Crash Bug Error Launcher Miniupdate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

Lycan_Knight #1 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:26

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13342 battles
  • [IKU] IKU

THIS JUST IN::::: GAME IS NOT LOADING AT ALL EVEN WITH THE FRESH REINSTALLATION. THE ISSUE IS NOT MOD RELATED THIS IS A GAME/CLIENT ERROR!!!!! THIS GAME HAS BECOME BROKEN ON THE LAUNCHER AFTER A TWO HOUR FRACKING WAIT FOR IT TO INSTALL AGAIN!

So it seems there are hundreds of people having issues.... I too am having issues and resorted to a CLEAN REINSTALL in hopes of fixing the mess Wargaming yet again made by messing with things that weren't broken. *MY* mods worked since 7.2, they better not mess with the record. 

As for the current issue it's the same as most of us here anymore... Launcher comes up, does the patch, you hit the play button and *BAM*..... nothing happens but the game shutting down without warning ever since that "harmless" (my [edited]) mini-update.

Lemme tell you..... if this update has made this game completely unplayable for me and counless others? i'm fairly certain Wargaming will be losing THOUSANDS of players due to this. They better step up and fix this mess they caused.

Let me re-iterate this for you lot. i am NOT USING MODS AT THIS TIME. Mods are NOT the culprit. It may be an issue when you installed the patch for many of you using those special mods that use the scripts folder, but for me my mod file is empty and after (now) 3 re-installations it is STILL not working. I have been without the game since Monday night/tuesday morning when the patch went through (installed the patch at 3:30 EST when i got home from school.)

I have tried the following:

removed all mods

fresh install

There is no item_defs file in my res_mods folder, only a readme notepad.

Uninstall followed by CCleaner followed by re-install

Reinstalling DirectX (think something broke on the third try, my Direct3D file is having issues and now doesn't let me do a DXdiag. help there would be appreciated)

Sent in a ticket

Resent ticket yesterday afternoon to make sure it went through.

Reboot computer

Started in Safemode to check installed files

Replaced audio files (cut and repasted them back into place in the res file)

Done all of which the support FAQ says to try, still nothing

...... I'm seriously running out of options. And from the looks of it many more are showing up now that support is getting involved on the forums.

Edited by Lycan_Knight, Mar 27 2014 - 12:53.

BlackStealth08 #2 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:30

Major

• Players
  • 12422 battles

I had issues getting the game to load but once I removed my mods I was able to get it working. I actually was able to narrow it down to which mod was causing me issues. 

Also what even was in the patch lastnight because I see no changes to the game.

paradat #3 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:30

Major

• Players
  • 34758 battles
  • [TBW] TBW
It is the Mods, remove them (particularly sound mods)

paradat #4 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:31

Major

• Players
  • 34758 battles
  • [TBW] TBW

View PostBlackStealth08, on Mar 26 2014 - 00:30, said:

I had issues getting the game to load but once I removed my mods I was able to get it working. I actually was able to narrow it down to which mod was causing me issues. 

Fixed the Arty Ghost round bug from last patch

Lycan_Knight #5 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:32

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13342 battles
  • [IKU] IKU

View PostBlackStealth08, on Mar 25 2014 - 18:30, said:

from what the guys in IOC are talking about the patch was suppose to allow different garage skins to be bought and premium users to buy "special" ones. I also tried to remove the mods. i did and it still didn't work, hell i even tried using the world of tanks repair tool (which ALWAYS fails.) and of course it didn't help. I tried several suggestions such as the scripts removal and total removal of the Res_mods file. nothing. So yea, this clean install better work... this is the 6th time iv'e had to RE-install the game because of their stupidity.

paradat #6 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:35

Major

• Players
  • 34758 battles
  • [TBW] TBW

WG makes great game

Player installs unsupported soft ware mods to game.

WG updates the great game

Game stops working because of the Mods

Player blames WG?

Rob_Roy_McGregor #7 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:36

Private

• Players
  • 40020 battles
If you have any mods they have to go.  Do a compete wipe and reload a clean game.  I had the same problem until I did that.  Now it's fine

kogepan_man #8 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:38

Major

• Players
  • 7726 battles

View PostRob_Roy_McGregor, on Mar 25 2014 - 23:36, said:

If you have any mods they have to go.  Do a compete wipe and reload a clean game.  I had the same problem until I did that.  Now it's fine

Did you put your mods back on after the reinstall?  Because if not I would hardly call that "fine".

BrotherSergeantChronus #9 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:41

Private

• Players
  • 7153 battles
  • [CSKUL] CSKUL
I had to re-install the game but now I can't re-download my historical gun sound mod for it will just crash the game again.

Lycan_Knight #10 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:42

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13342 battles
  • [IKU] IKU

View Postparadat, on Mar 25 2014 - 18:35, said:

WG makes great game

Player blames WG?

1) (great? how about the ONLY one until War Thunder began truly bringing out the ground units for beta testing.)

2) (the mods i put on here were made by my hand, checked, double checked and assured they worked without effecting the game, they worked for almost 3 years now. Why would a micro patch effect it?

3) (Wargaming updates the game every month almost, it be small or massive, and somehow breaks something that wasn't broken before (for example, ghost rounds didn't begin until the nerfs to Artillery APCR glitches didn't begin until mass availability for credits etc.)

4) (The game stopped working. PERIOD. not because of mods. i REMOVED THE FILE COMPLETELY for the mods. If it was mods then that would have fixed it.

5) Yes. i'm blaming WG. BECAUSE they never check these micro patches thoroughly for errors in scripting that could effect the players. the fact that THOUSANDS of people are experiencing this is proof of that.

Edit: Also! As i look through the current issues on their list of general support requests, it's not just the mods being effected. In-game functions are glitching out, tank sorting is busted for some, people are stuck on the patching localized data... this patch is FULL of problems.

Edited by Lycan_Knight, Mar 25 2014 - 23:53.

TBola #11 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 25235 battles
  • [V1RUS] V1RUS

View Postparadat, on Mar 25 2014 - 18:35, said:

WG makes great game

Player blames WG?

YES... i do...WG has got  player base which tries to make the game better for them as far as stats,...."SOUNDS",  how well we have done in a game...(to improve)

and generally make it customized for ourselves....and WG smashes the things that make us happy with the game...its very typical...they screwed the pooch AGAIN...and its not going over well.

anonym_3N1sLJ1Nfj7v #12 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Historic gun and engine mods have been updated for this newest glitch (patch) , they both work fine now, for me at least

Black_Oak #13 Posted Mar 25 2014 - 23:54

Captain

• Players
  • 32899 battles
  • [KELT1] KELT1
I havent had any isues but tons have....although I dont have any MODS....seems like the MODS complicate things

oO_CyRuS_Oo #14 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 00:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 6761 battles

View Postparadat, on Mar 26 2014 - 03:05, said:

WG makes great game

Player blames WG?

I've never used mods at all yet game doesnt work at all so i have the right to blame WG 

Lycan_Knight #15 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 00:27

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13342 battles
  • [IKU] IKU
THIS JUST IN::::: GAME IS NOT LOADING AT ALL EVEN WITH THE FRESH REINSTALLATION. THE ISSUE IS NOT MOD RELATED THIS IS A GAME/CLIENT ERROR!!!!! THIS GAME HAS BECOME BROKEN ON THE LAUNCHER AFTER A TWO HOUR FRACKING WAIT FOR IT TO INSTALL AGAIN!

Captain_Bathory #16 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 00:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5040 battles
I don't have any mods, I have re installed it twice now, and it still refuses to work. Fix your game WG. 

BlackStealth08 #17 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 01:32

Major

• Players
  • 12422 battles

View Postparadat, on Mar 25 2014 - 18:31, said:

Fixed the Arty Ghost round bug from last patch

View PostLycan_Knight, on Mar 25 2014 - 18:32, said:

from what the guys in IOC are talking about the patch was suppose to allow different garage skins to be bought and premium users to buy "special" ones. I also tried to remove the mods. i did and it still didn't work, hell i even tried using the world of tanks repair tool (which ALWAYS fails.) and of course it didn't help. I tried several suggestions such as the scripts removal and total removal of the Res_mods file. nothing. So yea, this clean install better work... this is the 6th time iv'e had to RE-install the game because of their stupidity.

Well thats lame. I use gnomefather's sound mod and I narrowed it down to the item_defs folder which contains all of the gun and vehicle effects. I guess the update screwed with my xml files. :sceptic:

I found that all of the files

for each nation will not work except the engines.xml file with the exception of Germany because the game will not load with any of the German sound files. So the mod must be updated to work properly.

Edited by BlackStealth08, Mar 26 2014 - 01:33.

smallblockchev64 #18 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 06:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 18940 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
Had to reinstall entire game without mods and still will not load. Have tried over and over...finally submitted ticket. Have played over a year and this is the biggest mess I have encountered so far.

NulliSecundus #19 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 06:23

Private

• Players
  • 20414 battles

If it helps my game wasn't loading either after the micro patch...I deleted my bat cave hanger skin and associated files and that worked for me.

Good luck.

zerofilth #20 Posted Mar 26 2014 - 06:25

Private

• Players
  • 5601 battles
  • [LA] LA

Any kind of mod that replaces files makes the game unplayable immediately. 

My guess is all we can do is wait for the mods to be updated. Fresh install did work for me, XVM worked flawlessly too.

Remove the game, use some kind of registry cleaner, like CCleaner just to make sure nothing else is left, reboot your machine, reinstall game. If it doesn't work, something is still wrong in YOUR machine, check your installation folder after unninstaling the game too. :smile:

Also tagged with Crash, Bug, Error, Launcher, Miniupdate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users