to its release date and how full its tree is in comparison.

JayHollyLion #7 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:16

Major

• Players
  • 10435 battles
  • [CARD] CARD
Nice function. But for what it's worth, I like all the maps in World of Tanks. :trollface:

3BAC #8 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:20

Major

• Wiki Staff
  • 43448 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

So, the player who does nothing but historical battles, earning free XP along the way, eventually decides he wants to free XP his way to Tier 10.  Having no clue how to play any map but the three he's repeatedly played on his whole time, he sucks royally.  After coming to the forums to complain about how bad his teams are on regular battles, he goes back to playing nothing but historical battes.

Yes, there is potential.  The tomatoes that can't figure out how to play all the maps will instead flock to the limited number (currently 2?) provided by Historical battles.  For all of you going that route, thank you for taking it in the shorts for those of us who like the challenge and variety of the different maps.

flakjkt #9 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:20

Captain

• Players
  • 19291 battles
  • [PBFAP] PBFAP

View PostJayHollyLion, on Mar 20 2014 - 19:16, said:

Nice function. But for what it's worth, I like all the maps in World of Tanks. :trollface:

Sicko!!  Lol

FORLORN_H0PE #10 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22271 battles
no scout tanks?

Yhalothurr #11 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7 battles

View Post3BAC, on Mar 20 2014 - 18:20, said:

So, the player who does nothing but historical battles, earning free XP along the way, eventually decides he wants to free XP his way to Tier 10.  Having no clue how to play any map but the three he's repeatedly played on his whole time, he sucks royally.  After coming to the forums to complain about how bad his teams are on regular battles, he goes back to playing nothing but historical battes.

Yes, there is potential.  The tomatoes that can't figure out how to play all the maps will instead flock to the limited number (currently 2?) provided by Historical battles.  For all of you going that route, thank you for taking it in the shorts for those of us who like the challenge and variety of the different maps.

Someones butthurt. You need to own the tank to play it, derp. Baddies wont even know how to start a historical battle mode, it takes more than a button press. Also, its 3 maps to start.That will obviously change to include all of them.

FlorbFnarb #12 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:22

Major

• Players
  • 12743 battles
  • [M--M] M--M

View PostYhalothurr, on Mar 20 2014 - 14:03, said:

Well who knows, maybe people like myself will actually start coming back... and theres nothing wrong with waiting 1 minute to start a battle. For the last half of the match fill up it will be pretty quick, itd only take a while if you picked a map no one wanted to play.

The maps that dont suck, the maps like himmels and such that people love.. they get a ton of playtime, they will always be up. It forces the devs to actually make content the players enjoy, otherwise they ignore it and it doesnt even get played.

Thats how it should be. Not us being forced into garbage maps we hate on random and only playing the ones we love once every few sessions.

Still waiting on my 10k gold from that wowp battles for wot gold event they cancelled however.

Nothing wrong with El Halluf.

Having a match setup where you get to pick your tank AND pick your map so you never have to deal with your tank's weaknesses is a recipe for fail.

Yhalothurr #13 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7 battles

View PostFlorbFnarb, on Mar 20 2014 - 18:22, said:

Nothing wrong with El Halluf.

Having a match setup where you get to pick your tank AND pick your map so you never have to deal with your tank's weaknesses is a recipe for fail.

Counterstrike source:

Being able to pick your map and being able to pick your gun is a recipe for fail. You can just snipe down a hall the whole time, no one will enjoy this!

Ignoring counterstrikes success as arguably the best multiplayer shooter of all time. Being able to pick your map should just be expected, not allowing map selection in a lobby style join game setup is a recipe for bad content.

I cant find a picture of it because absolutely no one takes screenshots of a match selection lobby screen.. Its a basic screen with map name, ping, player count etc.. it has a filter option so you can select which maps you want and which you dont, you can view them all by the most players per match, some have less or more player caps per match.. so in theory if you wanted to play a 64 player match on dust with low ping that has 60+ players already, you can.

The only difference for WoT would be the need to fill the lobby before starting the game, not allowing people to jump in at random. It would be infinitely better and any negative stated is just an excuse.

An excuse from the same person who loves El Halluf at that. A map which would be totally unplayable due to lack of interested players.

Skpstr #14 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 13258 battles
Hmmm.... I was under the impression that the battles had set rosters, balanced by real people. I still have hopes for this mode, but since random MM is involved, my hopes just got less.... What I would like to see is a selection of scenarios, with preset rosters, and you don't pick a particular battle. You pick your tank, pay your ammo fee, and get thrown into an open slot in one of the scenarios. You ponied up your M10? You don't know whether you get the 3" gun on Kasserine Pass, or the 76mm on Ardennes. Pick a T-34? Maybe you'll be playing Barbarossa, using the L-11, or Stalingrad, with the Zis-5.

Yhalothurr #15 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 19:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 7 battles

View PostSkpstr, on Mar 20 2014 - 18:39, said:

Hmmm.... I was under the impression that the battles had set rosters, balanced by real people. I still have hopes for this mode, but since random MM is involved, my hopes just got less.... What I would like to see is a selection of scenarios, with preset rosters, and you don't pick a particular battle. You pick your tank, pay your ammo fee, and get thrown into an open slot in one of the scenarios. You ponied up your M10? You don't know whether you get the 3" gun on Kasserine Pass, or the 76mm on Ardennes. Pick a T-34? Maybe you'll be playing Barbarossa, using the L-11, or Stalingrad, with the Zis-5.

I dont disagree with much of that really, I just think map selections is such an awesome feature the game is lacking, it should be implemented at all costs.. I might actually start paying for this game if they brought map selection to normal matches.

Think of it this way, when you get to pick your map and your tank, there is no computer random MM, youre now dealing with real random chances.. not artificially made.

Teams would actually be randomly composed based on whoever wanted that map and that tank. There can be no rigging in a scenario like this, its true randomness. Real percentages created by the laws of large numbers would be in effect.

Player skill would have the maximum impact on his personal statistics, bads would suffer, unicums would go up.

edit: it should go one step further too, it shouldnt allow just map selection as a map, it should allow a numbered lobby selection.

There should be the ability for 3 himmels games to be starting at once, for you to choose which himmels you want along with which tank you want. This prevents MM from rigging teams even further.

Edited by Yhalothurr, Mar 20 2014 - 19:56.

chris9000 #16 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 21:12

Major

• Players
  • 11034 battles
Any idea as to whether HB matches will show up in our stats? 

QuicksilverJPR #17 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 21:15

Captain

• Players
  • 14103 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15

View PostZarkus, on Mar 20 2014 - 14:08, said:

Forgive my ignorance if this has been answered, but will they have Great Britain vs Germany for some African campaigns, or maybe Caan?

El Halouf will be back! Brits and Ami's could be together vs Germany...M3 Lee, m4 Sherman, Crusader, Bishop vs Panzer 3, Panzer 4, Stug...

They would be foolish to NOT add these battles.  It would be a damn riot, IMHO....

FlorbFnarb #18 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 21:16

Major

• Players
  • 12743 battles
  • [M--M] M--M

View PostYhalothurr, on Mar 20 2014 - 14:50, said:

I dont disagree with much of that really, I just think map selections is such an awesome feature the game is lacking, it should be implemented at all costs.. I might actually start paying for this game if they brought map selection to normal matches.

Think of it this way, when you get to pick your map and your tank, there is no computer random MM, youre now dealing with real random chances.. not artificially made.

Teams would actually be randomly composed based on whoever wanted that map and that tank. There can be no rigging in a scenario like this, its true randomness. Real percentages created by the laws of large numbers would be in effect.

Player skill would have the maximum impact on his personal statistics, bads would suffer, unicums would go up.

edit: it should go one step further too, it shouldnt allow just map selection as a map, it should allow a numbered lobby selection.

There should be the ability for 3 himmels games to be starting at once, for you to choose which himmels you want along with which tank you want. This prevents MM from rigging teams even further.

The game is not rigged, and implying it is just makes you sound ridiculous.

Das_Schlippo #19 Posted Mar 20 2014 - 21:17

Major

• Players
  • 10980 battles
  • [VPG] VPG
Our benevolent overlords in Minsk have indeed given us the ability to select what map to play in Hysterical Battles.  It just so happens that 2 of the 3 choices are the same and the other is crap.  Welcome to Eastern European democracy, Comrades!

AzureTerra #20 Posted Mar 21 2014 - 09:19

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 13443 battles
So you can play repeatedly on the same 2 maps... Fun times. While there are some maps i despise (Fjords im looking at you) i'd rather have a large selection of maps to play on than the same two repeatedly. But until More maps/battles are added i'd hardly be bothered to play more than a couple each time i log in.

Edited by AzureTerra, Mar 21 2014 - 09:19.

Also tagged with Normal, Mode, is, dead

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users