Tier 1 Tank Destroyers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

DeltaForce95 #1 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 06:33

Private

• Players
  • 2614 battles
Ok this might be me, but Im wondering why when I chose to go the tank destroyer route with the russians I end up with folks that are WAYYYYY above me tier wise?  I mean come on? How would an AT6 or whatever the first thing is cause an imbalance issue on one of those servers?  Can we please get some love so I don't spend all my credits repairing my AT6 after a minute on a map?  I don't see what the issue is having tier 1 TDs at least on Light tank maps

Pentika667 #2 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 06:59

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8615 battles
the at-1 won't be put up against something it cant damage.  just stick it out till its fully upgraded and it will be capable of doing awesome.  if you're bouncing shots off of an enemy, load up some high explosive shots. they wont cause tons of health damage to the tank, but will damage their components and make them an easier target for your allies.  

i absolutely hated TD when i first started playing this game in beta.. arty ate me up bad.  so naturally i went and played arty lol.  after tier 4 i was so bored i went back to TD.  after knowing how the arty worked, it became soooooo much easier to have great rounds in a TD.

so just hang in there for a bit, maybe try something new for a while.   the game is definitely worth a little time invested to learn it enough to enjoy it.  if it was easy and fun the first day, most people would probably be bored with it after a week or so.

good luck, have fun, and see ya out on the field

d_black_se #3 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 07:07

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 9724 battles
  • [TB] TB
TD's and artillery are balanced one tier higher than they actually are.  So the base TD (Tier 2) gets counted as a Tier 3 tank  and typically ends up in a match with tier 3-5 tanks.  They sometimes end up in a tier 2-3 match.. it depends on who's waiting for a game.

Pentika is correct about playing arty to learn more about how not to be hit by arty.

Eule #4 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 07:34

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 575 battles
Check this out: Link to the Wiki section on matchmaking

This is the nature of the game, that you will frequently face opponents a few tiers higher than you. It balances out in the long run because you will also face opponents of lower tiers. Some matches you're the big dog, some matches you better hang way back and try not to get spotted at all.

Personally, I love it when I can blow up a heavy tank three tiers higher than my fragile little tank destroyer.  :Smile-playing:

GearaDoga #5 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 15:37

Major

• Players
  • 8517 battles
  • [WIH] WIH

View PostWhite_Owl, on Apr 19 2011 - 07:34, said:

Personally, I love it when I can blow up a heavy tank three tiers higher than my fragile little tank destroyer.  :Smile-playing:

Ah, the Marder's long barreled 76mm and the Hetzer's beastly 105mm...  Great fun, love watching heavy drivers lose it when I kill them.

m938nek #6 Posted Apr 19 2011 - 17:12

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostDeltaForce95, on Apr 19 2011 - 06:33, said:

Ok this might be me, but Im wondering why when I chose to go the tank destroyer route with the russians I end up with folks that are WAYYYYY above me tier wise?  I mean come on? How would an AT6 or whatever the first thing is cause an imbalance issue on one of those servers?  Can we please get some love so I don't spend all my credits repairing my AT6 after a minute on a map?  I don't see what the issue is having tier 1 TDs at least on Light tank maps

If there were only same tiers in one battle, it wouldn't be point to own better tank, and purchase gold for some people, would it? But i strongly agree that TDs shouldn't be the ones taking bottom lines in startup grid, because a] they can't scout b] they can't penetrate. Lights lowtier are ok, because they can earn by scouting more than by shooting, artillery on other hand can penetrate and heavys too... but what can a TD do? I suggested this very long time ago, noone sems to care. So if you feel like wanting it, make suggestion too or sign into my old one and renew it :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users